Announce a New Partner • Example Letters, Plus Guides and Samples
Make this announcement short and to the point. It is a courtesy announcement and serves as publicity for your business.
How to write this announcement letter:
- Explain who your new partner is and what position he or she will occupy. Keep details such as job history, schooling, or academic honors brief. Before sending the announcement, give the new partner the courtesy of reviewing it for possible changes and final approval.
Example Letter #1
Springfield City is pleased to announce the appointment of John Doe as its new Chief of Police, effective July 1. Chief Doe is a 20-year veteran of our police force and was recently awarded the Governor's medal for meritorious service for his actions in thwarting a terrorist attack on City Hall. He succeeds Eric Johnson who will retire in June after a distinguished career in law enforcement. Springfield City is fortunate to have such capable leaders in our police force.
Example Letter #2
Eric Doe has recently joined the law firm of Johnson and Johnson as a partner. The firm Johnson, Johnson, and Doe will continue at its present location of 1600 Main Street in Springfield under its new name. Mr. Doe is a graduate of Springfield Law School and specializes in criminal defense law.
Example Letter #3
Jane Doe has been made a full partner in the Doe Adventures travel and guide services. Jane grew up knowing the business, and for the last ten years has been the region's top-rated white water guide. As a partner, Jane will bring a wealth of travel experience to the white water rafting, scuba diving, and deep-sea fishing expeditions she will organize and lead.
Example Letter #4
The Doe Real Estate Group is pleased to welcome a new partner, Jane Doe. Jane grew up here in Springfield but has spent the last ten years working in commercial real estate in Chicago. We are happy she has decided to return to her hometown and bring her experience to our office. Please call Doe Real Estate for help with all your real estate needs.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Explain who your new partner is and what position he or she will occupy. Keep details such as job history, schooling, or academic honors brief. Before sending the announcement, give the new partner the courtesy of reviewing it for possible changes and final approval.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- The Springfield office of Jones and Smith welcomes Jane Doe as a partner in their law firm located at 1600 Main Street, Springfield, Kansas 12345. Ms. Doe, a graduate of Doe Law School, was formerly a partner of Johnson and Luthy of Centerville. She is a published authority on U.S. tax law.
- Dr. John Doe is pleased to announce that his son Eric has joined his dental practice at 1600 Main Street in Springfield. The younger Dr. Doe specializes in children's dental care. The Doe Clinic is now fully staffed to meet all of your family's dental needs.
- Robert Johnson has been named a partner in Springfield's World Realty. Mr. Johnson is a well-known authority in commercial real estate and teaches real estate classes at Doe Community College. In 2017 he was named realtor of the year for the State of Kansas.
- The Springfield Brokerage is happy to report that Robert Johnson, formerly of Doe and Luthy, has joined their firm as a full partner. Mr. Johnson brings extensive experience with world stock markets and trade unions.
- Doe Transit welcomes Robert Johnson as a partner in their expanding trucking business. Mr. Johnson, a twenty-year veteran of the Army Transportation Corps, will direct all operations in the coastal regions.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- a new partner
- are happy to announce
- are pleased to welcome
- are happy to report that
- as a partner in
- brings a fine reputation as a
- has a special interest in
- has extensive experience in
- has been named a partner in
- has joined our firm as
- is a graduate of
- is pleased to announce
- is a published authority on
- look forward to
- nationally known for
- now fully staffed
- specializes in
- to meet all your needs in
- was formerly a partner in
- well-known authority on
- will direct our operations
- will join us on