Example Letter #1
In our ongoing efforts to improve your employee benefits, we are pleased to announce that effective September 1, Doe Corporation will participate in a savings plan available to all full-time employees.
For anyone who saves at least 3% in the master retirement plan through payroll deduction each month, Doe Corporation will deposit a matching 3%. Employees may have a payroll deduction of up to 17% of their gross income each month, making a total possible tax-deferred savings each month of 20%.
The benefits office will mail further information and enrollment forms to your home address. They will also hold a meeting on August 15, to explain the program and answer questions. If you plan to participate, you must sign up before August 20.
Example Letter #2
We are pleased to announce three saving plan options for all full-time employees. The following are available through payroll deduction: l) Any amount up to 17% of your salary may be automatically deposited in a tax sheltered annuity, 2) U.S. Savings Bonds may be purchased, and 3) deposits may be made into a supplemental retirement fund.
If you participate in option 1, the company will contribute an amount equal to 3% of your salary into the supplemental retirement fund.
Complete information and enrollment forms will be included with April 1 paychecks. Personnel in the Benefits Office can answer your questions.
Example Letter #3
Beginning November 1, Doe Hardware will offer the Springfield Bank's Match-Funds savings program to employees who wish to participate.
You may choose automatic payroll deductions of up to 17% of your gross income. The company will match up to 3%.
Some restrictions apply. See Jane Doe for a brochure with more detailed information and an enrollment form. If you wish to participate you must complete this form by October 15.
Example Letter #4
Doe University is pleased to offer our employees a new company savings plan. In cooperation with Doe Credit Union, employees may now have money deducted directly from their paychecks and put into a special account. We have a variety of special accounts from which to choose. Please refer to the enclosed brochure for more information.
This is a relatively painless way to save, and we appreciate the credit union's cooperation in assisting all of us in the difficult task of putting aside money for the future. If you have further questions or want to enroll in a specific plan, please call the credit union at 555-5555.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Introduce the savings plan.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- The new company savings plan announced in our quarterly meeting will go into effect on July 1.
- We are pleased to announce that effective January 1, the company will participate in a savings plan available to all full-time employees.
- You will be pleased to learn that we are adding a savings plan to our employees' benefits package.
- The company savings plan that we have all been waiting for will go into effect January 1.
- After extended discussion with the board of directors, we are pleased to announce that a cooperative savings plan will be added to our standard benefits package, effective January 1.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- a savings plan for all
- a new company savings plan
- a cooperative savings plan
- a real boost to our benefits program
- after extensive discussion, we are
- are pleased to announce that
- are adding a savings plan
- as announced in our
- as of January 1
- effective January 1
- has been added to our benefits package
- has been given the go-ahead
- in line with the company policy
- the board of directors has approved
- the company savings plan
- we will be going ahead with
- will offer a savings plan to all full-time employees
- will go into effect on
- will participate in
- will be pleased to learn
2 Briefly explain the major benefits of the program.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- Your savings deposit can be conveniently withheld from each check and deposited in the account of your choice. Best of all, the company will match your savings up to 3%.
- The plan lets you save regularly with convenient payroll deductions of up to 17% of your salary. Best of all, the company will match your contribution, up to 3% of your salary.
- You may save up to 17% of your gross income with regular payroll deductions, and the company will add 3% as long as your contribution is at least that much.
- The company will match the amount you save up to 4%. Your own contribution can be as high as 15% of your gross income.
- This is a wonderful way to plan for retirement! Let compounding interest work for you! Payroll savings, plus company contributions of up to 5% each month, can make a big difference in your retirement earnings.
- The plan allows you to have a percentage of your income deducted from your paycheck and placed in a savings plan of your choice, either taxed or tax-sheltered.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- account of your choice
- amount determined as a percentage of
- annuity plan available
- benefits of compound interest
- can be withheld from
- can choose between
- choice of several plans
- convenient payroll deduction
- designed as a retirement plan
- easiest way to save
- match your savings up to
- may set aside up to
- relatively painless way to save
- restrictions on withdrawal
- tax-sheltered investment
- way to plan for retirement
- will match your contribution
- will grow substantially over the years
- will match the amount you save up to
3 Explain how participants can get more information.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- For more information and enrollment forms, call the benefits office at 555-5555, or pick up a brochure at the personnel desk.
- Brochures explaining the plan are available from your division supervisor. If you have any further questions, call or visit the benefits office in building A-2.
- The enclosed "Revised Benefits Plan" booklet explains your options with various interest rates. Please read the booklet before you sign the enrollment forms.
- John Doe will hold meetings in the auditorium at 9:00 a.m. Thursday and 3:00 p.m. Friday to explain the program and answer your questions.
- If you are interested in this program, your supervisor can give you additional information and enrollment forms.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- attend one of the meetings scheduled for
- brochures are available from
- contact the benefits office
- enrollment forms are available from
- enrollment forms are enclosed
- for more information call
- if you have further questions
- if you are interested in this program
- need to enroll for a specific plan
- personnel have all the details
- pick up a brochure at
- plan will take effect on
- please meet in the conference room at
- please be aware that
- read the enclosed booklet
- speak to your supervisor
- the enclosed brochure explains the details
- there are several plans to choose from
- will be holding meetings to explain
- will explain the program
4 Explain what employees must do to participate.
Sample Sentences for Step 4
- If you want to join the plan, you must sign up in the personnel office by September 30.
- To participate, simply fill out the enclosed card and return it to the payroll office.
- It you plan to participate, please fill out the necessary forms at the payroll office by September 30.
- Those who wish to take advantage of this opportunity must sign consent forms and stipulate what percentage should be withheld.
- Enrollment is easy. Drop by the benefits office and get started today.
Sample Phrases for Step 4
- allow three weeks for processing
- by the 15th of the month
- can start at any time
- enroll by November 30, for the following year
- enrollment is easy
- enrollment period extends to
- fill out the necessary forms
- get started as soon as possible
- hope you will take advantage of this
- if you want to join up
- if you want to participate
- if you plan to participate
- need to sign up
- need to fill out an enrollment form
- procedure is simple
- return it to the payroll office
- simply fill out the enclosed
- subscribing to this plan is simple
- the deadline for this year is
- urge you to act as soon as possible