Announce or Introduce a New Salesperson • Example Letters, Plus Guides and Samples
This letter informs a customer that your business contact with him or her is going to be someone new. The letter gives useful information and lets the customer feel valued.
How to write this announcement letter:
- Inform your customer that a new salesperson is joining your business and will be the new contact person.
- Explain why the new salesperson will be of value to the customer. Customize your comments to fit the wants and needs of the customer.
- Tell the customer that you will personally introduce the new salesperson, if practical.
Example Letter #1
Here's some exciting news for you ... and some better news!
John Doe has been your account representative for the last three years. I know you will be very happy to learn that John has been hired by Service Executives, Inc. as their Regional Manager for his outstanding achievements at our company, (name of company).
Of course, John will no longer be able to service your account, but our excellent working relationship with (name of company) will continue uninterrupted.
John and I are pleased to introduce you to Jane Doe, your new account representative. Jane has proven herself as an integral member of our sales group over the last two years. (List her qualifications and achievements.)
Because I want this transition to be seamless for you, I would personally appreciate introducing Jane to you. I will call to arrange a convenient appointment.
Example Letter #2
I think you will be pleased to know that John Doe, formerly of Springfield Technologies, is joining our staff and will be working closely with your accounts. John brings several years of marketing experience in ready-to-wear to this position and is well prepared to meet your specific needs.
I will accompany John on his first visit to make the formal introductions. I am confident you will find him very knowledgeable and responsive. We hope to visit your office next week.
Example Letter #3
We are pleased to welcome John Doe as the newest member of our sales force.
John has raced boats professionally and has worked in both wholesale and retail boat sales. Please come by to meet him at our display at the Springfield Boat Show. We believe you will find his expertise invaluable in making your selections for next year's inventory.
Example Letter #4
It is my pleasure to let you know that our new star, John Doe, is now in charge of your account. John is a twenty-year veteran in workboot design and sales with Springfield Bootworks. Now he has joined forces with us to provide our customers with top-of-the-line boot sales and service. Mr. Doe will accompany me at our next meeting, and thereafter he is all yours! I know you will be delighted with the new ideas and added sales John will bring to your business.
Example Letter #5
MEET JANE DOE!
Educated at City University, Jane has brought her southern charm to the Rolling Hills neighborhood and seasoned it with just enough Yankee know-how to get the job done. She and her husband, John, a local attorney, and their eight-year-old daughter, Anne, are the typical Rolling Hills family, right down to their Cocker Spaniel. John coaches girl's baseball; Anne attends Rolling Hills Elementary School, and Jane, in addition to her commitment to Real Estate, is active in the PTA and Chamber of Commerce.
Jane brings the same dedication to work that she has shown to family and community. That is why she has created so many enduring friendships through real estate. That is why she has consistently earned her profession's highest awards that show not only what she has done for herself but what she can do for you.
When you have real estate questions or needs, look no further than the borders of your neighborhood. Jane Doe is here to help.
Example Letter #6
This letter is to introduce you to Jane Doe, your new sales representative.
Jane is a fine person and a real professional. Jane has had ten years of experience in our industry. She's done it all--production, customer relations, sales.
In fact, I think Jane knows everything about our product, top to bottom. And she'll put that expertise to work for you.
I've asked Jane to contact you next week to set up an appointment to meet you. She has many great ideas and is eager to get to know you.
You can rely on Jane's ability. She will take good care of you.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Inform your customer that a new salesperson is joining your business and will be the new contact person.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- We are very pleased to announce that Jane Doe is joining our sales team and will be serving your area. We feel very fortunate to have someone with her experience take over these responsibilities.
- I am particularly happy to inform you that Mary Johnson, formerly of Doe Realty, is the newest member of our sales team. Mary brings with her a new dimension of understanding that will help us all.
- We feel very fortunate to have John Doe join our sales force in office supplies. We have needed someone with his experience.
- We are proud to announce that John Doe is going to be a member of our sales staff. John brings a wealth of experience, having worked both in research and development, and in quality control.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- are pleased to announce that
- are very pleased to introduce
- feel very fortunate to
- find her to be both knowledgeable and capable
- happy to inform you
- has an excellent background in
- has left us, but
- has much to contribute to
- highly qualified to serve your needs
- his valuable experience
- joining our sales team
- member of our sales staff
- newest member of our sales team
- our newest asset
- pleased to have her on our staff
- pleased with her expertise
- someone with his experience
- to assure a smooth transition
- to announce the appointment of
- wealth of experience in
- will service your account
- will be your new account manager
- will be serving your area
- will be replacing
2 Explain why the new salesperson will be of value to the customer. Customize your comments to fit the wants and needs of the customer.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- She has worked in both manufacturing and sales, so she understands and can anticipate your needs.
- Ms. Johnson has extensive experience in commercial real estate, so she will be the ideal person to serve you in these next months of development.
- Ms. Johnson has worked for several years in the area, and recently graduated from Doe College. She is eager to combine her years of experience with her current knowledge for your benefit. She will be calling on your office soon. I think you will enjoy working with her.
- Mr. Doe has taught desktop publishing and office procedures at the local community college for five years. We have known of his expertise for many months and are delighted that he has consented to join us.
- Much of Ms. Doe's experience has been in the dairy business, so she understands your needs and concerns.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- along with practical experience in
- brings a special dimension to
- delighted that he has agreed to join us
- designs systems to fit your requirements
- eager to work with you
- has a special interest in
- has considerable expertise in
- has worked in both manufacturing and sales
- has extensive experience in
- has worked in this area since
- impressive background in
- increase the efficiency and profitability of your
- much of her experience has been in
- provide lab services and consulting
- recently graduated from
- successful on both sides of the desk
- understands your needs and concerns
- wealth of technical knowledge
- will be the ideal person to serve you
- will enjoy working with him
3 Tell the customer that you will personally introduce the new salesperson, if practical.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- I will personally accompany her to the meeting next week. I think you will enjoy working with her.
- My partner, Robert Johnson, will see that you are properly introduced. He will be able to answer any questions regarding this new association.
- We will call for an appointment for you to get acquainted with her. She is already a fan of your cosmetics.
- I will accompany him on his initial visits. He is eager to get acquainted and to serve your needs.
- John will call on you within the week. If the distance were not so great, I would accompany him on this first visit, but I am sure you will find him competent and congenial. Don't hesitate to call if you have questions or concerns.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- accompany her on her initial visit
- answer any questions you may have
- arrange an appointment with you to
- assure a smooth transition
- call on you within the
- come by to introduce herself on
- don't hesitate to call if
- find her competent and congenial
- if you have any questions or concerns
- introduce her to you on
- look forward to introducing him in person
- on our next sales call
- stop by within the next
- to get acquainted
- will attend next week's meeting with him
- will be working with her for the next
- will accompany her to
- will enjoy working with him
- will be calling for an appointment to
- will contact you within the next