Example Letter #1
We are pleased to accept your bid for the remodeling project at 1600 Main Street. In order to comply with state regulations, we ask that you complete the work within two years.
Enclosed is a contract which explains our expectations. Please read it carefully and discuss its contents with whoever will be supervising your employees' efforts. I will be happy to meet with you to answer any questions you may have.
Please return the signed contract as soon as possible so we can begin work.
Example Letter #2
Thank you for your offer to install new turf and a sprinkler system in my yard at 1600 Main Street. This letter is your authorization to begin the work as outlined in your April 2 bid. We need the job completed by June 1, so we can hold a wedding reception in our back yard. Please call me to confirm the date you will start work and the date it will be completed. We can discuss other details at that time.
Example Letter #3
I hereby authorize you to conduct the efficiency audit of my department's operations according to the terms of your brochure and proposal. I will see to it that all departmental records are available to you from June 1. You will find completed release forms enclosed, along with the $1,000 deposit. We will pay the balance of $1,200 upon completion of your audit, on or before June 14. Please reply by mail or fax. We look forward to seeing your results.
Example Letter #4
Doe Construction has accepted your bid for the plumbing work on the Lincoln County Courthouse, and you can begin your work on or about May 5. Of course, you will need to secure the necessary permits. The enclosed project schedule should give you some idea of when we will need you on site.
I trust that you still have the project blueprints and specifications you used to prepare your bid. If not, call me immediately; otherwise, sign this letter in the space indicated and fax it to me by tomorrow. I look forward to working with you.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
Authorize the reader to do the job. Include all necessary details.
1. Building the new plant, including subcontracting
2. Providing finish work and cleanup The board of directors has authorized funding to proceed with your remodeling project. The stipulations are as follows:
1. that you finish the project at a cost not exceeding $300,000
2. that you obtain the necessary permits
3. that you complete the project no later than March 17 of next year I would like you to install a security system at my home. I agree to your advertised hourly rate and would like you to begin the project no later than April 23, and finish by May 15. I authorize you to work full time on creating an on-line demonstration and tutorial for our product line. We would like you to begin this project immediately and have it finished by August 12, in time for the Trade Show in Springfield September 5. I would like to commission a mural with a Southwestern motif for my restaurant. Although we are still in the construction phase, the area for the mural is complete. You can begin work on it immediately. We plan to open no later than November 1.
Describe any enclosures.
Ask the reader to reply to your letter and close on a positive note.