Sample Letter #1
Last September we purchased one of your five-gallon water distillers from your Springfield distributor, John Doe. We find now that the holding chamber has a leak where the stainless steel sections come together, and it loses water almost as fast as it distills it.
Since John Doe has moved to another state, I turn to you to honor the lifetime guarantee on this unit. I am returning this part of the distiller for a replacement. Enclosed is a copy of the warranty and my registration number. I understand that I incur no costs with this exchange. I appreciate your service.
Sample Letter #2
I have not yet received the refund of $226.98 you promised to send me two weeks ago for the faulty lawn mower. I trust this delay is just an oversight, but I need the refund immediately so I can purchase another machine.
To refresh your memory of the details of my case, I have enclosed copies of my sales receipt and the warranty card. I look forward to receiving the check soon. I need the money by next Monday.
Sample Letter #3
The CV joint you recently installed has gone bad in less than two weeks. Since I travel extensively for my work, I need that joint repaired as soon as possible. Your service manager insisted that next Friday is the earliest he can schedule the work. Given that I waited three weeks last time only to have a bad part installed, I think that scheduling the repair work within the next two days is reasonable. I trust that you will agree. I'll call this afternoon to verify the time. Thank you.
- How to Write a Complaint Letter
- How to Write the Perfect Complaint Letter
- Write Complaint Letters That Get Results
Still can't find the right words for your complaint letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the complaint letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective complaint letter.
- Print your complaint letter and send it!