- Follow Up
- Get Well
- Job Offer
- Social Event
- Thank You
- All Topics
Sample Letter #1
Last Saturday I visited your showroom in Springfield and ordered an oak desk and two matching three-drawer filing cabinets for my study. When I arrived home this evening, I found the furniture had been delivered in my absence, but the filing cabinets were the four-drawer style. Unfortunately, I can use only the three-drawer style because I lack room for anything higher.
I will appreciate having these cabinets picked up and exchanged for the ones I ordered as soon as possible. Please call to arrange a time when I will be home. I trust this matter can be resolved very quickly, so I can get my files organized soon.
Sample Letter #2
On March 17 I ordered a box of letterhead stationery for our central office in Springfield. We received your shipment within one week, but the letterhead carried another firm's address.
I am returning the stationery under separate cover, with the needed correction noted. I will appreciate your sending me the correct stationery as soon as possible. Also, I trust you will credit my account with $4.86, the cost of returning the stationery.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Sample Letter #3
I received my order of Doe Tulips yesterday. Unfortunately, they looked as though they had been dropped many times and run over at least once. Further, we ordered six dozen. We received only four dozen. Since these tulips would need a miracle to grow, I would appreciate it if you could send me six dozen more of the same tulips. Unless you require me to return them, I will throw the first order in the garbage. I appreciate your guarantee of satisfaction.
- How to Write a Complaint Letter
- How to Write the Perfect Complaint Letter
- Write Complaint Letters That Get Results
Still can't find the right words for your complaint letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the complaint letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective complaint letter.
- Print your complaint letter and send it!