Example Letter #1
Your promotion and new assignment has been confirmed. As of January 1, you will be District Sales Manager of the entire Kansas area.
I am pleased to inform you also that your request for reimbursement of moving expenses has been approved. Please submit your receipts as soon as possible and the Company will reimburse your moving costs up to $8,000.00.
Doe International welcomes you aboard its management team and wishes you continued success in this new position.
Example Letter #2
This letter is to confirm your request for a transfer from our housewares department to women's clothing.
As we discussed in our meeting, you are scheduled for sales training at 8 a.m. on January 15. The department head has been informed that you will report to her immediately after the two-hour training session.
Example Letter #3
As we discussed on the telephone yesterday, your transfer has been approved. Starting on July 1, 2018, you will be assigned to the systems development department at your present level.
Jane Doe, who is department administrative assistant, will be available to help you get settled in your new work station.
Example Letter #4
We were very pleased to hear that personnel gave final approval for your promotion to unit supervisor. You will join the new unit on July 9, 2019. Please see Jane Doe in personnel to fill out the requisite payroll forms, and pick up a unit orientation packet from the unit secretary. Congratulations on your new position.
This letter is written confirmation of something with which your reader is already familiar. Provide only minimal instructions and information.
1 Confirm the transfer, promotion, or relocation.
- Your transfer from Research and Development to Marketing has been approved and confirmed.
- This letter is to confirm your promotion to assistant manager.
- Your relocation to Springfield has been confirmed.
- This letter is to confirm our conversation of July 3, in which we decided that you would relocate to our Springfield office.
- This letter is to confirm your promotion to station chief, as well as to confirm your transfer to our office in Springfield.
- appreciate your willingness to
- are pleased to confirm
- as was mentioned
- as we discussed
- extend a warm greeting to
- extends congratulations on
- following up on our
- has been approved
- has been confirmed
- has been promoted to
- once again, congratulations on
- pleased to have you along
- this letter is to confirm
- to our office in
- to confirm and clarify
- to confirm your transfer to
- to confirm our conversation
- your relocation to
- your promotion to
- your transfer from
2 Mention when the change will become effective.
- Your relocation to our Springfield office becomes effective on July 7.
- Your reassignment becomes effective on Monday, April 4.
- We expect you to begin work in your new office on July 7.
- This change will become effective next Monday, June 6.
- The marketing team in Springfield is looking forward to you joining them, starting July 7.
- are looking forward to
- as soon as possible
- as soon as you arrive
- at the end of
- becomes effective on
- before the beginning of
- by the end of
- effective immediately
- expected that
- join them on
- no later than
- not until after
- preferably before
- to be in your new office on
- will take effect on
- will start on
- will have ample time to
- will become effective on
- with the arrival of
- within thirty days
- without delay
3 Mention any other pertinent information or instructions.
- Congratulations on your promotion.
- Be sure to see John in payroll to fill out a new withholding form.
- Make sure that you see Jane in Human Services to get a copy of our company's help video on foreign relocations.
- Since Jane's old office has become available, feel free to move your things there.
- Please see Jane Doe early Monday morning before you start your new assignment. She would like to meet you and has some materials to give you.
- be sure to see
- before you start
- can put you in touch with
- feel free to
- for the necessary training
- for orientation on
- get in touch with
- if you have any questions
- make sure that you see
- on the particulars
- please meet with
- please arrange to
- please report to
- please consult with
- set up an appointment with
- the enclosed materials
- unless we hear otherwise
- will give you additional details
- will fill you in
- will receive training on
- will answer any questions you may have
- will make an appointment
- would like you to meet with her
- would like to meet you