Confirm a Reservation or Registration (Traveler's Letter) • Example Letters, Plus Guides and Samples
Hotel reservations are usually confirmed by phone; however, in the case of a reservation abroad, or one that requires complex instructions, it is wise to request written confirmation. Repeat the details of the agreement so your reader can respond to any misunderstandings that may have arisen. Clarify or amend the terms of your agreement, if necessary.
How to write this confirmation letter:
- Review the details of your agreement that were worked out during previous communication. Mention specific dates, times, and prices.
- Ask for confirmation.
- Mention any minor changes or special instructions.
- Close with a positive comment or thank you (optional).
Example Letter #1
As per our phone conversation of October 5, enclosed is a money order for $100.00. This amount guarantees my reservation for two adults aboard your Caribbean Spectacular Cruise leaving Miami on December 24, and returning January 4, 2019.
The total cost for this trip comes to $1,000.00, and I understand that I must pay the balance of $900.00 no later than November 30.
I understand also that my $100.00 deposit is refundable in full if you receive a written request of cancellation no later than November 30.
Example Letter #2
As per instructions from the reservations operator at your Island resort, I enclose my personal check #555 to cover full payment of reservation confirmation #123. This reserves two adjoining rooms with the modified American dining plan for my family of four.
We will arrive on December 22, at 10 a.m. and request limousine service from the airport to the resort. Please let me know if this request for transport is sufficient or if I must call the resort upon arrival.
Example Letter #3
Several weeks ago, I registered by phone for the annual Lincoln County Mental Health Association conference. At that time, I also asked that you register me in the behavior therapy workshop. Both the registration fee of $50.00 and the behavior therapy workshop fee of $75.00 were to be charged to my VISA card #555 5555 5555.
During our conversation, I was told that the Association would forward written confirmation guaranteeing my space, but as of this date, I have not received any word.
Before I continue with my plans, I would appreciate receiving confirmation of my registration either by return letter or by fax as soon as possible. My fax number is 555-5555.
Example Letter #4
This letter is to confirm my registration at the Springfield History Association's annual convention on January 25, 2019. I have enclosed my check for $250.00, as you requested. I remind you that I have yet to receive my information packet. As the day of the convention is rapidly approaching, could you please express mail the packet and confirmation of my registration to the address above? I appreciate your help and look forward to attending the convention.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Review the details of your agreement that were worked out during previous communication. Mention specific dates, times, and prices.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- This letter and the accompanying check for $50 are to confirm and guarantee our reservation of the Council Hall from 8:00 a.m. on Friday, June 4, to 12:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 6, for the County Egg Judgers' Convention.
- Pursuant to our telephone conversation on Friday, I am enclosing a money order in the amount of $375 to reserve a cottage at the Springfield Meadows Resort for the night of June 8.
- Several weeks ago, I sent you my preregistration fee of $30 for my attendance at the County Egg Judgers' Convention. As of yet, I have not received my packet nor a confirmation that you have received my check.
- Yesterday I spoke on the phone with a representative from your agency about reservations for two on the $2,200 Caribbean Spectacular Cruise, which is to leave on May 12.
- As per our telephone conversation, I am very pleased that you will be able to accommodate us in July. As we discussed, we would like to stay in the "loft room, rather than the kitchen room" for the nights of July 7-9, and plan to leave on July 10. We understand that the price will be 60 pounds per night. Enclosed is a check for the first night.
- On October 23, you should have received a fax requesting reservations at your resort for November 4 and 5.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- as agreed on the phone
- as we discussed
- at a cost of
- called you on
- enclosed is a check for
- for the nights of
- have enclosed a money order
- have not yet received
- in the amount of
- our request for
- our telephone conversation of
- pursuant to our telephone conversation
- sent you my preregistration fee
- should have received
- the price we agreed on was
- the reservations I made on
- the accompanying check for
- to confirm and guarantee
- to reserve a room at
- to make reservations
- wish to register
- wish to confirm that
- would like to stay in
2 Ask for confirmation.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- Please confirm the following information by fax or letter: a bungalow at the Springfield Lodge is reserved under the name of John Doe for June 7.
- Please send me written confirmation of this reservation as I have described it here.
- Please send me a receipt for my registration fee, a conference packet, and a letter confirming my preregistration. I need this documentation to receive travel authorization.
- Please fax or mail me a confirmation of this reservation.
- Please send written confirmation of our reservations for the cruise leaving on May 5.
- Please confirm a reservation for Doe Incorporated for a conference room in the Springfield Suites Hotel for Thursday, October 3, from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Please confirm our reservation by June 1, or we will have to seek other accommodations.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- a letter confirming my
- as soon as possible
- as I have described it
- by fax or by letter
- confirm the following
- fax or mail me
- for my registration fee
- kindly confirm that
- must receive confirmation by
- need a receipt for
- of this reservation
- please confirm my reservations
- please send me written confirmation
- request that you confirm
- send us confirmation of
- send a confirmation number
- under the name of
- will be able to accommodate us
- will be leaving on
- would appreciate receiving
3 Mention any minor changes or special instructions.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- I will check in at 4:00 p.m. on Friday, June 16.
- As we agreed, there will be seating for 350 people, and the tables will be set out in five rows perpendicular to the podium.
- I have told the caterers that they will have access to the Council Hall at 4:30 on Sunday to begin setting up for the banquet.
- Please bill my advance reservation fee to Doe Associates' account with your resort.
- If possible, we would like to have the Avocado Room. In the past, the Kumquat Room has been too cold.
- I have just learned that my flight schedule has been altered. I will arrive earlier than we previously discussed and would like to check in at 7:00 a.m., if possible. Please indicate on your confirmation letter if this is possible.
- Please fax us our confirmation since we have so little time left before the conference. Our fax number is 1-555-555-5555.
- Could you please sign this letter in the space provided and return it so I will know that we have agreed to the same terms?
- If you have any questions, please contact me immediately at 555-5555.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- as was previously discussed
- have just learned that
- if you have any questions
- if my plans change unexpectedly
- if this is possible
- if you are unable to
- if at all possible
- in the space provided
- in our reservations
- it is my understanding that
- note the following
- plans have changed
- please note the change in
- the following special needs
- to begin setting up for
- will you be able to provide
- will need access to
- will need to make arrangements for
- will need to accommodate
- will notify you within
4 Close with a positive comment or thank you (optional).
Sample Sentences for Step 4
- It is always a pleasure doing business with you.
- We look forward to our stay at your hotel.
- Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
- Thank you for your help. My husband and I look forward to revisiting your resort.
- Thank you for your polite assistance in ironing out this complex reservation.
- Thank you again for your assistance.
Sample Phrases for Step 4
- always a pleasure to
- are looking forward to
- coming back to your
- doing business with you
- done us a great service
- for your prompt attention to
- for your assistance
- greatly appreciate
- look forward to
- thank you for
- thank you