Confirm Travel Arrangements (Arranger's Letter) • Example Letters, Guides and Samples
In confirming another's travel arrangements, help that person by providing specific details of the travel plans, and by giving assurance that he or she can turn to you for help, if plans change or go awry. Your letter should be brief and businesslike, yet may also be friendly and personal.
How to write this confirmation letter:
- Confirm your reader's specific travel plans. Give the details of how your reader will travel, where, and for how long your reader will be accommodated, and who will meet him or her at the airport, if applicable.
- Give any other special instructions that will be necessary or useful for your reader to know.
- End on a positive note and offer further assistance.
Example Letter #1
As per our phone conversation today, we have made plane and hotel arrangements for you for your trip to our plant. You are booked on Sky Airways flight #123, leaving Springfield at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, January 15, 2019. Arrival time is 9:15 a.m. Your return flight has been left open, as you requested. Tickets are being mailed to you directly from the airline.
Reservations have been made for you at the Logan Center Hotel for January 15 and January 16, 2019. The hotel has an excellent airport shuttle service though you may prefer to rent a car.
I look forward to meeting you.
Example Letter #2
I am happy to report success in booking you on a direct flight for your visit during Homecoming Week. Enclosed are airline tickets for Doe Airlines flight #123, Springfield to Middleton on October 30, with return to Springfield on November 2. Also enclosed are complimentary tickets for the football game on Saturday afternoon and for the banquet that evening.
We have been looking forward to your visit with great anticipation and hope you can join us for breakfast Sunday morning. Please call on me if there is anything else I can do to make your visit a pleasant one.
Example Letter #3
This is to confirm room reservations at the Springfield Hotel for your group of six during your visit here on July 4th. As you requested, we have reserved three double rooms to be billed to your company at the corporate rate of $98.00 per room. The hotel provides free hot tea, coffee and juices in its lobby from 6:00 to l0:00 a.m. Parking space is available in the hotel underground garage at no additional charge.
The ground breaking ceremony for the new Doe shopping mall begins at noon, so we should all be in our places by 11:45 a.m. The Mayor will ask members from your group to join him as he unveils the model of your company's design.
I hope to see you at the ceremony. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to call me at 555-5555 if I can help you in any way.
Example Letter #4
This is to confirm the arrangements we discussed over the phone today. Enclosed are your airline tickets for the Springfield Airlines, flight number 123, leaving Springfield at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 2, 2019, arriving in Centerville at 5:45 p.m. Jane Doe will meet you at the airport. She will be wearing a blue name tag. As you requested, I left the return flight open to allow you some flexibility in your stay in Centerville.
I reserved a room with a king-size bed at the Springfield Hotel for three nights. I'm sorry, but there were no rooms available with a mountain view. I assure you, however, that the view is spectacular from any window in the hotel. The hotel has ten lighted tennis courts, so be sure to bring your racket.
I hope these arrangements meet with your approval. If you need anything else, please call me at 555-5555. I look forward to your arrival.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Confirm your reader's specific travel plans. Give the details of how your reader will travel, where, and for how long your reader will be accommodated, and who will meet him or her at the airport, if applicable.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- As agreed during our conversation on Friday, we have made the travel plans for your visit to our plant in Springfield. I have enclosed airline tickets for the 3:15 p.m. Springfield Airways flight from Centerville to Springfield on July 9. Your flight number is 123.
- Feel free to rent a car using the account number we gave you.
- From the airport, you can take a shuttle bus directly to the Springfield Suites Hotel.
- I will be at the gate to meet you and take you to the Springfield Suites Hotel. John and I would like to take you out to dinner after you get checked in.
- You have reservations at the Springfield Inn for March 1 through 6.
- Jane Doe, who will be wearing a name tag, will meet you in the lobby of the Springfield Inn with your room key. She will assist you with anything you might need.
- Enclosed is a detailed itinerary for your vacation. Please note that you will fly on Springfield Air flight 123 to New York on March 15, and will continue on to London on flight 345 two days later on March 17. This arrangement allows you the stopover you requested.
- Please look over the attached itinerary carefully. We have booked you onto direct flight to Los Angeles, as you requested, but coming back you will need to change planes in Springfield, Kansas.
- We can meet in the lobby of your hotel at 9:00 a.m. Then I will take you to see the plant. John and Jane will be there and are looking forward to meeting you.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- after you get checked in
- as we agreed on
- can take a shuttle
- directly to the
- expect to arrive at about
- have enclosed airline tickets for
- have enclosed an itinerary
- have reservations at
- may be easiest to
- pick up your tickets at
- to pick you up from
- use of a rental car
- when you leave from
- when you arrive at
- which departs from
- will be able to assist you
- will be at the gate
- will meet you at
- will accept no cancellations
- with anything you might need
- with your room key
- your flight number is
2 Give any other special instructions that will be necessary or useful for your reader to know.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- Springfield has an excellent bus service, but you may prefer to use a taxi.
- Remember, when arriving in Puerto Rico you are still in the United States, and you will not have to pass through customs.
- We will have dinner at 7:00 p.m. and would like you to join us.
- Please note that your return ticket has no specified return date. This way you may stay a few extra days, if you wish.
- Please be sure to bring your security card. We have no way of making you a duplicate one here.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- accommodations are available
- alert you to
- are more than welcome to
- ask that you read
- aware of the
- basic rate includes
- be sure to ask
- be sure to bring your
- call us if
- don't forget your
- for a small extra charge
- for a special tour of
- give me a call
- in case of any difficulty
- is advisable to
- out-of-pocket expenses
- pass through customs
- please note that
- remember when arriving in
- should allow for
- will be available to
3 End on a positive note and offer further assistance.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- We are happy to assist you and hope you will enjoy your trip.
- Please call me at 555-5555 if you have any questions. If you have any difficulty at the airport, please call me at home at 555-5556.
- We look forward to meeting you and working together on the Doe contract.
- We look forward to giving you the grand tour of our facilities.
- Jane's number is 555-5555. Please don't hesitate to call her if you need assistance with your travel plans.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- are pleased that you
- don't hesitate to call
- feel free to call me if
- happy to arrange your
- help with your travel plans
- if this conflicts with
- if you need any
- if we can help you
- if you have any questions
- if you encounter any difficulties
- if you must cancel
- if you need assistance
- it has been a pleasure to
- let me know if
- thank you for
- will call you to
- will be very happy to
- will go smoothly for
- working together on
- would be glad to