Confirm Travel Arrangements (Traveler's Letter) • Example Letters and Guides
This letter is to confirm travel arrangements for you or the person for whom you are writing. Be specific with the details. Your letter should be brief and businesslike.
How to write this confirmation letter:
- Confirm the details of your travel plans, including any instructions that you may have received.
- Mention any other special circumstances and close with a positive comment.
Example Letter #1
This is to confirm my travel plans to Kansas and to thank you for offering to have your assistant, John, meet me at the airport and drive me to your office.
I will arrive at the Springfield Airport on August 8, at 9 a.m. on Springfield Airlines, flight #123. Please ask John to meet me at the gate. I will have only carry-on luggage, so we will probably arrive at your building within an hour after arrival.
I look forward to working with you on this new project.
Example Letter #2
This will be my last correspondence before our trip. Our party of three will arrive on Doe Airlines, flight 1234 from Springfield, at 8:05 p.m. We have reservations at the local Doe Inn, and appreciate your willingness to provide us with transportation. Each of us has one suitcase, golf clubs, and a carry-on bag.
We are looking forward to a productive meeting combined with some vacation time on the golf course.
Example Letter #3
I am writing to confirm the arrival time and pickup of Ms. Doe at Springfield International airport. Ms. Doe will arrive on Springfield Air flight 123 at 3:20 p.m. on Tuesday December 1. Per our arrangements she is expecting to be met by a representative of your company and driven to your downtown offices. Ms. Doe is looking forward to meeting the new sales team and to spending some time in the sun.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Confirm the details of your travel plans, including any instructions that you may have received.
Sentences for Step 1
- The purpose of this letter is to confirm my intention to visit your plant in Springfield and to let you know that the airline ticket you sent me has arrived.
- Just to make sure that I have the correct information on my travel arrangements, let me review the information I received. The ticket indicates an arrival time of 9:00 p.m. on Friday, March 7, 2019, and your secretary's note says I will be staying in the Springfield Hotel until Tuesday.
- Thank you for the rental car offer; I think I will take you up on it.
- Thank you for the rental car offer, but I am sure I can manage without one.
- As you suggested, I will meet you at the gate and ride with you to the Springfield Hotel. I will be very happy to join you and John for dinner.
- I will plan on meeting Jane in the lobby of the hotel at 9:00 a.m. on Monday. I am looking forward to seeing the plant and meeting the staff.
Phrases for Step 1
- a breakdown of expected
- am planning to
- expect to arrive at
- just to make sure that
- let me know whether
- let me review the information
- looking forward to
- plus accommodations for
- pursuant to our telephone conversation
- the ticket indicates that
- the price will include
- to confirm my intention to
- to let you know that
- use of a rental car
- will be met by
- will it be possible to
- will plan on using
- wish to confirm that
- would be delighted to
- would appreciate receiving
- would like some information on
2 Mention any other special circumstances and close with a positive comment.
Sentences for Step 2
- Please remember that I use a rather bulky wheelchair. It collapses, but I have had problems fitting it in the trunk of very small cars. Things should work out fine if John comes to get me in a mid-sized or larger car.
- I will bring my son, John, with me. I trust he will be no problem.
- It sounds as if everything is in order and should flow smoothly.
- Thank you again for your gracious invitation and for the tip about taxi fares.
- I look forward to meeting you and working together on the Doe contract.
- We are looking forward to taking a full tour of your facilities.
Phrases for Step 2
- am looking forward to
- arrange things so that
- for taking care of
- for the tip about
- for all your help
- have had problems with
- have been so helpful
- how much I appreciate
- need to allow for
- should be aware that
- thank you for
- thank you so much for
- things should work out well
- want you to know
- will all go smoothly
- will need to arrange for
- will need assistance with
- would appreciate your help with
- would it be possible to