Congratulate an Employee on the Anniversary of His or Her Service • Example Letters, Plus Guides and Samples
Don't be excessively effusive in your praise, since this kind of language usually seems phony, nor should you overstep the bounds of decorum by using more familiar language than your relationship warrants.
How to write this congratulation letter:
- Start with a direct statement of congratulations on the anniversary.
- Acknowledge such things as the employee's effort, dedication, energy, sacrifice, and skill, citing specific details, cases, or examples.
- Mention the gift, if you are giving one.
- Express anticipation for future successes.
Example Letter #1
We extend our best wishes to you on your fifteenth anniversary of service with the Doe Corporation. Throughout the years we have enjoyed your dedication and enthusiasm for your job.
To show our appreciation for your hard work, we invite you and your wife to attend the Doe Corporation's annual awards banquet next month. You will receive your complimentary tickets in the mail.
We wish you continued success for many years to come.
Example Letter #2
Congratulations! This month marks your tenth year with the Doe Corporation. During the time you have worked with us, you have significantly contributed to our department's success, particularly in the area of sales where you have always been a leader that others could follow. We thank you for your enduring loyalty and diligence.
Enclosed is a gift certificate to help you celebrate this wonderful occasion. We wish you happiness and success now and always.
Example Letter #3
You have been a model employee for twenty years now. You are one of my few original employees and have certainly become an asset to this company. I appreciate the selfless service you've given for so many years. Without the loyalty and hard work of experts like you who helped us get things started, we could never have achieved our present stature. I hope the gift I sent will reflect the high esteem I have for you.
May you enjoy the fruits of your labors for years to come.
Example Letter #4
Today is the twelfth anniversary of your employment with Doe Contractors. Congratulations!
In those years we have grown from a fledgling odd-job subcontractor to the most successful general contracting operation in Springfield. Your loyalty, reliability, and top-drawer work have only helped us in our growth. I can't help but remember the Centerville job, when you worked 18-hour days through the weekend to meet John's revised schedule.
I have included a modest bonus check in the hope that it will show you our appreciation for your years of fine work. If the next twelve years turn out anything like the last, we will all be very happy indeed!
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Start with a direct statement of congratulations on the anniversary.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- Doe Corporation congratulates you on your fifth anniversary of service and expresses appreciation for your contributions to our world-wide marketing effort.
- Congratulations! This week marks your tenth year with Doe, and we want you to know how much we appreciate you.
- I want to congratulate you on the completion of your twentieth year with Doe Corporation.
- Congratulations on the twenty-fifth anniversary of your employment with Doe Corporation.
- This week we celebrate your fifteenth year with the company, and we want to congratulate you on reaching this milestone.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- anniversary number
- celebrate your loyalty to
- Congratulations! Today marks your
- extend my best wishes to you
- is a proud day for
- many years of
- marks your anniversary
- occasion of great significance
- offer our congratulations on
- on this anniversary of your
- on this anniversary
- on behalf of the company
- on your anniversary
- on the completion of
- on reaching this milestone
- over the years
- please accept my sincere congratulations
- the anniversary of
- this week marks your
- time has flown by
- want to congratulate you
- want you to know
- want to congratulate you on
- with the company
- your anniversary with
2 Acknowledge such things as the employee's effort, dedication, energy, sacrifice, and skill, citing specific details, cases, or examples.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- We appreciate your many years of dedicated service with the company, and we recognize your contribution to the development of the accounting division.
- I hope you know how much we appreciate your work and good influence in the office. Your co-workers frequently mention your wisdom and sound judgment.
- I think the company has been successful largely because we value our long-term employees, and we listen to your comments and suggestions.
- Your quick and decisive action during last year's labor dispute saved the company thousands of dollars.
- Your work over the past twenty years in the company's Chicago, New York, and Dallas offices is legendary.
- Your skill and workmanship have significantly contributed to the company's reputation as a leader in the industry. For this, we are grateful to you.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- a job well done
- a highly valued employee
- always appreciate your
- are grateful to you for
- been an asset to us over the years
- certainly appreciate your
- deserve recognition for
- express our appreciation for
- have contributed significantly to
- hope you are aware of
- how much we appreciate your
- invaluable asset to
- is always a pleasure to
- like to take the opportunity to
- recognize your contribution to
- record to be proud of
- should certainly be proud of
- thank you for
- the service you have given
- value your contribution to
- your many years of dedicated service
- your work over the past
- your attitude towards
- your dedication to
- your wisdom and sound judgment
- your outstanding loyalty to
- your many contributions to
- your hard work
- your tireless efforts
- your many accomplishments
3 Mention the gift, if you are giving one.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- As a small token of our appreciation, we will be presenting you with a gift at the company banquet next week. We hope you and your wife can join us at 7:00 p.m.
- To express our appreciation, we would like to present you with a gift.
- The enclosed gift certificate is our way of saying "thank you" for the service you perform for the company.
- We hope you will enjoy the department's gift.
- I have sent a little something to help you celebrate the occasion.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- a simple gift to thank you for
- a service award
- as a token of our appreciation
- enclosed gift certificate
- for the service you perform
- from the whole department
- have sent you a little something
- heartfelt gift to a valued employee
- hope you can join us
- hope you enjoy the
- just a small gift to
- on behalf of the company
- our way of saying thank you
- please accept this gift
- small token of our appreciation
- the small size of the enclosed gift
- the high regard we have for you
- the high esteem we have for you
- to help celebrate the occasion
- to honor your achievement
- to express our appreciation
- to help us express our appreciation
- will be presented with
- will be presenting you with
4 Express anticipation for future successes.
Sample Sentences for Step 4
- I look forward to many more years of close association with you.
- I hope you will be with us for years to come.
- I hope you know that my door is always open to you, and I will do whatever I can to keep you happy and excited about working at Doe Corporation.
- Best wishes in your future endeavors in the company. You have our full and complete confidence.
- We have come to depend on you to lead our marketing efforts. You will be sorely missed when you retire next year.
Sample Phrases for Step 4
- an important part of the company
- anticipate a great future
- best wishes for
- close association with you
- depend on you for
- do whatever we can to
- for many more years
- for your years of dedicated service
- enjoy working with you
- here's to many more years
- hope you will be with us
- in the years to come
- look forward to
- many more rewarding years with us
- thank you for
- through the years to come
- to working with you for many more years
- to a long association in the future
- to your future successes
- to your future accomplishments
- want you to know
- with a great deal of satisfaction