Congratulate Someone on Winning a Contract • Example Letters, Plus Guides and Samples
Persons who do the work of preparing proposals and bid packages are essential to the success of many businesses. Recognizing them for their efforts and successes goes a long way toward helping them maintain high morale and enthusiasm. It helps anyone who succeeds in this endeavor.
How to write this congratulation letter:
- Start with a direct statement of congratulations, identifying the success achieved.
- Acknowledge the effort, dedication, energy, sacrifice, or skill necessary for the achievement and express appreciation.
- Express your wishes for future successes.
Example Letter #1
You did a marvelous job on the Doe account. Even when everyone else lost faith, you pushed it through. We definitely owe this success to you. Please accept the enclosed bonus as our way of saying thank you.
You have tremendous talent and potential, and I am confident in your ability to repeat this success when we bid for our next account.
Example Letter #2
Thank you for securing the Doe contract. I know how hard you worked to make your presentation perfect, and you deserve both our thanks and our congratulations. We are very pleased that we have you on our team.
I hope you view this success not only as a part of your job, but also as the personal victory that it is. Keep up the good work!
Example Letter #3
Congratulations! You did it again.
Your presentation on Monday was everything I hoped it would be. The Doe representatives must have been impressed, too, because they called this morning to make arrangements to close a very profitable contract with us.
I feel I must tell you how much I appreciate the outstanding work you have contributed to our company, and I want to give you my personal best wishes for success in the future. We are happy that you are part of our team.
Example Letter #4
Excellent work securing the Springfield Hall remodeling contract! This job will surely give Doe Construction a name in this city.
We were up against some pretty big competition, but the bid you put together is both attractive and doable. The real key was your skill as a negotiator. We reward our stars, so expect a tidy bonus appended to your next paycheck as our way of saying thanks!
Let's hope this successful trend continues.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Start with a direct statement of congratulations, identifying the success achieved.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- Congratulations on winning the Doe contract.
- Congratulations are certainly in order for your outstanding work on the Doe contract. Good job!
- You did it! Your perseverance paid off. Congratulations on getting the Doe job.
- Your presentation yesterday was just right! Doe has given us a letter of intent, and he will be signing a contract as soon as we have it ready. I think congratulations are in order.
- Way to go!
- Good job on the Doe contract!
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- a hearty pat on the back
- a commendable job
- congratulations on
- congratulations are in order
- congratulations are certainly in order for
- deserve the credit for
- did a great job
- for your outstanding work on
- for securing the contract
- have done it again
- on winning the Doe contract
- on your excellent work
- presentation was just right
- salute you for
- thank you for
- want you to know
- was delighted to hear
- was most impressive
- was very impressed with
- your outstandingly successful
2 Acknowledge the effort, dedication, energy, sacrifice, or skill necessary for the achievement and express appreciation.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- I know how difficult these negotiations can be, and I appreciate your patience and skill.
- These contracts are essential to our survival as a company, and you have the thanks and appreciation of everyone who works at Doe Corporation.
- I think your relentless attention to detail produced such a thorough proposal that the evaluators just couldn't say no.
- I was impressed with the quality of your work and with your energy and dedication in pursuing the contract--even when it looked hopeless.
- We appreciate your dedicated service with the company, and we recognize your outstanding contribution.
- I hope you know how much we appreciate your good work. Your co-workers frequently mention your wisdom and sound judgment.
- I think the company has been successful largely because we have people like you on the team.
- Your quick and decisive action will clearly produce many long-term benefits for the company.
- We value your contributions to the company.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- am particularly impressed with
- are being recognized for
- competition was tough
- essential to our survival
- even when it looked hopeless
- excellent track record
- have significantly contributed to
- have our thanks and appreciation
- hope you know
- how much we appreciate
- how much we value
- in pursuing the contract
- know how difficult it is
- launch the project
- many long-term benefits for
- people like you on the team
- success of the company depends on
- the part you played in
- value your contributions
- with the quality of your work
- your quick and decisive action
- your patience and skill
- your skill and workmanship
- your dedicated service
- your energy and dedication
- your outstanding contribution to
3 Express your wishes for future successes.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- Please know that my door is always open to you. You have a bright future with Doe Corporation.
- Best wishes in your future endeavors in the company. We are confident that you will continue to do well.
- We look forward to many more successful ventures with your help.
- Keep up the good work!
- Best of luck in your future contract negotiations.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- a very auspicious beginning
- a preview of things to come
- are a great asset to
- are confident that
- best of luck with your
- best wishes for your
- door is always open to
- even more positive things to follow
- have a bright future at
- how highly valued you are
- keep up the good work
- many similar successes will
- onward and upward
- to help you continue to
- want you to know that
- will continue to
- will do whatever I can to
- your many contributions to
- your future contract negotiations
- your future endeavors in the company