Congratulate Someone on the Opening of a New Business, Store, or Office • Example Letters and Guides
Use this letter to establish a friendly, cooperative relationship with new businesses, to invite participation in an association, to identify current issues of concern to business people in the area, or to offer whatever specific assistance you are prepared to give. It may also provide you with a sales opportunity. Also, see Welcome Letters.
How to write this congratulation letter:
- Start with a direct and enthusiastic statement of congratulations.
- Introduce yourself and your business, if appropriate.
- Invite participation in an association, identify current issues of concern to business people in the area, or offer whatever specific assistance you are prepared to give. Present a low-key sales pitch, if appropriate.
- Express hope for future cooperation and good relations among neighbors.
Example Letter #1
Congratulations on your new store! We are pleased that you have chosen our developing area for your second store and are confident you will find success here. In the past, residents have had to travel long distances to buy groceries, so your addition to the area is very welcome.
Our own paper goods business is located at 1600 Main Street, just north of you. We would like to participate in your grand opening by donating printed flyers. Our representative will call to get specific information.
Example Letter #2
Congratulations on opening your second store in Springfield. This accomplishment says a lot about customer satisfaction and the quality of your products and service.
The members of the local chamber of commerce have observed your success and hope that you will become an active member of our organization. As president, I would like to invite you to a meeting this Tuesday evening at 7:00 p.m. in the Springfield Chamber of Commerce building. Each month we meet for one hour to discuss current issues of concern to local business owners. We look forward to getting better acquainted and working together to foster a healthy business climate in Springfield.
Example Letter #3
Congratulations on your new location in Springfield Office Park. We share a bright future here. I am John Doe, owner of Doe Performance. I also head up the Office Park newsletter, a forum for the owners and employees here to share insights and news. I'd like to run a brief profile introducing you and your business to all of the businesses in the neighborhood. The better we know one another as businesses, the more success we'll enjoy as a community!
Example Letter #4
Congratulations on starting your new venture. You have chosen an excellent location and I am sure you will do well here. My company, Doe Enterprises, has been here for several years. If I can help you in any way as you get settled in, I would be very happy to do so. Please feel free to call me at 555-5555. My best wishes for your continued success.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Start with a direct and enthusiastic statement of congratulations.
Sentences for Step 1
- Congratulations on the opening of your new store.
- Congratulations! This is a wonderful place to do business, and I know you will do well here.
- We hope you will find this neighborhood just as friendly and profitable as we have.
- Congratulations! I am delighted to hear that you finally took the plunge and started your own business. I know you will do well, and will send you as many referrals as I can.
- We are always glad to see new businesses move in. It is a sign that the area is growing and business is good.
- Congratulations, and welcome to the new building!
Phrases for Step 1
- a fine company like yours
- a wonderful place to
- am pleased to welcome
- are opening a second
- are always glad to
- are delighted to
- best wishes for success
- best of luck with
- congratulations on
- find this neighborhood to be
- glad to welcome you
- happy to welcome you
- happy to see a
- heard about your new
- in this new enterprise
- know you will do well here
- moving into this area
- on your new venture
- on the expansion of your
- on the opening of your new
- our sincerest congratulations on
- started your own business
- taking the big step
- the opening of your new
- the area is growing
- to see new businesses
- welcome to the neighborhood
- will be a huge success
- your new operation
2 Introduce yourself and your business, if appropriate.
Sentences for Step 2
- I am your business neighbor to the north, Doe's Used Cars.
- Doe Supply has been doing business in this area for 15 years, and we have grown with the neighborhood.
- No doubt you have already met some of your other business neighbors, and I, too, would like to introduce myself. I am John Doe, owner of Doe Construction.
- Let me introduce myself. My name is John Doe, owner of Springfield Hardware, just down the street.
- Since I am your new neighbor just above you on the second floor, we should get acquainted.
Phrases for Step 2
- am your new neighbor
- am the owner of
- are located at
- are glad to welcome you
- for the past few years
- have been doing business
- just down the street
- let me introduce
- my business is
- my name is
- should get acquainted
- to introduce myself
- to give you some contacts
- to take this opportunity to
- want to let you know
- will be neighbors
- will come over to
- would like to
- would be happy to
- your business neighbor
3 Invite participation in an association, identify current issues of concern to business people in the area, or offer whatever specific assistance you are prepared to give. Present a low-key sales pitch, if appropriate.
Sentences for Step 3
- I would like to invite you to participate in the local businessmen's association. We sponsor a luncheon on the third Wednesday of each month, during which invited guests talk about issues and concerns of importance to all of us.
- This is an excellent location, but there are several issues currently facing merchants in this area that can have a great economic impact on all of us if they are not managed properly.
- If I can help you in any way, please let me know.
- One of the reasons the business climate in the area is so productive is that we work hard to keep it that way. We have been active in getting laws and ordinances passed to control crime, vandalism, and panhandling in the downtown area.
- If you should need supplies, my staff will be happy serve you and we can deliver most orders within an hour.
- This is a wonderful part of town, but there are several issues which may adversely affect our neighborhood if we don't take united action. We will keep you posted on these.
- I hope to see you at our neighborhood association meetings.
Phrases for Step 3
- can have a great economic impact
- have been active in
- hope you will consider joining
- hope to see you
- if I can help you in any way
- in getting ordinances passed
- is a wonderful part of town
- is an excellent location
- issues which may adversely affect
- issues currently facing merchants
- look forward to working with you
- members of the business community
- need to take united action
- of great importance to the community
- once you are settled
- talk about issues and concerns
- the business climate
- the local businessmen's association
- to become active in
- to keep business good
- to meet with us
- to control crime, vandalism, and panhandling
- to join our association
- work hard to
- would like to invite you to
4 Express hope for future cooperation and good relations among neighbors.
Sentences for Step 4
- I wish you the best of luck in your new location. If I can answer any questions about the area, don't hesitate to call.
- We have a great association with the other businesses in the area. We welcome you to this congenial group.
- If I can help you get settled, or introduce you to any of the other business people in the mall, don't hesitate to ask.
- Good luck! I know you will do well here.
- We look forward to working with you and hearing your ideas.
- Please do not hesitate to call or drop by for a visit.
- I will drop in to see you early next week.
Phrases for Step 4
- answer any questions
- arrange a convenient time to
- best wishes for success
- best of luck
- come by any time
- don't hesitate to call
- feel free to
- getting to know you
- good luck with your new venture
- if I can be of any help
- if I can help you
- introduce you to
- look forward to
- please do not hesitate to
- seeing you at our next meeting
- to help you get up to speed
- to meeting you
- to this congenial group
- to working with you
- will be happy to
- will be in touch
- will do well here