Offer a Discount For Early Payment on Products or Services • Example Letters, Guides and Samples
This letter's purpose is to remind or notify a customer that if you receive payment within a certain period, you will give him or her a discount on the purchase. Be specific about the conditions for the discount.
How to write this credit letter:
- Express appreciation for the customer's purchase.
- Remind or notify the customer of the discount for early payment on the product or service. Be specific about the conditions for the discount as well as the discount amount.
- Urge the customer to send the payment immediately and offer additional assistance.
Example Letter #1
Thank you for your recent purchase. I want you to be aware of the 5% discount we offer for early payment. To qualify, simply be sure that your discounted payment is postmarked no later than 10 days after the date of your invoice. I hope you take advantage of this offer by sending in your payment as soon as possible.
Example Letter #2
Thank you for your most recent purchase. At this time we wish to remind you that customers whose accounts are paid in full within 10 days from receipt of merchandise receive a 5% discount on their next order. Those who pay within 30 days receive a 3% discount. We encourage you to take advantage of this money-saving opportunity.
We appreciate your business, and hope that everything in your most recent shipment was satisfactory. If you have questions regarding your shipment or bill, please contact me immediately at 555-5555.
Example Letter #3
We appreciate your recent Doe Furniture purchase! I am pleased to notify you that customers who make payment in full within one month of their purchase date automatically receive a 10% discount on their next Doe Furniture purchase. We know you will want to take advantage of this program, and look forward to doing business with you again soon.
Example Letter #4
Thank you for opening an account with Doe Linen Services. We want to remind you that we offer an early-payment incentive. Customers who pay the $21 monthly service fee before the first-of-the-month due date pay only $20! The additional dollar is credited to your account. This is our way of thanking our customers who make payments promptly.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Express appreciation for the customer's purchase.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- Thank you for your recent order!
- We appreciate your order.
- Your order is enclosed. We hope you enjoy it.
- Thank you for requesting our services.
- As always, I have enjoyed serving you. Thank you.
- We extend a warm welcome to you as a new customer.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- appreciate your order
- as a new customer
- enclosed is your order
- enclosed are the
- extend a warm welcome to
- for requesting our services
- for your prompt payment
- for your recent order
- for your recent remittance
- glad to be of service
- happy to supply you
- hope you enjoy
- is always a pleasure to
- should receive your order within
- thank you for
- to do business with you
- to serve you
- your order is enclosed
- your order has been shipped
- your order is greatly appreciated
2 Remind or notify the customer of the discount for early payment on the product or service. Be specific about the conditions for the discount as well as the discount amount.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- Please remember that if we receive payment for this order within one week, you will receive a 5% discount off the regular price.
- If we receive your payment within twelve days from the shipping date, we will deduct $10.00 from your next bill.
- We want to remind you that we offer a 4% discount for early payment. You will receive the discount if we receive your payment by November 10.
- We invite you to subtract 2% from your purchase amount if you send payment within seven days of the invoice date.
- Remember, you will receive $5.00 off your next purchase if you return full payment by November 22.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- are you aware that
- can save 3%
- could have saved
- deducted from the total due
- double our usual discount of
- encourage all of our customers to
- for payment within
- from your next purchase
- from your regular purchase amount
- if we receive payment by
- if you pay us within
- in order to receive the discount
- invite you to subtract
- off the original price
- offer an additional 2% discount for
- our early-payment discount
- pay invoices within
- please remember that
- postmarked within ten days
- send full payment by
- take a 5% discount from
- take advantage of
- the greatest possible savings
- want our customers to
- want to remind you of
- will deduct this amount from
3 Urge the customer to send the payment immediately and offer additional assistance.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- We urge you to take advantage of this offer.
- I hope you will take advantage of this offer by sending in your payment within the specified time period.
- We await your payment. If it arrives within the next ten days, we will be happy to credit your account 5% of the purchase price.
- If you have any questions, you can reach me at 555-5555.
- We are happy to offer this discount on your payment. Please call us at 555-5555 if you have any questions. We hope you enjoy your order.
- We look forward to receiving your check for the discounted amount of $45.50 by May 2.
- Thank you in advance for your prompt payment.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- are confident that you will be pleased with
- as soon as it arrives
- can reach me at
- give you prompt and satisfactory service
- happy to serve you
- hope you will take advantage of
- if I can be of any help
- if you have any questions
- look forward to
- our way of saying thanks for
- please call us at
- receive the discounted amount by
- receiving your check
- send payment immediately
- send your payment within
- take advantage of this
- thank you in advance for
- urge you to
- within the specified time period
- would be most happy to
- your prompt payment