Ask an Applicant For Credit to Submit More Information • Example Letters, Guides and Samples
This letter should acknowledge the receipt of an applicant's request for a credit account and ask for more information to help you evaluate the application. Assure your reader that any information he or she gives you will remain confidential.
How to write this credit letter:
- Thank the applicant for expressing interest in your company or in obtaining a credit account from your company.
- Politely ask for the additional information. Let the applicant know that your request is standard.
- Assure the applicant that you will keep the information confidential.
- Thank the reader for his or her cooperation and ask for a prompt reply.
Example Letter #1
Thank you for your interest in establishing a credit line with Doe Corporation. To process your application, we will need the following additional information:
1. Social security number
2. Monthly payment amount on your second mortgage loan
3. Verification of income from your present employer
Of course, all information you provide us will be kept confidential. We will have a decision on your application within two days after receiving this additional information. Thank you for your cooperation.
Example Letter #2
Thank you for your recent request for credit with Doe Corporation. In reviewing your application, we have found that some additional information is needed to complete the approval process. We assure you that all information obtained to evaluate your qualification for credit will be kept confidential.
Please send us the information requested on the attached form as soon as possible, so we can finish processing your request without delay. We look forward to doing business with you.
Example Letter #3
Thank you for your interest in store credit at Doe's. In order to process your application we ask that you complete and sign the enclosed forms authorizing a standard check on your credit history. Of course this information will be used only to evaluate your credit application with Doe's. As soon as we receive the completed forms we will fax the application to our credit company. You should know the results within one week. Thank you again for your cooperation.
Example Letter #4
We were pleased to receive your application for a credit line and have begun processing it. Due to an oversight on my part, however, you did not receive all the necessary paperwork. Enclosed are two additional standard forms for you to sign and submit to our credit department. You may rest easy knowing your credit information is kept in strictest confidence. I apologize for the delay, and feel confident that as soon as we have the additional information, we will be able to extend you a fine credit line.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Thank the applicant for expressing interest in your company or in obtaining a credit account from your company.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- We received your credit application on June 30. On behalf of the Doe Corporation, I want to thank you for your interest in opening an account with our company.
- Thank you for your recent purchase.
- Thank you for sending us your credit application. We appreciate your confidence in our services.
- Thank you for personally delivering your credit application to my office last week. I enjoyed our visit.
- We received your application on February 20, and began processing your request that day.
- We appreciate your interest in opening a charge account with the Doe Corporation.
- Thank you for showing an interest in our company by applying for a charge account.
- We appreciate your letter asking for a $3,000 credit limit, which accompanied your order this month.
- Thank you for expressing interest in opening a charge account with Doe's.
- We were pleased to receive your letter on May 9, requesting a credit account for your company.
- Thank you for deciding to purchase your building supplies from Doe Lumber.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- a charge account with
- applied for a line of credit
- appreciate your confidence in
- are pleased you are interested in
- expressed an interest in
- expressing interest in
- for your interest in opening a
- for applying for a
- greatly appreciate your application for
- inquired about establishing
- look forward to serving you
- obtaining credit with
- on behalf of
- opening a charge account with
- received your credit application
- request for a credit account
- sending us your credit application
- thank you for
- to establish a credit account with
- want to thank you for
- your recent order
- your letter requesting
- your interest in
- your recent enquiry about
2 Politely ask for the additional information. Let the applicant know that your request is standard.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- In order to finish processing your credit application, we need you to complete and return the enclosed forms.
- We have reviewed your credit application for an account with the Doe Corporation. In order to complete the process, however, we need a little more information. Please send the names and addresses of two current references who can comment on your financial reliability.
- In order to help us process your information quickly, please send us the following information:
- According to company policy, we must ask you to complete the attached forms before we can consider a credit account for you.
- I neglected to ask you to fill out and sign the enclosed financial disclosure form. We must have it on file before we can grant you the credit line you have requested.
- To extend your credit line, I need additional information.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- a routine credit investigation
- according to company policy
- as is customary
- as soon as we receive
- as soon as we have this information
- ask you to complete
- before we can grant you
- company policy dictates that
- complete the enclosed form
- fill out and sign
- further information regarding your
- in order to process your
- must have this on file
- need you to complete
- need to update your
- need more information
- neglected to ask you to
- once we have received
- our usual procedure is
- please furnish us with
- please send us your latest
- please send me a copy of
- return the enclosed forms
- supply the required information
- use the enclosed forms
- will notify you within
3 Assure the applicant that you will keep the information confidential.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- I assure you that we are required to keep confidential all information you may give us.
- All information you send will be kept in strictest confidence.
- Of course, the financial reports you provide will remain confidential.
- You have our assurance that only our financial representatives will review this information.
- All information you send will be held in strict confidence.
- Naturally, we will handle this information in strict confidence.
- In accordance with company policy, our financial department will respect your privacy and treat this information as confidential.
- The information you give us will be used solely for the purpose of establishing your credit account with the Doe Corporation.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- all information you send
- assure you that
- confidential work file
- for our internal use only
- have our assurance that
- in accordance with company policy
- information will be handled only by
- information will be used only for
- is strictly for the purpose of
- keep all information confidential
- kept in strictest confidence
- only our financial representatives
- respect your privacy
- solely for the purpose of
- this information is confidential
- will view this information
- will be treated in confidence
- will remain confidential
4 Thank the reader for his or her cooperation and ask for a prompt reply.
Sample Sentences for Step 4
- As soon as we receive this information, we can process your application.
- Thank you for your cooperation. We will begin our final evaluation of your credit request as soon as we receive the information.
- We look forward to your prompt reply. If you have any questions concerning your application, please call us at 555-5555.
- Thank you for your interest in the Doe Corporation and for your cooperation in providing the necessary information. We look forward to welcoming you as a new customer.
- We appreciate your desire to open an account with the Doe Corporation and we hope to hear from you soon.
- We are pleased to help you open a charge account and would appreciate your prompt reply.
Sample Phrases for Step 4
- appreciate your cooperation
- as soon as possible
- as soon as we receive
- begin our final evaluation
- concerning your application for
- continue processing your
- eager to expedite your
- for your cooperation
- hope to hear from you soon
- if there is anything we can do to
- if you have any questions
- look forward to
- please call us at
- return the form to me
- return it to us within
- send the necessary information
- serve you promptly and efficiently
- thank you for
- welcome you as a new customer
- would appreciate your prompt reply
- would be pleased to
- will attend to your request
- your quick response will facilitate