- Follow Up
- Get Well
- Job Offer
- Social Event
- Thank You
- All Topics
Sample Letter #1
During her stay with us January 12-14, General Secretary Doe will be reviewing the four alternative sites proposed for our memorial fountain. We are assigning you to host Secretary Doe in the afternoon of January 14 on a visit to Site B (adjacent the Springfield Botanical Gardens) and would like you to assist during that time in any way that will make her visit as informative and enjoyable as possible. In the course of the afternoon, would you please see to the following specific items:
(1) Meet Secretary Doe at 1:30 p.m. in the front lobby of our downtown office.
(2) Provide transportation from the office to Site B.
(3) As necessary, review with her the various advantages and disadvantages of Site B as discussed in our last chapter meeting. Solicit her own observations on the site.
(4) From Site B, escort her directly to Terminal 3 at the airport, arriving there no later than 4:00 p.m., and assist her to make her 5:00 p.m. flight.
Should you have any questions or need assistance with this hosting assignment, please call me. We are eager to make Secretary Doe's visit a pleasant one.
Sample Letter #2
I want to give you a special assignment that I believe you will find enjoyable. Would you please coordinate this year's holiday gala. I recommend that you first meet with Jane Doe, who organized last year's party, and get her recommendations. She should have kept records on caterers, costs and other details. You should plan on the same budget as last year.
So we don't repeat the same thing each year, I suggest you get ideas from others outside the company. Perhaps even check out some party books from the library. Finally, please stay within the budget and advertise the party well in advance so everyone can plan to attend. Keep me up to date on your progress and let me know if I can be of further help. I know you will do a great job.
Sample Letter #3
Mr. Doe has requested that you form a committee from all of our departments to explore the feasibility of expanding our operations to Springfield. You are authorized to devote up to 200 wage-hours to this project, to be divided however you see fit.
This is sure to be a demanding project, but I have no doubt you are up to the task. Please call me anytime if I can help. The final report is due on November 1.
Sample Letter #4
I am sure you are aware that Doe is hosting a delegation from the Governor's office next week. I need your help in preparing the day's activities. Your duties will include:
You will need to call Eric in the Governor's office to get the details for items 1 through 3. If you have any questions about number 4, see me. Please give me a progress report this Friday before noon. This assignment should be your number one priority until you have made all the arrangements. Thank you.
Still can't find the right words for your delegation letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the delegation letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective delegation letter.
- Print your delegation letter and send it!