Example Letter #1
Thanks for taking the time to meet with me last (day). I think you will agree that we had a very productive meeting.
During our meeting, we spoke about your company's need for twice-weekly deliveries. We also spoke about my company's ability to provide these deliveries with a two-hour advance notice. The following points summarize our discussion:
*(list points of discussion)
Over the next few days, I will draft a formal proposal which will address these points. When the proposal is ready for your review, I will call you to set up an appointment for a formal presentation. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please call me at 555-5555.
Thanks again for your time and consideration.
Example Letter #2
During our last meeting, we came to some preliminary decisions about working together. I believe I have a good understanding of your needs and you have a clear view of my services.
Therefore, I am asking that we sign a simple Letter of Intent so we can move toward a final contract. This letter would state your intent to contract with me and to make payments according to the schedule I described in my proposal to you. Once we sign this Letter of Intent, I will begin to process the final contract.
I will call you at the end of this week to set up an appointment to sign the Letter of Intent. I look forward to working with you.
Example Letter #3
Since we last spoke six months ago, we have instituted new services that I believe will be of benefit to your company. My purpose in writing you today is to request a meeting to explore some of these new services.
Please take a few moments to review the enclosed information. I think you will be especially interested in (describe new service).
I will be calling you next week to set up a convenient appointment. If you have any immediate questions, please contact me at 555-5555.
Thanks. I'm looking forward to meeting with you again.
Example Letter #4
I appreciate your taking the time to meet with me yesterday to discuss the book sales campaign. Your suggestion of having one of your representatives work with all the school libraries sounds practical and efficient. As promised, I have enclosed a copy of our most recent catalog, complete with price guides and information on hosting special sales events. I will be happy to provide you with additional information, as needed. Simply call me at 555-5555; otherwise, I will follow up with you next month.
Example Letter #5
Thank you for discussing your real estate needs with me yesterday. I am confident that Doe Realty can sell your town house quickly and profitably so you can move into the home of your dreams. I would like to call on you within the next few days to give you a free appraisal of the market value of your town house. Then, if agreeable, Doe Realty will go to work for you. Please call our offices at 555-5555 if you have any questions about our services. I will call you soon to arrange a time for the appraisal. We look forward to serving you.
Example Letter #6
Thank you for sharing our interest in how Doe Dairy can meet many of your shopping needs. Doe home delivery can save you money by eliminating those all too frequent trips to the supermarket for milk and bread that inevitably cost you more because of impulse buying while you are there.
I have enclosed a video that explains all of the ways Doe Dairy can provide you with a full line of dairy products and save you both time and money. I am sure that after viewing this video, you will agree that Doe home delivery is a service you won't want to be without. I will stop by next week to pick up the video and answer any questions you may have. If you would like to reach me before then, you may phone me at 555-5555.
Example Letter #7
Thank you for discussing your life insurance needs with me over the phone yesterday. I have enclosed several brochures on the amount and types of coverage you may consider to suit your needs. All of the policies are terrific and are only surpassed by Doe's speedy and courteous service. Please call me next week in order to solidify your choice.
Example Letter #8
Thank you for the opportunity to show you our newest mineral recovery hardware. Doe is one of the few plants in this region advanced enough to take advantage of our latest technology. Our recovery systems work twice as fast as the current units, and at 12-21% greater efficiency. Please take time to review the enclosed technical overviews. I think you will find the KL5 will pay for itself within a very few years. I will call you within two weeks to answer any questions you may have. I am very confident we can do some smart business together.
The intent of this letter is to make a sale. It expresses thanks for the reader's time, emphasizes the advantages of doing business with the writer, and proposes a next step.
1 Thank the reader for his or her time. You can do this at the beginning or end of the letter, or both.
- I appreciate your interest in our new line of hydraulic jacks. Your comments provided valuable feedback.
- Thank you for taking the time to meet with me yesterday. I was impressed with what your organization has accomplished.
- It was a pleasure meeting with you on Tuesday. I appreciate your taking the time to listen to my presentation on our new insurance plan.
- Thanks once more for your time and interest.
- Thank you for speaking with me last week about your automation plans.
- I thoroughly enjoyed chatting with you this morning about your networking decision.
- Thank you for letting me introduce myself on the phone this morning. I enjoyed discussing your insurance needs and options with you.
- It was a pleasure to speak with you this morning, and I would like you to know how much Doe's appreciates the opportunity to serve you.
- Thank you for participating in our telephone survey last week and for expressing an interest in our investment services.
- accept my sincere thanks for the interview
- allowing me to discuss the options with you
- appreciate your interest in our new line
- appreciate your courtesy in sharing your time with me
- appreciate your valuable time and your willingness
- appreciate your prompt attention to this matter
- appreciate your help during the presentation
- comments provided valuable feedback
- enjoyed discussing your needs
- expressing an interest in our investment services
- for speaking with me last week
- for rearranging your schedule
- for taking the time to consider
- for participating in our telephone survey
- for briefing me on your plans
- for the interesting chat
- for attending our demonstration last week
- for taking the time to listen to our presentation
- for visiting our showroom
- for agreeing to help
- for your help in sorting out the details
- for the opportunity to converse with you by phone
- how much she appreciates the opportunity to serve you
- taking the time to listen to my presentation
- for letting me introduce myself on the phone this morning
- thank you for your assistance
- thank you for taking the time to meet with me
- thanks once more for your time and interest
- thoroughly enjoyed speaking with you
- was happy to speak with you briefly
- was a pleasure to meet with you
- was certainly a pleasure to speak with you today
- was a pleasure to speak with you
- was very impressed with what your organization has accomplished
- your willingness to discuss your suggestions and questions
2 Briefly review your discussion and emphasize how your product or service can meet the reader's needs.
- I am enclosing a data sheet on the testing equipment we discussed. As you can see, this equipment can reduce your test time by at least 25% and possibly by as much as 55%.
- The simplest solution to the static problems you are experiencing is undoubtedly our new Doe No-Spark flooring. Its quick installation would mean minimal downtime, and each area could be done separately.
- We recommend installing the Doe FT100 to replace the two machines you are currently using. This consolidation will save $30,000 annually, based on the expenses you discussed with me yesterday.
- I am enclosing the information you requested on our intravenous therapy fluids. Please call me if you have more questions after reviewing it.
- Our discussion helped me understand your particular investment needs. I am enclosing a brochure on our new subscription-style investment plan in which you expressed interest.
- The costs you were concerned about were largely the up-front charges, but of course we need to consider the long-term maintenance expenses as well. If you will review the enclosed information, you will see a comparison of costs over the life of the equipment.
- In order to help you evaluate our product more thoroughly, we are happy to provide samples for in-house testing.
- After hearing your concerns about PM10 particle control, I did some research to find out how our new generation of closed furnaces can help you.
- a comparison of costs
- after hearing your concerns
- costs you were concerned about
- did some research
- enclosed is our annual report
- enclosing the information you requested
- enclosing a brochure on our new plan
- enclosing a data sheet
- happy to provide samples for in-house testing
- in order to help you evaluate our product more thoroughly
- its quick installation means minimal downtime
- makes the most sense for your purposes
- may we demonstrate the product to you
- need to consider the long-term maintenance expenses as well
- our products provide the most viable solution
- our commitment to customer satisfaction is reflected in our
- product is compatible with those already on the market
- recommend installing
- research techniques we use are unique and unmatched
- review the enclosed information
- the simplest solution to the problems you are experiencing
- the best value on the market
- this equipment can reduce your test time
- to replace the two machines you are currently using
- understand your particular needs
3 Offer to answer questions, now or in the future, and express your eagerness to do business with the reader.
- As you suggested, we will follow up with Mr. Doe, but please feel free to phone me at 555-5555 if you have any questions.
- I will call you again the week of June 4, after you have had time to review the sheets I am sending you.
- I appreciate your interest in our PLC's, and will be happy to answer any of your questions, either prior to or at our meeting next Tuesday.
- I will forward our new catalog to you as soon as it comes out, and will send you the information about the new treadmill by the end of the week.
- Thank you again for giving me the opportunity to assist you with this decision. I am sure you will agree that the Doe FT200 will suit your requirements perfectly.
- Let me know how I can help you. You can reach me at 555-5555.
- Since our telephone conversation yesterday afternoon, I have put together some more information on the Doe FT series, in which you expressed an interest.
- May we talk again in a month or two? I will call you in February if I don't hear from you in the meantime.
- We look forward to working with you on this upgrade, and I will call you early next week. In the meantime, if you have any questions, you can reach me through my paging service, 555-5555.
- I am pleased to be working with you, and will call you on the 28th to see if you are ready to start the paperwork.
- We look forward to working with Doe's, and we will be in touch with you within two weeks.
- after you have had time to review the specification sheets
- as you suggested, we will follow up
- helping you achieve your goals
- hope you will not hesitate to ask
- if you have any questions
- if you are ready to start the paperwork
- in the meantime
- let me touch on one final important issue
- let me know how I can help you
- let me know of other interests
- look forward to working with you on this upgrade
- may we speak again in a month or two
- please feel free to phone me at
- so we can send a free exhibit pass
- to discuss the next step
- will send you the information by the end of the week
- will call you within two weeks
- will forward our new catalog to you as soon as it comes out
- will be in touch again shortly after your return
- will call you on
- will call you in June if I don't hear from you in the meantime
- will do my homework for you
- will be happy to answer any of your questions
- will call you again the week of
- would like to follow up with some more important benefits
- can reach me at any time through my paging service at