Follow Up After a Sale to Thank the Customer and Offer Service • Example Letters, Guides and Samples
With this letter you may simply thank the customer or offer something further. In either case the letter keeps your company's name before the customer and reinforces the impression that you are a good person to do business with.
How to write this follow-Up letter:
- Express your confidence that the customer is enjoying the benefits of the purchase. You may also thank the customer for buying from you.
- Make your offer to provide service.
- Close with a positive statement.
Example Letter #1
I just wanted to send you a note of thanks for your recent order. New clients are the lifeblood of our business. Please take a look at the enclosed brochure that describes our company and terms of sale.
Our sales manager, John Doe, will call you next week to set up an appointment. At that time he can explain our products more fully and answer any questions you might have.
We look forward to on ongoing relationship.
Example Letter #2
I just wanted to thank you for allowing us to serve you. I hope you are enjoying your new printer.
Let me show my appreciation by offering you a special offer. For the next 90 days if you need any ink cartridges or paper, I'll give you 1 extra FREE for every 3 you buy.
Buy 3 and Get 1 Free!
There's no limit on this offer as long as you purchase during the next 90 days. The reason I'm making you this offer is to get you into the habit of ordering your computer supplies from us. I know that once you've shopped here a few times, you'll want to order from us over and over again. We want pleased customers.
There's no other way to put it--I want your business and I'm giving you an incentive to return.
Just bring this letter when you visit us. It's your ticket to a great discount!
Example Letter #3
You are now the lucky owner of a Doe deluxe water softener, and are undoubtedly enjoying all the benefits. I, for one, would never be without mine. Your softener should give you many years of worry-free service, but if you have any questions or need any assistance, simply call our toll free number listed on the side of the unit. You may present the coupon provided below at our warehouse (1600 Main Street, Springfield) to receive your free one-year supply of water soften salt. It has been a pleasure serving you.
Example Letter #4
We know you are enjoying your new, four-wheel-drive pickup," so to help you keep it sparkling clean and problem free, we have included six vouchers good for the servicing and maintenance of your nearest Doe Service Center. You may use these vouchers at any time during the next 12 months. This is simply our way of saying "thank you" for helping Doe Motors become number one in customer satisfaction. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Example Letter #5
Congratulations on being a proud owner of a new Doe 2019 mountain bike, the first to exceed every safety standard set by the Bicycling Association of America, and the only bike to be endorsed by John Doe for its unsurpassed performance. After you challenged the miles of rugged terrain that await you on Doe Ridge, remember we will be waiting to help you with a full-service tune-up free of charge, when you bring you bike in within 90 days of purchase.
This is our way of thanking you and helping you protect your investment. As you know, Doe Mountain Bikes buys, sells, and trades both new and used bikes, so when it comes time to trade your Doe 2019, we will be happy to help. But for now, we wish you the ride of your life.
Example Letter #6
Congratulations on your purchase of your Doe bread maker. We know from experience that you will soon be telling your friends and family about the benefits of fresh bread and how easy and convenient the Doe bread maker is to use.
Example Letter #7
Undoubtedly your Doe washer and dryer have been your reliable laundering companions since the day you purchased them. We hope they are as satisfying to you to operate as they were for us to manufacture. They are second to none in dependability. However, should they suffer some unforeseeable damage, remember, no one knows a Doe like a Doe. Doe services all their appliances free the first year after purchase. Just call us at 555-5555 if the need arises.
Example Letter #8
I trust you've been happy with your reconditioned computer that you purchased a year ago. It was certainly a pleasure to find you just the right machine. I wanted to let you know that if you're thinking about upgrading, we offer our past customers special prices on hardware upgrades or trade-ins. Of course our check-up service is always free. If I can be of help, please don't hesitate to call me. My desk telephone is 555-5555.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Express your confidence that the customer is enjoying the benefits of the purchase. You may also thank the customer for buying from you.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- We hope you are enjoying your new spa. We enjoyed installing it for you.
- We trust you are enjoying success with our Doe line of patterns and instruction booklets.
- Now that you have had a month or two to enjoy our Doe vacuum cleaner, you may be asking yourself how you ever lived without it.
- How did teacher appreciation week go? Did the teachers enjoy their new business cards? Preparing these gifts for them was a job we really enjoyed.
- Did you know you will be celebrating an anniversary this month? Your Doe refrigerator is almost one year old.
- Thank you for buying our Doe mathematics software.
- Congratulations on your purchase of a Doe power drill. We are justly proud of our power tools, and are confident that you can look forward to many years of outstanding performance from yours.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- a job we really enjoyed
- appreciate your decision to buy a
- are now the owner of the finest truck made
- are sure you will become a satisfied owner
- are sure you have had lots of use from
- are justly proud of our
- as much pleasure as it gave us to install it for you
- can look forward to years of enjoyment
- can look forward to many years of outstanding performance
- celebrating an anniversary this month
- congratulations on your purchase
- congratulations on your upcoming anniversary
- enjoy your luxurious
- enjoy your new
- expect you to have many more years of reliable service
- gives you as much pleasure
- hope your new
- now that you have had a month or two to enjoy your
- preparing these gifts was a pleasure
- thank you for your faith in our
- thank you for buying our
- trust you are enjoying success
- warranty runs out on
- why you didn't get one long ago
- with our line of
- your washer is almost one year old
2 Make your offer to provide service.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- Please let us know if you experience any problems with it in these first few months. This is extremely unlikely, but we will be happy to help if you need us.
- I noticed that you did not purchase the extended warranty on your new vacuum cleaner. This action in no way affects your basic warranty, but if you would like the extra peace of mind, you have until October 31 to change your mind. Just call us at 555-5555.
- Would you like to become a certified Doe trainer? You could conduct classes at your store and receive significant discounts on participant materials. This arrangement would increase your profits and increase your sales of Doe products. The enclosed materials explain our training program. Just call 555-5555 to sign up or to ask any questions about the program.
- We would like you to enjoy this outstanding appliance for many years to come, so don't forget to bring it in for a check-up after each year of use.
- Please remember us for all your printing needs. We have a very attractive discount for repeat and bulk orders.
- The known reliability of the Doe refrigerator enables us to offer extended warranty protection at a very reasonable price. Please review the enclosed agreement, and, if you would like to participate, return it to us no later than August 31, when this offer expires.
- This software can be a great asset in the classroom, but only if your teachers feel comfortable incorporating it into their lesson plans. We can offer you a one-day training course at a nominal price for all the math teachers in your district. If you would like more information, please call me at 555-5555.
- Your drill is designed to function for many years without special maintenance, but if you ever experience a problem, your nearest Doe's dealer will be happy to assist you.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- a brochure describing our program
- after each year of use
- answer any questions you may have
- at a nominal charge
- can offer you a one-day training course
- could conduct classes at your store
- could expect increased sales
- did not choose to purchase our service at that time
- did not purchase the extended warranty
- don't forget to bring it in for a check-up
- enables us to offer extended warranty protection at a very reasonable price
- enclosed materials explain our training program
- expect you to have many more years of reliable service from your
- for your next special occasion
- have a very attractive discount for repeat and bulk orders
- have until August 15 to sign up
- if you ever do experience any problems
- if you don't see what you need, call me
- if you would like to participate
- if you would like the extra peace of mind
- is designed to function for many years without maintenance
- just call 555-5555 to sign up
- keep this catalogue handy
- must remind you that the warranty runs out on
- on participant materials
- our way of showing appreciation for your business
- please let us know if you experience any problems with
- receive considerable discounts
- remember us for all your needs
- return it to us no later than
- review the enclosed agreement
- show our continued interest in you as our valued customer
- strongly recommend you propose this
- the known reliability of the
- the accompanying sheet outlines our training itinerary
- this is a good opportunity for you
- this in no way effects your basic warranty
- this product can be a great asset
- this is extremely unlikely
- this offer is extended for
- to get started immediately
- want you to be our guest at the conference, a value of
- when this offer expires
- while you are still eligible
- will send a small gift to say thank you
- will be equally pleased with our
- will be happy to help if you need us
- would like you to enjoy this outstanding product for many years to come
- would like more information
- would you like to become a certified trainer
- would increase your profits
- your nearest Doe dealer will be happy to assist you
3 Close with a positive statement.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- We hope you will continue to think of us for your pool and spa accessories.
- We appreciate your business.
- Thank you for using Doe's.
- Please call soon to let me know if you would like to take advantage of this offer.
- I have enjoyed doing business with you.
- We look forward to seeing you again.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- appreciate your business
- call by Friday if you will be joining us
- have enjoyed doing business with you
- hope to continue to do business with you
- if you can't wait
- look forward to seeing you again
- look forward to meeting with you soon
- our valued customer
- please accept this small gift
- please call soon to let me know
- thank you for using
- was a pleasure to serve you
- will call to see if you concur
- would like to take advantage of this offer