Extend Mother's Day or Father's Day Greetings And/or Announce Sales or Promotions For These Days • Example Letters, Guides and Samples
Sending Mother's Day and Father's Day greetings to your employees can build a great deal of goodwill. Loyal customers also appreciate this personal touch. Special promotions may focus on your customers' fatherhood or motherhood.
How to write this holiday letter:
- Open with a greeting and acknowledge the occasion. Tell your reader why you are writing.
- Give details of promotions or a personal note, if appropriate. Close pleasantly.
Example Letter #1
In honor of Mother's Day next Sunday, Doe Corporation pays special tribute to the hard-working women in our company. We know of the challenges you face balancing work and family responsibilities. We salute you and thank you for all you do. Please accept this book of verse by our favorite women poets as a small token of our appreciation. Have a wonderful Mother's Day!
Example Letter #2
Doe's of Springfield announces its annual Mother's Day sale with new designer fashions for the mother and her baby. During the week of May 6-11, we will have hourly drawings for complimentary gifts. Come and join in the fun and receive up to 30% off on all women's apparel. It is our way of saying Happy Mother's Day!
Example Letter #3
Happy Father's Day! We are having a Doe's parking lot sale featuring ideal gifts for fathers, ranging from lawn and garden equipment to outboard boats and motors, fishing equipment, and an unlimited supply of books and clothing for men. The first 200 fathers each day will receive a free set of golf balls. Come early for coffee and donuts, or for a lunch of hot dogs and soft drinks. This is a party! We look forward to seeing you there.
Example Letter #4
Happy Mother's Day! We at Doe's wish to extend our warmest wishes to all new or prospective mothers, by offering all maternity wear, newborn layettes, and crib linen at 25% off. It's our way of saying, "We appreciate our Springfield mothers."
Example Letter #5
Yours FREE! A $15 bonus coupon!
Thanks for shopping with us during our Spring Fling Extravaganza. To show our appreciation, we are offering you this valuable coupon just in time for Mother's Day.
Use this $15 bonus coupon on any purchase of $65 or more. Simply present it at the counter when you make your purchase.
This is our way of saying thanks for shopping with us. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Example Letter #6
Remember the happy look on your mother's face when you gave her flowers for Mother's Day? Remember how the fragrance filled her house for days afterwards? Now, you can give her that same Mother's Day feeling all year long with bouquet-of-the-month from Doe Floral.
Every month we will deliver to your mother a bouquet or plant of your choice. And each gift will have a card from you. Just choose from one of our five subscription packages. We will bill your credit card for each delivery.
Can you imagine your mother's joy and anticipation each month? Just indicate the package you want on the enclosed card, fill out the order information, and mail the card today--or call us at 555-5555. Isn't your mother worth it?
Example Letter #7
I hope your Holiday season was successful. It's that time of year when we look ahead to Mother's Day.
On January 10, Doe Clothing will announce our new Mother's Day line. Last year, our summer blouse line sold beyond our capacity to supply. Many customers came up short. This year looks to be a repeat.
Therefore, I have taken the liberty of reserving your blouse order for you. Of course you are not obligated to the styles or quantities. You can cancel or revised anyway you choose. I am simply trying to secure your order before we get inundated.
Let's go over it this next week when I sit down with you to show you the remainder of the Mother's Day line.
Example Letter #8
As someone who's purchased gifts in the past, you'll love to stop by our new Women's Department. We've gathered gift ideas, especially for mom's life, and paired them with extra savings for you (such as free shipping on purchases over $79).
Shop by price or by interest--or, for the mom who truly has everything, let her choose--give her a Doe gift certificate.
Let your mom know just how much you appreciate her, and check out our new Women's Department today. (Hey Mom, if you're reading this, "Hi Mom!")
Example Letter #9
Happy Father's Day to every subscriber who has the privilege and noble duty of being a father!
SHOP THE WEB FOR FATHER'S DAY
In 1924 President Calvin Coolidge proclaimed the third Sunday in June as Father's Day.
A tradition that goes with Fathers Day is, of course, the Father's Day gift. DoeGifts.com is a great place to find the perfect way to say "I love you, Dad." Here are just some of the specials we are offering:
*(list products and special prices)
DoeGifts.com accepts all credit cards, and we ship within 24 hours. We can even include a special card from you to your father.
Visit us today, and Happy Fathers Day!
Example Letter #10
We dads are simple, really. Pick out a gift meant just for us, and we're sure to love it. (Okay, excepting the ugly neckties, but the rest is great.) Check out our new Men's Department--we've gathered lots of personal gifts that are sure to please Dad and the other men in your life.
Whether he's a backyard griller or a workshop driller--or somewhere in between, you'll find perfect gift ideas, custom recommendations, and even some handsome gift-wrap for that final touch. Or for the Dad who has everything, give the gift of choice--a gift certificate.
Check out our new Men's Department today--if he wants it, we've probably got it, and we've made it easy for you to find it and get it to him, too.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Open with a greeting and acknowledge the occasion. Tell your reader why you are writing.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- Our fathers, whether the baseball or the book club kind, have inspired many of us to do our best in this world. Father's Day is a chance to show them how much they have meant to us. Doe Corporation is honoring all our fathers in a special way this year.
- Just a note to let you know that we honor you and all mothers on this Mother's Day.
- This Mother's Day we want all our customers to feel special, so we are having a grand sale!
- John, over the years you have worked here I have watched you raise your kids and want you to know how much I admire the terrific job you are doing. Happy Father's Day!
- Jane, I admire your ability to hold down this crazy job and raise your wonderful children. We in the department are all thinking of you this Mother's Day.
- Happy Mother's Day!
- Our Father's Day Sale this year is larger than ever!
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- a mother's challenging role
- a special sale in honor of
- admire your strength and patience
- are having a sale
- as we celebrate Motherhood
- for all the fathers out there
- how much we admire your
- how much you all mean to us
- if it weren't for people like you
- in honor of all mothers
- in celebration of Fatherhood
- special thanks to all the fathers
- the management would like to extend
- the joys and trials of
- to let you know how much we appreciate
- to honor the fathers
- want you to know
- will be thinking of you this Mother's Day
- would like to acknowledge the
- your leadership as a parent and employee
- your dedication to your children
- your energy and enthusiasm
2 Give details of promotions or a personal note, if appropriate. Close pleasantly.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- In honor of all fathers, Doe's Sales department is offering some remarkably low prices on selected products from our line.
- I know how proud you are of your children and hope you will get to see all of them this Mother's Day. We are thinking of you.
- I wish my son were taking me salmon fishing this weekend. Enjoy yourself and good luck!
- Use this weekend to relax and reflect upon your accomplishments as a mother. You deserve to be pampered, for a change.
- Our Mother's Day Sale features nearly everything a mother could want. Please call and make an appointment with your sales representative.
- In honor of Father's Day, Doe's is doing something unusual. All the fathers may take next Monday off, with pay, compliments of Mr. Doe. Enjoy the three-day weekend with your families with no worries about work. You deserve it!
- On your first Father's Day please accept my very best wishes and sincere thanks for all you do to keep this company running smoothly. Take it easy this weekend.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- are thinking of you
- call or stop by to take advantage of
- certainly deserve a break
- come in today to place your order
- enjoy this weekend with your children
- for being such a wonderful mother
- for all your hard work
- for raising your children so well
- from one father to another
- in appreciation of
- just hang in there
- just to say thank you for
- let your children pamper you for once
- one-day sale in honor of
- please accept my best wishes
- proud of your children
- the time you have spent with your children
- to show how much I appreciate all you do
- use this time to
- will hold these prices through
- your willingness to serve