Example Letter #1
Many of you have already met John Doe, the latest addition to our staff. John received a B.A. from Springfield College, interned with the Library of Congress, and most recently held the position of assistant photo archivist at the Springfield Historical Society.
John begins with us officially as an associate researcher on August 14, but we were pleased to have him join us briefly during last month's retreat where he presented an impressive overview of his work with the Springfield Collection. Thank you for the gracious welcome each of you extended to him then. We're pleased to have him permanently as a member of our team.
Example Letter #2
John Doe, our newest associate, will begin work with Doe Corporation on Monday, May 31. Initially, John will work part-time as our administrative assistant, usually from noon until 4:00 or 5:00 p.m. He will be available in the entry area. He will handle visitors, answer all phone calls, and generally make life more pleasant for us.
As additional help becomes available, John will be able to fill in wherever help is needed. It will make his job easier if everyone would let him know where you are and what your schedule is. Please help John feel at home and use his skills whenever appropriate.
Example Letter #3
I hope each of you will extend a warm welcome to John Doe, who will be coming on board in June to solve the problems with our latest software, so we can handle the incoming calls more efficiently.
John has several years of software troubleshooting experience and understands our needs. We are confident he will be a welcome addition to our technical support group.
Example Letter #4
I am pleased to announce that Jane Doe has been promoted to Vice President of Doe Corporation. Jane is now responsible for overseeing our company's developing and marketing divisions. At the Springfield site, Jane provided great leadership, as evidenced by the level of integration of Doe products into the local market. Beyond this accomplishment, Jane has helped to drive the business applications strategy as our products gain national recognition.
Jane's focus is customer oriented. She is passionate about delivering unsurpassed customer aid and has led her group to provide excellent support to large accounts. We are fortunate to have Jane leading the Doe team. Please join me in congratulating her on her new, well-deserved position.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Introduce the new employee by name, noting the position he or she will fill and the date when the change will take place.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- We are very happy to announce that we have hired John Doe to work in the Accounting Department as the head clerk. He will start work on August 2.
- New Hires: Jane Doe has been hired to work with the New Product Development Team as a technical writer. She will prepare mainly in-house documents.
- On February 13, we hired Jane Doe to be the new director of field training.
- We have finally filled the void created when Jane left the firm. We hired John Doe to be the new junior partner. He has already begun work with the firm and is looking for a new house in the Springfield area.
- We have managed to hire one of the most recognized figures in the industry: Jane Doe. She will begin as vice president of marketing immediately.
- We are pleased to announce that we have filled the position of regional manager. We hired Jane Doe, who will take over the position on October 15.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- announce the hiring of
- are happy to announce that
- excellent background in
- found the perfect replacement for
- has recently accepted our offer
- has already started work
- has considerable experience in
- has done an exceptional job of
- has been hired to work with
- has great practical knowledge of
- has accepted a position in
- has been hired to replace
- has a reputation for
- have managed to hire
- have filled the position of
- is highly regarded
- one of the best
- welcome John to our team
- will start on
- will take over the position on
- will be in charge of
- will join us on
2 Briefly describe the new employee's education and work experience, possibly including such information as former clients, positions, and special projects. If necessary, mention the new employee's responsibilities.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- She graduated from Springfield University in 2013, with a B.S. degree in organizational behavior, and from Kansas State in 2015, with an MBA degree. She worked for Doe & Associates from 2015 to 2018. Since then, she has done contract work for various firms, including the Doe Corporation.
- He has been vice president of operations for the Doe Corporation for the last six years. He is a graduate of Doe State University, class of 1964, and has worked at Doe for sixteen years in the Kansas area. He will oversee production for all domestic markets.
- She graduated in textiles from Doe State University this April. While at Doe, she received a Foundation Scholarship for a year's study in London. She will be a buyer for our European markets.
- John has a wealth of experience as a salesman for Doe Corporation. Some of his former clients include Doe Products, Doe & Associates, Doe Software, and Doe Corporation. His primary responsibility will be to increase our client base in the West.
- Jane and her family come from Centerville, Kansas. She received her B.A. degree in graphic art from Doe University and an M.F.A. in graphic design from Springfield Arts Institute. She has worked for Doe Entertainment and The Doe Group and has consulted for several movie studios.
- He graduated in 1987 from the University of Kansas and was immediately hired by Doe Accounting, where he has worked until coming to us this year. He has served several major clients in the entertainment, aerospace, and food industries, and has helped write two textbooks on accounting.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- accomplishments include
- along with practical experience in
- background is in
- before that, she was with
- brief rundown on
- delighted that he has agreed to join us
- excellent communication skills
- has a special interest in
- has extensive experience in
- has had a wealth of experience in
- has considerable expertise in
- has been closely associated with
- her publications include
- is well qualified to
- is a graduate of
- is particularly interested in
- knows the business from the ground up
- much of her experience has been in
- with a degree in
- worked his way up from
3 Invite the rest of the company to welcome the new employee.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- Please take the time to introduce yourself to John and help him feel like a part of the team.
- I hope you will join me in welcoming John to our firm.
- Please make her feel welcome.
- We are very pleased to have John on our team, and we look forward to a long and rewarding business association with him.
- Please join with us in welcoming Jane and helping her learn the ropes.
- We anticipate making giant strides in the market with John at the helm!
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- am confident that she will
- are sure you will find
- are very pleased to have
- enjoy getting to know
- get together for a brief visit with
- give him the same warm welcome
- happy to have him on board
- is anxious to meet with
- look forward to
- make her feel welcome
- please help us welcome
- show him the ropes
- spend a few minutes getting to know
- to a long and rewarding association with
- trust you will join in welcoming
- will be a valuable asset
- wish him well
- wish her the best of luck
- with his wealth of experience
- with her excellent background