Accept an Invitation to an Event • Example Letters, Guides and Samples
Keep the tone very positive. Reciprocate the kindness shown by this invitation.
How to write this invitation letter:
- Express your pleasure at being invited and accept the invitation.
- Confirm details regarding travel, time, place, and accommodations.
- Express your expectations for the event.
Example Letter #1
Thank you for your kind invitation to John and Jane's engagement party on Friday, January 16 at 6:30 p.m. My wife and I will be happy to attend and eagerly look forward to helping you celebrate this happy occasion.
Example Letter #2
Thank you for inviting us to be part of Jane's graduation celebration. We're eager to see you all again. This event will make seeing you even more special.
We'll be arriving Thursday at 7:00 p.m. on flight 401. Thank you for offering to pick us up and getting us a room at the Doe Inn. You seem to think of everything.
We look forward to spending this time with you and getting better acquainted with Jane and her husband.
Example Letter #3
John and I were delighted to receive the invitation to your barbecue. We accept and are looking forward to the event. I've misplaced the invitation, but as I recall, the barbecue is on Thursday, June 15, at 6:30. Please let me know if I am mistaken. We look forward to another great evening with you.
Example Letter #4
I was pleased that you would invite me to attend Jane's retirement party. I appreciate your kind offer to pick me up at home, but I will already be in Springfield that day and plan to drive to the party myself.
I appreciate your thinking of me, and I look forward to seeing old friends again.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Express your pleasure at being invited and accept the invitation.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- Thank you for inviting me to your graduation. I wouldn't miss it.
- My husband and I will be delighted to be part of the celebration.
- We are excited about attending your wedding.
- It is with gratitude that I accept your kind invitation to the centennial celebration.
- I am delighted to accept your invitation to the premier showing.
- I am pleased to accept your invitation to the reception.
- We were pleased to receive your invitation to the homecoming dinner and plan to attend.
- We are happy to accept your invitation to the christening of your new baby.
- My husband and I will be delighted to accept your invitation to the garden party.
- We are pleased and honored to be invited to your parents' fiftieth wedding anniversary and will be happy to be part of the celebration.
- I am flattered that you would invite me to your party. I'll definitely be there.
- Thanks for thinking of me at this special time. I would love to come to your wedding reception.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- accept with gratitude
- am flattered that
- am pleased to accept
- am honored to be
- are pleased and honored
- are excited about attending your
- are happy to accept
- at this special time
- delighted to accept
- for inviting us to
- for thinking of us
- happy to be part of
- such a special event
- thank you for
- that you would invite me to
- to be invited to
- were pleased to receive
- will be delighted to
- will be happy to
- would love to come
- your kind invitation to
- your invitation to
2 Confirm details regarding travel, time, place, and accommodations.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- We will arrive in Springfield Saturday evening for your graduation on Sunday.
- Our flight will arrive at 4:45 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Thank you for your willingness to pick us up Friday at 4:30 p.m.
- You are very kind to let us stay in your extra room Sunday night.
- Our party of four will need tickets to the evening performance.
- We will arrive late and go straight to our hotel at 1600 Main Street.
- Weather permitting, we will be driving our own car to Springfield.
- Our flight will depart at 4:05 and arrive at 7:30 Tuesday evening.
- Thank you for offering to meet me at the train station at 9:00 a.m.
- I will be driving to Springfield on Thursday and staying at the Doe Inn.
- Two of my children will accompany me on the plane.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- accept your kind offer to
- flight will arrive on
- flight number is
- intend to go straight to
- make our own reservations
- plan to stay at
- plan to drive myself
- plan to arrive on
- thank you for your willingness to
- thank you for offering to
- to meet me at the
- to offer us accommodation
- very kind of you to let us
- weather permitting, we intend to
- will come a day early
- will drive our own car to
- will be driving to
- will arrive late at night and
- will accompany me
- will arrive at
3 Express your expectations for the event.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- We look forward to being a part of the celebration.
- We are excited about seeing old friends at the reunion.
- It sounds as if it will be a delightful evening.
- Thank you for thinking of us. We look forward to meeting your family.
- I am looking forward to singing some of our old songs.
- We look forward to seeing you all again.
- We anticipate a great reunion.
- It is always good to be with you on these occasions.
- This should be a day to remember for a long time.
- We look forward to sharing this time with you.
- It sounds like it will be a very worthwhile get-together.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- always good to see you
- am counting the days
- anticipate a great
- anticipate a delightful
- appreciate your remembering us
- are always memorable events
- are looking forward to
- are excited about
- for thinking of me
- getting together with
- it sounds as if
- meeting your new
- seeing you again will be
- seeing old friends again
- share good times with you
- so much looking forward to
- sounds like great fun
- thank you for
- will be a delightful
- will be a day to remember