Sample Letter #1
I would like to express my deep gratitude that you have written a letter of recommendation to support my application for graduate school. As you know, my interest in pursuing advanced studies derives in large part from my experiences under your supervision. I was very fortunate to have learned from you in the past, and I now am honored that you have chosen to support my plans. Your knowledge of my growth and experiences, and your insights into my talents and potentials, not to mention your reputation in the field of (Name of Discipline), will surely increase my chances for acceptance. Again, I am deeply grateful.
Sample Letter #2
I am excited to announce my new position! I have every reason to believe your excellent recommendation sealed the deal. Thank you for taking time out of your busy work-week to write the letter.
If there is any way I can return the kindness, please do not hesitate to ask me. In the meantime, I hope you will let me take you to lunch.
Sample Letter #3
I wanted you to be among the first to know that I got the position at Doe Corporation. Although I interviewed with a number of firms and several offered me positions, Doe was always my first choice. I start work on the first of next month.
I am sure that your letter helped me to get the job, and I want to thank you for it. Thanks again for your kindness!
Sample Letter #4
I am still searching for a job, but I am confident that when the right one comes along, your excellent letter of reference will help me to secure it. If I can ever return the favor, please do not hesitate to ask me.
Sample Letter #5
I have landed the job with Doe's! I want to tell you how grateful I am for your assistance in this process. Without your kind words, I doubt I would have made it through Doe's front gate. I hope you will come and join us at a little celebration dinner next week.
Sample Letter #6
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a letter of recommendation for me. I really appreciate the thought and effort you put into this letter. Your words made a profound impact on the hiring manager and helped me to stand out from the other applicants.
I have reaped many benefits in this application process, and I truly believe that your letter played a significant role in helping me to achieve all that I have gained. If I can offer any assistance to you in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me. Once again, thank you for writing this letter in my behalf.
- How to Request a Recommendation Letter
- How to Write a Recommendation Letter
- How to Write a Reference Letter
- How to Write a Reference Page
- How to Write a Referral Letter
- How to Write the Perfect Recommendation Letter
- How to Write the Perfect Reference Letter
- Recommendation Letter Tips
- Write Recommendation Letters for Success
Still can't find the right words for your recommendation letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the recommendation letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective recommendation letter.
- Print your recommendation letter and send it!