Respond to an Inquiry About Products or Services • Example Letters, Plus Guides and Samples
Responding promptly to a request for information shows customers you value them. A warm letter will ensure that they will not only remember your product or service, but also your attitude. Every positive contact with customers builds their confidence in your ability to meet their needs.
How to write this response letter:
- Refer to the request.
- Inform the reader of your efforts to handle his or her request; then promote a specific product or service.
- Explain how to order and invite further inquiry.
- Close on a friendly note.
Example Letter #1
Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Doe Walker. As you can see from the enclosed flyers, the Fitness Council voted the Walker "Treadmill of the Year" in Exercise magazine. Our treadmills combine flexibility, affordable pricing and outstanding service to make the Doe Walker the best-selling treadmill in today's market. Please take note of our B-Model for the dedicated walker on a limited budget. To place an order or speak to one of our fitness consultants, please call 555-5555. We will be happy to help you become a healthier, fitter you.
Example Letter #2
Thank you for your letter requesting information about our fabrication services. Yes, we can custom-make waterproof aluminum boxes for mounting luggage on your motorcycle at a reasonable cost. You are welcome to visit our office at 1600 Main Street, where our design personnel have pictures of such custom-made boxes. We are proud of the beauty and utility that these boxes offer. Please drop in and discuss the design that you would like, or call 555-5555.
Example Letter #3
Thank you for your call requesting information about Doe Janitorial Services. We are currently the top-rated service in the Springfield area. I would like to schedule a walk-through of your building so that I could give you a sound estimate of the cost of our services. We do offer a discounted rate of 50% off the first month's service on signing a one-year service contract, whether you choose the Executive or the Professional level service. Please call me in my office at 555-5555 to make arrangements.
Example Letter #4
I was pleased to receive your inquiry regarding our line of window coverings. We distribute both the Doe and the Springfield lines of horizontal and vertical blinds, in addition to a number of exterior roll-up shades. From what you said on the telephone, I suspect the Doe Mark II is the blind for your west-facing living room. This model comes in many colors, and custom sizing is included in the modest price. I invite you to visit our showroom to view displays of all our products, and to take home a full-color catalog.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Refer to the request.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- We appreciate your inquiry about the Doe Exerciser.
- In your letter you asked about purchasing additional mixer attachments and accessories for your Doe Mixer.
- You recently requested information about our takeout food services.
- We are pleased that you have chosen to analyze our company's marketing strategy for your class project.
- Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Doe Family Library.
- We appreciate the interest you have shown in our custom cabinets.
- Thank you for your interest in our health care products.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- appreciate your interest in
- appreciate your inquiry
- are pleased to learn that
- at your request I am
- attached is the information you
- delighted to know that
- happy to assist you
- have forwarded your letter to
- here are our answers to
- in answer to your questions
- in response to your request for
- indicating your interest in
- it's our pleasure to
- received your request
- received your letter
- recently requested information about
- requested additional information on
- thank you for your inquiry
- thank you for your interest in
- the interest you expressed in our
- would like to know more about
2 Inform the reader of your efforts to handle his or her request; then promote a specific product or service.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- The enclosed brochure describes all of the features that make the Doe Exerciser the most advanced total-body fitness machine on the market. Our company also has an excellent reputation for quality, reliability, and service, and we manufacture all of our machines locally.
- You will see in the enclosed flyer that we offer numerous attachments and accessories to enhance the functionality of the Doe Mixer, saving you both time and energy. Our new pasta maker is a lovely addition to our popular food grinder.
- I have enclosed a sample menu of our delectable takeout items. While this is not a comprehensive list of all items offered, it does include the pricing on our most popular items. May I suggest our frappe and carrot cake with cream cheese icing as excellent choices for the reception?
- I am enclosing copies of our annual report for the current year and the two preceding years. You can access earlier reports on microfilm at our corporate library.
- The Doe Family Library offers award-winning books, videos, and compact discs to educate both children and adults. Enclosed is a complimentary copy of our most recent catalog. Please take special note of our exclusive titles that are available only through Doe distributors.
- The enclosed brochure includes illustrations of some of the beautiful designs we have created in the past, as well as information on our artists.
- I have enclosed our most recent catalog describing our entire line. You may be particularly interested in the nutritional supplements found on pages 14 and 15, since you have a special interest in vitamins.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- about service and warranties
- all our products are
- all the specifications you requested
- am mailing separately
- am enclosing copies of
- confident that you will find
- describes all of the features
- describes our entire line of
- describes in detail
- for your perusal
- gives complete details about
- gives complete information
- have enclosed a sample of
- have enclosed our latest catalog
- includes descriptions of
- listing base prices for all
- may be particularly interested in
- our wide selection of
- sales and technical information
- should answer your questions about
- some general information about
- the enclosed brochure
- trust that this will answer your questions
- will see that we offer
3 Explain how to order and invite further inquiry.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- To place an order or get more information, please call our toll free number 555-5555, or visit any one of our Springfield locations to try out the Doe Exerciser. One workout will convince you it is the best of its kind.
- To order any of our mixer attachments phone toll free at 555-5555. Please allow four weeks for delivery.
- To place an order call 555-5555 or visit our office at 1600 Main Street Monday through Friday, 8-5 and Saturday, 9-12.
- Let me know when you would like to examine the films, and I will reserve a carrel and a microfilm reader for you.
- I will be happy to personally help you with your order. You may reach me at 555-5555, or simply mail the order form attached to your new catalog to 1600 Main Street, Springfield, Kansas 12345.
- We invite you to visit our showroom at 1600 Main Street in Springfield to view Doe's fine workmanship. For further information phone us at 555-5555.
- To order, phone our sales line at 555-5555 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. eastern standard time. We accept all major credit cards.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- be only too happy to
- can reach me at
- can order by
- for a list of dealers in your area
- for further information
- if you have any other questions
- if you would like to
- if you are ready to order
- if this information does not completely answer
- invite you to
- let me know if
- please call our toll-free number
- please don't hesitate to
- to reserve a
- to help you in any way I can
- to place an order
- to order any of our
- visit any of our
- will be happy to
- your local dealer is
4 Close on a friendly note.
Sample Sentences for Step 4
- Thank you for your interest in the Doe Exerciser
- We look forward to serving you again.
- It has been a pleasure to assist you.
- Good luck on this ambitious endeavor!
- Congratulations on taking this giant step in your child's education.
- Thank you for your inquiry.
Sample Phrases for Step 4
- a pleasure to assist you
- are confident that
- best of luck in your research
- hope you find the information helpful
- hope this resolves your
- if I can further assist you
- if I can help in any way
- is always a pleasure to
- like to be of further service to you
- look forward to
- please let me know if
- thank you for
- to receiving your
- to doing business with you
- to serving you again
- to assisting you with your order
- will call you next week
- will be happy to hear from you
- will be pleased with
- would be happy to provide further assistance