Example Letter #1
A recent study shows that over 90% of diagnosed psychiatric disorders involve serious childhood trauma. If you are not treating the trauma, you are only treating the symptom. Now, there is a conference that can inform you how to treat the causes of psychiatric illness.
Many of the country's leading researchers and practitioners will meet on June 6-8, at the Doe Hotel in Springfield. Please plan to join us. If you need accommodations, the Doe has offered participants a special conference rate, if reservations are made by May 1. We eagerly await the opportunity to share this information with you. Please call 555-5555 to reserve your place today.
Example Letter #2
Are the relationships in your life less than you had hoped for? Do you consistently choose someone who treats you unkindly as your significant other? If so, our seminar on finding and building responsible relationships is just what you need.
Enclosed you will find a brochure outlining many of the danger signs that we are inclined to ignore when we begin a new romance. Our seminar will help you understand what the danger signals are, what they mean, and what you can do about them.
The seminar will begin March 3, and finish the evening of March 5. Several classes will be offered. A complete schedule explaining the content of each class is enclosed to help you decide which may be best for you. Registration in advance will save you $10. But hurry! Classes are filling up fast.
Example Letter #3
Frankly, who needs to attend a seminar on motivating a sales force? Everyone who wants to increase their sales, that's who!
Our one-day seminar on sales force motivation features some of the most outstanding teachers in the business. Sold out in all of the 12 cities where it has been held, it continues to get rave reviews. But don't believe me. Come to the Springfield Plaza Hotel and Conference Center on September 9, and put our money back guarantee to the test!
Details of the speakers and sessions, as well as the discounts for multiple participants from the same company, are outlined in the enclosed brochure. Please take the time to read it now, and if you would like to attend, make your reservation today. We'll probably be sold out by tomorrow.
Example Letter #4
Where can you find the most up-to-date information about pediatric nutrition while meeting old friends and making new ones? At the 25th Annual Pediatric Nursing Conference, scheduled for June 11-13 in Springfield, Kansas.
We will be gathering pediatric nurses from all over the country to share experiences and learn the latest techniques. Professor Doe from Kansas State will be our Keynote speaker. For further details, see the enclosed brochure.
Please note that if you would like to take advantage of our block booking at the Springfield Plaza, we need to receive your fully paid registration by April 28.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Briefly capture the reader's attention.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- Give us two days and we'll give you a lifetime.
- How long have you waited to continue your education in the liberal arts? Good news, the wait is over.
- How many more expensive misunderstandings due to employees' poor communication skills can you afford?
- Finally! Here is your opportunity to discover the secrets of the easiest to use, most powerful desktop publishing software ever.
- We are pleased to welcome you as one of Doe Association's newest members.
- Your accounting staff asked me to demonstrate how our revolutionary organizational techniques could help them work more efficiently. They were amazed at what we were able to accomplish in just one hour.
- You cannot afford to miss this year's conference featuring Dr. John Doe as our keynote speaker.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- be exposed to the latest
- can you afford not to
- constantly changing industry
- discover the secrets of
- do you have what it takes to
- find out what's new and challenging
- have you ever wondered how
- how long have you waited for
- how do you
- how would you like to
- if you're willing to do more than
- keep up with all the
- keep in touch with what's happening
- new research shows that
- not for the general public
- one of the most difficult challenges we
- reaching for financial security
- sometimes it's hard to
- there is an old saying
- you'll be amazed by
2 Tell the reader about the seminar or conference and briefly outline its focus or purpose. If you have enclosed reference material or brochures, urge the reader to read them.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- You are invited to get your creativity flowing at this year's annual conference on trouble-shooting and professional communication. I have enclosed a special brochure that highlights our conference speakers and workshop panel experts.
- We will reveal all of our best tips at next month's seminar. We guarantee that you will enjoy a fifty percent increase in your investment returns within two years if you apply our techniques correctly.
- After attending our seminar in June, your sales staff will learn to work as a team, reaching new levels of success and benefiting you directly with increased profits. Please set aside a few moments to read the enclosed literature on the seminar's focus and objectives.
- Too many people work for money, so our seminar on 4 January will help you make your money work for you.
- As Dr. Doe mentioned, he thought that you might benefit from our three-day conference designed to help participants cope with compulsive disorders. We urge you to pick up a brochure during your next visit to Dr. Doe's office so that you can decide if this program could make a difference in the quality of your life.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- are invited to
- be some of the first to
- can guarantee that, if you
- come to understand the
- exchange ideas with other
- keep abreast of new
- keynote speaker will be
- learn about exciting new developments
- learn the newest techniques and ideas in
- nationally recognized speaker
- pleased if you would join us
- providing a variety of
- see what we have to offer in the field of
- sign up for the workshops on
- this seminar has helped many
- to answer your questions
- will benefit all of your
- will be featuring
- will introduce new ideas and materials on
- will be bigger and better than ever
- will be on hand to
- won't want to miss
3 Give the details about the conference or seminar date(s), time(s), and location, as well as the provided accommodations, if any.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- We will hold the conference from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., June 6 until June 8, at the Doe Hotel in Springfield. If you wish to make reservations at the conference headquarters, please contact us with your decision before June 1.
- You can attend one of two seminars in your area. The first is scheduled for July 8, and the second is for August 1. Both seminars are from 1:00 to 6:00 p.m. and will be held at the Doe Corporation's main office.
- I hope I can count on you to attend the conference March 3-4 at the Doe Conference Center in Springfield. The price of your tickets will include sleeping accommodations at the luxurious Doe Inn.
- We look forward to meeting you face to face at the seminar in Springfield at the Doe Reception Hall on May 6.
- The conference will begin on October 8, and close on October 10, in Springfield, Kansas, at the Doe Conference Center. We will be happy to reserve your flight and help you find appropriate accommodations.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- conference price includes
- conveniently located near
- don't miss the preview of
- exciting one-day event
- have made a block reservation at
- have enclosed a floor plan map
- if you wish to make reservations at
- mark your calendar
- plan to attend the
- please join us at
- registration will begin at
- special discount at the following hotels
- we will start with a
- will take place in
- will be held on
- will kick off at
- within walking distance of
- have arranged a package deal with
- the enclosed program
- will need to sign up for
4 Ask for a prompt response.
Sample Sentences for Step 4
- We look forward to receiving your prompt response and reserving your place at the seminar.
- I urge you to make this decision which could change your financial perception forever. Call us at 555-5555 or write to us at the above address to reserve your tickets.
- We eagerly wait to share this important information with you. Please call and make your reservation today.
- Because you are a new member, we want to give you ten percent off the conference price. Please do not hesitate to take advantage of this exciting opportunity.
- Please fill out and return the enclosed card for your reservation to attend either seminar.
- Deciding to attend the conference could be the most important decision you will make for your business success this year. Give us a call at 555-5555 to order your tickets.
Sample Phrases for Step 4
- are confident that you
- as soon as possible
- eagerly await your response
- early registration discount
- for more information, call me at
- give us a call at
- let me know if you can make it
- limited to the first
- look forward to
- on a first-come, first-served basis
- please return the forms by
- reserve your place by
- return the enclosed
- seating is limited, so
- to your prompt response
- to seeing you there
- whether you will be able to attend
- will call to confirm your attendance
- will find it worthwhile
- will be happy to
- workshops are limited to
- your early response will be appreciated