Thank Someone For an Inquiry • Example Letters and Guides
While this letter answers a question, it also provides an opportunity to give additional information on other products, upcoming events, or helpful services. Don't lose this opportunity for free advertising by only answering the question.
How to write this thank-you letter:
- Begin with a thank you.
- Give the requested information and use the opportunity to give information about your product or organization.
- Express a willingness to provide further information.
Example Letter #1
Thanks for your interest in my show for your upcoming lodge meeting. I am enclosing the video of my performance that you requested. I also have a web site at www.DoeEntertainment.com.
After you review the video, let's talk. I'd like to learn more about your lodge members. I'll call Friday to schedule an appointment. I look forward to this fun evening.
Example Letter #2
Thank you for your recent request for more information concerning our products. I am sending you our illustrated winter catalog containing descriptions of our entire stock with current price listings. As new products become available, we continually expand our selection of merchandise. For this reason, I have added your name to our mailing list. You will receive a new catalog about four times a year, as well as periodic information on our sale prices and clearances. The Doe Company takes pride in offering the widest selection of quality merchandise at the lowest prices in the field. In appreciation of your interest, I would like to offer you a 10 percent discount on your first order and invite you to become one of our many satisfied customers. If you have any further questions, I would be happy to assist you.
Example Letter #3
Thank you for your recent inquiry about employment at Doe. Unfortunately, we just imposed a hiring freeze that we expect to continue through the summer. Please feel free to check back with us in September.
Example Letter #4
We thank you for your interest in our custom mountaineering tents. I have enclosed a product line brochure showing all our models and current prices. As you will no doubt notice, our prices are somewhat higher than others'; however, our tents are of such superior quality and durability that they are the overwhelming choice of serious mountaineers all over the world. Our tents have been on more expeditions in the high mountain regions than any two other brands combined. Our record speaks for itself: We have never had a tent returned by a dissatisfied customer. Please review the enclosed catalog, and when you are ready to order, or if you just have a question, please call us at 555-5555.
Example Letter #5
I thank you for your call requesting information about our Fly-fishing Education Series. The introductory casting school you inquired about takes place during the week of June 6-12. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday we will meet here at Doe's Fly-fishing; on Saturday we will practice casting at Springfield Park, and on Sunday we will be on the river! The cost is $150, including equipment rental. Also of interest are the introductory fly-tying classes and the clinic entitled, "Stream Fishing the Dry Fly," hosted by John Doe himself. Please call soon and reserve your spot in the classroom with a credit card deposit. We can also answer any questions you may have about the other classes in the series. Our number again is 555-5555. Don't miss it!
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Begin with a thank you.
Sentences for Step 1
- Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding our garden tractors.
- Thank you very much for your interest in Doe tools.
- Thank you for your interest in studying at Doe Academy.
- Thank you for your inquiry regarding opportunities for summer employment.
- Thank you for your inquiry into the vitamin packages we currently offer at most health food stores.
Phrases for Step 1
- always appreciate comments and inquiries
- always happy to answer
- appreciated receiving your inquiry about
- are always glad to provide
- brought to our attention
- expressing your interest in
- for your interest in
- for taking the time to
- for alerting us to
- for your letter about
- for your inquiry regarding
- happy to assist you in
- have raised important questions about
- is a pleasure to respond to
- pleased that we can serve you
- pleased to receive your
- pleased to offer our assistance
- received your letter about
- to receive your request
- to receive your inquiry regarding
- want to thank you for
- your request for more information about
2 Give the requested information and use the opportunity to give information about your product or organization.
Sentences for Step 2
- We have three models to choose from, each designed for different gardening needs. I am enclosing a brochure that will explain their main features and how you may order them. As a serious gardener you may also be interested in our new composting bins and our state-of-the-art mulching machines. I have enclosed a brochure on each.
- I am sending you a catalogue that describes our full line of tools and other hardware. One item that we have not yet included in the catalog is our revolutionary sander, which will soon be available. I will send you information on that within the month when brochures are printed.
- I am sending you copies of our academic catalogue, along with a packet of application materials. Also enclosed is a list of financial aid available. We at Doe Academy are committed to helping students with their academic, financial, and social needs. We take a personal interest in each of our students.
- We will be interviewing for summer help at our downtown headquarters from May 1 to May 15. We need porters, servers, and van drivers. We require that all summer employees have a high school diploma and a current driver's license. Our lodge in Springfield is also hiring at the same time.
- All our food supplements are made from the finest organic products, using the most up-to-date low heat processes. Enclosed is a listing of all the vitamin packages available, along with explanations of their sources.
Phrases for Step 2
- are pleased to enclose a
- as soon as we are able to
- brochure will explain
- describes our full line of
- describes the features of
- enclosed is a list of
- for your review
- from which to choose
- have several models to choose from
- hope you find the information useful
- is compatible with most
- may not be aware of our
- must point out that
- nearest store is
- offer a full line of
- should help to familiarize you with
- straightforward instruction manuals
- take a personal interest in
- the high quality of our
- the most revolutionary techniques
- vast selection of
- will send you updated information
- will soon be available
- would like you to know
3 Express a willingness to provide further information.
Sentences for Step 3
- If you have any questions, please call me at 555-5555, or write to me at our main office.
- In the meantime I will be happy to respond to any questions. Simply give me a call at 555-5555.
- If you need more information, I will be happy to assist you.
- You may wish to share this information with friends. For further information, including interview times, simply call our hotline at 555-5555.
- I would be happy to supply you with any other information. Please feel free to stop in at any of our Springfield locations to get acquainted.
Phrases for Step 3
- can enhance your understanding of
- don't hesitate to
- ever need additional information
- happy to offer you
- hearing from you again
- hope to hear from you soon
- hope we can further serve
- if you need more information
- if we can do anything further
- if you have further inquiries
- if I can be of more assistance
- if you have any other questions
- live up to our commitment to
- please call me at
- simply call our hotline
- stop in at any of our
- to expedite your order
- to supply you with
- to answer your questions
- will keep you updated
- will be glad to
- willing to provide any information
- would be happy to
- your insightful comments