Example Letter #1
I would like to express my gratitude for our meeting yesterday. It was both enjoyable and informative. Your insightful presentation contained several innovative ideas that we are now considering for our new advertising campaign. The committee has asked me to express our sincere appreciation and to invite you to continue to share your expertise and advice with us as we formalize our course of action. With your permission, I will notify you as soon as we schedule our next planning meeting. We will look forward to seeing you there.
Example Letter #2
Thank you for the opportunity you gave me to interview for the testing position. The development projects sound exciting and the people I met were congenial and professional. Doe Corporation seems like a wonderful place to work and the Springfield area is beautiful. I would very much like to be part of the Doe team. I will be available next week and will be happy to provide more information to help you make your decision.
Example Letter #3
Thank you for meeting with me on Thursday to discuss the possibility of my transferring to Doe South Division. As I mentioned, I am interested in the diversity of projects that the South Division handles and would also find the geographic area to my liking. I feel that I would fit in well and could contribute much to your design efforts. I would be very pleased if you were to include me on your team. I will look forward to your decision.
Example Letter #4
Thank you for allowing me to show you our new product yesterday. I appreciated the time you took from your busy schedule. I hope you found my presentation useful and that you could see how our program can be of great value in your accounting department. I will call next week to get your reaction to it and to see if we can schedule another time when I can make a presentation to some of the other key people in your department.
Example Letter #5
Thank you for taking the time to meet with me yesterday. I enjoyed our interview and was especially pleased to learn more about how you came to choose your particular career path. As you know, the article is intended for a young audience, and I am confident that the childhood experiences you shared with me will be of great interest to them.
I will, as I agreed, send you a copy of the article prior to publication.
Example Letter #6
Thank you for meeting with me today to discuss the position now available with your company. I enjoyed meeting both you and your staff. I am very impressed with your company and what it has to offer the community. I am highly interested in the position now open and would very much like to join your organization.
During our interview, we discussed my qualifications for this position and how I could meet the needs of the company. As I mentioned then, I am a candidate with strong credentials that fully match the needs of this position. Not only do I possess the education and experience required, but the necessary skills to get the job done right. I fully understand what is needed here and feel confident that I can tackle the required challenges and responsibilities head on.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to meet with me. I hope that you feel as good about our interview as I do. I know that I have a lot to offer, and that I would thrive in your company's challenging environment. Allow me to prove myself to you, and you will see a highly dedicated and competent professional, eager to make a difference in your organization. I look forward to hearing from you, and I hope to be working with you and your co-workers soon.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Express appreciation for the opportunity that you had to meet with the reader.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- It was a pleasure meeting with you last Wednesday to discuss your insurance needs.
- Thank you for taking the time to clarify some of the issues we are facing with the reduction in force.
- My interview with you yesterday was truly enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to help me with the company news release.
- Thanks so much for the opportunity to show you our latest line of women's apparel.
- I enjoyed meeting with you and explaining our plans for the new addition.
- Thank you for giving me the opportunity to meet with you and members of your faculty.
- Thank you for the interview today. I continue to be impressed with your company.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- for allowing me to present
- for taking the time to
- for inviting me to
- for meeting with me to
- for giving me the opportunity to
- for your interest in
- for considering me
- grateful for your insight into
- have always wanted to learn more about
- hope our interview was as enjoyable for you as
- how much I appreciate your
- it was a pleasure to
- made time during your busy day to
- means a great deal to me
- thank you for
- thoroughly enjoyed meeting you
- to discuss your
- to evaluate my
- to clarify some of the issues
- to meet with you and
- was very impressed with
- your showing me around
- your taking the time to
2 Add follow-up information and/or reconfirm your interest.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- I believe we have come up with an insurance plan that will provide adequate coverage for your family, yet save you money compared with your present plan.
- I was glad to learn that our division will not be affected. This good news will lift morale.
- We will publish the newsletter on the first Friday of each month. We are excited about the prospect of getting more people involved.
- We will begin to ship the fall line in July, so you should have ample time to make necessary arrangements. We are very pleased that you have chosen Doe Apparel.
- If all goes well, we will be asking for bids on the construction in early January.
- The discussion brought out many concerns of which the administration was unaware. We will consider all of these concerns in future deliberations.
- I appreciate your consideration of my application to become a representative for the Western region.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- after I had time to
- after you've completed your review of
- am confident that
- am anxious to contribute to the success of
- appreciate your consideration of
- appreciated your candid answers to
- are enclosed, as you requested
- as you explained
- as I mentioned
- believe we have come up with
- came away with a vision of
- could save you money by
- discussion highlighted some of the
- eager to offer my services
- excited about the prospects of
- found our conversation most enlightening
- have enclosed copies of
- help in any way I can
- hope this additional information will be helpful
- neglected to mention that
- please keep me in mind
- should have ample time to
- since our conversation
- use my expertise to
- which may suit your needs
- will talk again after
- will help us to evaluate
- wish to become part of
3 Close with either an expression of thanks or an indication of you intention to continue contact.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- I will be in touch with you as soon as the final policy is approved.
- With your permission, I hope to include a brief message from you in each of our issues.
- I will check with you next Friday to see whether you have made your decision about the position. If you have further questions, please call me at 555-5555.
- I will be glad to show you a copy of our plans when they arrive from the architect.
- You should receive a report from the curriculum council before winter semester.
- I will call next week to see when the next qualifying test will be given. I look forward to the possibility of serving on your task force.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- as we agreed, I will call you
- don't hesitate to contact me if
- feel free to contact me if
- for considering me
- for your courtesy and interest
- for giving me the opportunity to
- for the hospitality you showed me
- happy to supply any further information
- if I can assist you in any way
- if you need any assistance
- if you have further questions
- let me know if
- let me know of any changes
- look forward to
- please inform me if
- should receive a report
- so we can discuss our options
- thank you for
- to meeting with you again
- to talking with you again
- to hearing from you
- to seeing you again
- to exploring the possibilities
- to inform you of our progress
- was a pleasure to meet you
- will let you know about
- will keep you abreast of
- with your permission
- would be glad to show you