Thank Someone For Visiting a Place or Attending an Event • Example Letters, Plus Guides and Samples
This follow-up letter can help cement a rewarding relationship. Keep it direct and sincere.
How to write this thank-you letter:
- Express thanks to the reader for visiting or attending a specific place or event.
- Add more details to explain why you appreciated the visit or attendance.
- Close with another expression of thanks or anticipation of future association.
Example Letter #1
I appreciated your willingness to meet with the Standards Committee. Your ideas and suggestions contributed immensely to the discussion. I am encouraged by the decisions we made and anticipate the results will please the board. It is good to have you as part of the team. I am confident that good things will come from our joint efforts.
Example Letter #2
It was certainly a pleasant surprise when your secretary called to arrange your visit to Springfield. When it began to snow, I feared we might have to postpone the meeting, but you were undaunted. Thank you so much for coming. It was good to meet a good friend after so many years.
Your visit was a compliment to everyone in our office. I wish we would have had more time to talk, but perhaps that will happen another day. Thanks for your kindness and generosity.
Example Letter #3
We want to thank you for attending our ground breaking ceremony last Tuesday. The new recreation center will be a great asset to our community, and we are pleased that you would share in the occasion. We will keep you posted on our progress and hope you can visit us again soon.
Example Letter #4
Thank you for the time you spent speaking with us during the recent Job Fair. Your file is currently under review, and you will hear from us upon completion of our assessment of whether a suitable match can be made between your qualifications and Doe Corporation's requirements.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with the Doe Corporation.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Express thanks to the reader for visiting or attending a specific place or event.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- We very much appreciated your attendance at our demonstration last Saturday.
- Thank you for coming to our annual fund-raising event last week. Your attendance contributed to our success.
- We were all delighted that you took the time to visit our new coffee shop on Main and Maple Avenue.
- Thanks for spending time with us at our booth in the convention center.
- On behalf of Doe Software, I want to thank you for attending our Springfield dealership's grand opening. I hope you were able to benefit from some of the word processing software you saw there.
- Thank you for visiting Doe Valley Estates.
- Thank you for attending parents' night at Springfield High School.
- Thanks for dropping in to see us on your way through Springfield.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- appreciate your interest
- delighted to have your company
- enjoyed your visit
- for taking an active role in
- for sharing your time with
- for attending our
- for taking the time to
- for coming to see us
- for dropping in to
- for spending time with us
- indebted to you for
- thank you for
- to entertain you
- to have you in attendance
- to see you at
- very much appreciated your participation
- want to thank you for
- was such a pleasant surprise
- was a pleasure to meet you
- was delighted to have you attend
- was such a pleasure to
- welcomed your company
- were so glad to see you at
- when you walked through the door
- your presence meant a lot
- your attendance at our
2 Add more details to explain why you appreciated the visit or attendance.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- You were able to answer some of the questions in a way that really helped our new representatives. It was clear that you have had a lot of experience with training animals.
- Your generous pledge was more than we could have hoped for, and we sincerely thank you.
- Our opening was a great success, and your visit was one of its highlights.
- We appreciated your interest. Just in case you did not receive the literature we distributed, I am enclosing a complete catalog of our kitchen utensils. If you order by June 1, you can take an additional 20% off the wholesale price.
- We look forward to establishing a marketing base in your community, and persons with your background may be in a special position to help.
- This new development is providing many young couples with an opportunity to purchase their own homes, and you are an excellent candidate.
- We find that students whose parents take the time to learn about their child's progress have the fewest problems both socially and academically. We are delighted to see you so involved.
- It was a wonderful surprise to see you. Anne and I have often discussed our times together in Springfield, and it was good to renew acquaintance and reminisce over those college days. We hope the rest of your trip went well.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- although you may not realize it
- appreciated the interest you showed
- are looking forward to
- enthusiastic visitors like you
- everyone is still talking about
- few people can
- good to renew acquaintance
- hope you enjoyed the
- in a special position to
- lend your support to
- made it a brighter day for
- meant so much to the
- persons with your
- really helped our
- seeing your face in the audience
- seeing you walk through the door
- started a chain reaction
- to renew our association
- to answer some of the questions
- was a great success
- was clear that you have
- was a wonderful surprise
- were able to
3 Close with another expression of thanks or anticipation of future association.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- I wonder if you would be interested in helping with some of our shows in the future? I will call to find out.
- Your attendance was most flattering to us. We all hope you will be able to join us again next year.
- There will always be a place for you at Doe's.
- If you have questions do not hesitate to call. I look forward to speaking with you.
- We look forward to seeing you again.
- I will call you next week to see if you would like to discuss a cooperative effort.
- If I can help you, please call me at 555-5555 (home) or 555-5555 (office).
- We appreciate and look forward to your continuing support.
- We may be passing through your area next summer. We will stay in touch.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- always keep a place for you
- attendance was very flattering
- can't wait to
- could see for yourself
- hope you will be able to
- hope to make this a tradition
- hope you found it useful
- hope it was all you expected
- hope to see you at the next
- join us again next time
- look forward to
- may pass through your area
- stay in touch
- thank you for
- thanks again for
- to talking with you
- to seeing you again
- was gracious of you to
- will always be a special place for you
- will keep you informed
- will let you know when
- wonder if you would be interested in