Example Letter #1
Please find enclosed a purchase agreement for the sale of your home. Although it is a standard real estate contract, we should both demonstrate that we understand the terms by initialing each line. I have already initialed each line so your initials need to be added. Also, please sign on the signature line at the bottom to acknowledge your acceptance of the contract terms. Thank you for your cooperation. As you know, the tentative closing date is four weeks away so I'll need the contract back immediately.
Example Letter #2
Enclosed is the first draft of the proposed contract between Doe Corporation and Jane Doe. Please review the entire contract for compliance with state law and make any necessary changes directly to the draft copy. Please return the draft to me by March 19. Thank you for your help.
Example Letter #3
Attached is the second draft of the Jamestown contract with my comments in red. Most of my comments are simple matters of taste; however, paragraphs B(1) and D(2) (A) still have serious problems. Please see if you can address my concerns.
I would like to have the contract executed by Friday, March 29, 2019. It might be helpful to FAX further revisions. Thanks for your help on this.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Identify what you are sending and why you are sending it.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- Enclosed is the Smith contract which we are now submitting for your review.
- Attached to this cover letter is a draft of the contract for your review and comments.
- Enclosed is your signed copy of the final contract.
- Attached is a revised version of the contract, modified according to our discussions on August 23, 2018, and now ready for final signatures.
- Enclosed is your Doe Mutual Title insurance policy #12345, covering the property located at 1600 Main Street in Springfield, Kansas, 12345.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- attached is a draft copy
- contract we are submitting
- contract to be reviewed
- copies that need your signature
- enclosed you will find
- for your approval
- for your review
- review and comment
- revised version of the contract
- the copy I agreed to send
- the attached copy of the contract
- to approve the enclosed contract
2 Explain what the reader needs to do with the document. If the document is lengthy or in several parts, or if your instructions are complex, carefully itemize the steps.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- The contract is in three parts. Each part needs to be signed in the signature block at the end, and each page needs to be initialed at the bottom.
- This is a draft document only. Please redline this copy and make any changes or corrections that you feel are necessary.
- If you agree to the contract as presently worded, including the revisions and modifications inserted yesterday, please sign the instrument, notarize the signatures, and return it to our office by certified mail.
- Keep this insurance policy in a safe place with your other important papers.
- Please review the lease agreement carefully, and if it is satisfactory, sign in the signature block at the end of each of the two copies. You may take possession as soon as I have my copy in hand, along with the security deposit.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- accept the report as accurate
- contract in its present form
- draft document
- have your signature notarized
- if you agree with
- if it is satisfactory
- initial each page
- make a copy if needed
- make the necessary changes
- meet with your approval
- needs corrections
- parts one (1) and two (2) must be
- redline this copy
- return it to our office by Friday
- review and return
- sign where indicated
- sign on the specified line
- signed copy of the final contract
3 Express appreciation, and state a deadline for returning the contract, if appropriate.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- We are very happy with the progress of the negotiations and the wording of the contract as it now stands. We would like to finalize these arrangements as soon as possible. We hope you can return the draft by Friday, July 23, 2019.
- To finalize the sale, please return the document to us by certified mail within three working days.
- It has been good working with you. If we can do business again, please let me know.
- It has been a pleasure working with you. If you have any questions or further real estate needs, please let me know.
- Thanks again for thinking of Doe Associates for your management consulting needs. We are ready to go to work as soon as you return the contract.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- any further needs
- appreciate your business
- as soon as you have finished reviewing
- as it now stands
- by the end of this week
- by certified mail
- finalize these arrangements
- finalize the sale
- if you have any questions
- make a copy for your records
- please return the signed contract
- pleasure working with you
- return the original
- signature verifying
- stamp of approval
- thank you for your cooperation
- when you have looked over the material
- will get to work as soon as