Example Letter #1
I am pleased to accept your offer to join Doe Corporation as a "marketing representative." The meeting with your marketing staff convinced me that I will be working with a successful team in a dynamic company, and I look forward to contributing to the team's efforts. As you requested, I have signed and enclosed the contract which details my salary as well as commission bonuses.
I appreciate the literature you sent on the company's retirement and insurance programs. Thanks also for offering to answer questions I may have concerning these benefits, when I report to you for orientation at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, January 3. I appreciate your help in processing the employment papers and look forward to our January meeting.
Example Letter #2
I am happy to accept the position as computer programmer in your department. The ongoing training program outlined in your letter convinced me that your company offers excellent growth opportunities for its technical staff.
I understand that my salary will begin at $30,000 per year and that my immediate supervisor will consider a salary increase when I demonstrate expertise in an advanced programming language.
The start date of June 1 is acceptable and I look forward to thanking you in person when we meet at 9:00 a.m. in your office on that date.
Example Letter #3
Thank you for faxing your job offer today. I accept with pleasure the position of Social Worker in the hospital's Department of Social Work at an annual salary of $25,000.
As we discussed during our phone conversation today, I will arrive at the hospital on June 1, at 8 a.m. After completing the required medical examination, I will report to the personnel office for employee orientation.
I look forward to meeting you and other members of the department's staff. Be assured that I am grateful for this opportunity to contribute to the hospital's reputation for outstanding community service.
Example Letter #4
I am pleased to accept your generous offer of an engineering position at Doe Corporation. I certainly plan to confirm your trust in my abilities by working hard. Doe products are famous for quality and dependability and I will do all I can to sustain that reputation.
As agreed, my starting annual salary will be $45,000 and I will participate fully in the Doe employee benefit package. Please expect me at the Human Resources Department at 9:00 a.m. on September 15. I look forward to my first day of contributing to the success of Doe Corporation.
Although you will often accept a job offer in person, it is a good gesture and a wise practice to formalize it with a letter.
1 Begin by expressing your pleasure in accepting the offer, and your confidence in being able to do the job.
- I was very happy to receive your e-mail inviting me to join your firm and will sign and return the contract as soon as it arrives. I am eager to use my skills to produce faster computer programs.
- I am delighted to accept your generous offer to join the staff of Doe Associates.
- Thank you for the job offer. Having met with the staff, I feel that I will be able to fit right in.
- This letter will serve as my formal acceptance of your offer to join the Doe College faculty. I accept the conditions of employment and look forward to this opportunity for professional growth and service.
- I eagerly anticipate my starting date, especially since your firm has such a great reputation.
- Thank you for offering me a position in your development group. I look forward to working on the new Doe project.
- I am very pleased to accept a position as an instructor in your English Language Center and look forward to using the full spectrum of my graduate training.
- It is with pleasure that I accept your offer to be a sales representative for Doe Cosmetics. I have used your products for many years and feel I can represent the company with confidence.
- I am please to accept your offer of a position as personnel office manager, effective June 1. I am aware of how many applicants you considered for the position and am eager to prove that you made the right choice.
- I am delighted to accept your offer, and I will look forward to the training session at noon on July 14.
- Thank you for the pleasant visit last Friday. I am pleased to accept your offer to join Doe Accounting as a junior accountant, and I plan to meet your high expectations.
- Thank you for the confidence you are placing in me. I will do all I can to exceed your expectations.
- accept the conditions of employment
- happy to receive your offer
- confidence you are placing in me
- delighted to accept your offer
- eager to use my skills
- feel that I will be able to
- for the job offer
- for offering me a position
- great opportunity for
- inviting me to join your
- join the staff of
- look forward to working on
- look forward with eagerness
- meet your high expectations
- pleased to accept your
- professional growth and service
- represent the company with confidence
- thank you for
- this letter serves as my formal acceptance
- using my graduate training
- very pleased to accept
- will sign and return the contract
- will do all I can to
- will be an honor for me
- will look forward to
- your offer of a position as
2 Confirm the relevant details of the agreement such as salary, starting date, or special arrangements.
- I have already begun to ship my household goods and plan to arrive on August 14. As agreed, I will meet you in your office at 3:30 p.m. on August 15.
- I understand and accept the conditions of employment as outlined in your recent letter.
- I have submitted my resignation with the understanding that I will leave at the end of the current semester, so I should have ample time to relocate my family and be ready for workshops by August 25.
- As you requested, I will report to the personnel office at 8:00 a.m. Monday to receive my initial briefing.
- The $27,000 salary for my first year is acceptable. I will be able to start on June 1, immediately following graduation.
- I accept your offer of $20,000 plus commissions for my first year with the understanding that if my sales exceed $100,000, I will qualify for a three percent bonus.
- As agreed in our last meeting, the salary offer in the contract is acceptable, and the university will pay my moving expenses up to $3,000.
- accept your salary offer
- as we discussed
- as agreed, I will
- as outlined in your
- as stipulated in the contract
- for my first year
- have submitted my
- immediately following graduation
- plan to arrive on
- receive my initial briefing
- salary offer is acceptable
- should have ample time to
- understand from your letter
- understand and accept the conditions
- will report to the personnel office on
- will report for work at
- will be ready for
- will be able to start on
- will pay moving expenses up to
- with the understanding that
3 If appropriate, indicate how you will make your next contact.
- I will report for work at 8:00 a.m. on Monday. I want to hit the ground running.
- I will contact the personnel office to complete the remaining paperwork and schedule my physical examination for insurance coverage by October 15. I would appreciate receiving any reading material that might help me prepare for the position before that time.
- As you requested, I will call you when I arrive in town on Saturday. I am anxious to begin work on Monday.
- I am eager to begin work as soon as possible. You can expect me at the office at 9:00 a.m. sharp on Friday.
- Thank you for your phone call. I am sending you a fax this morning with detailed information about my family's housing needs.
- I will call your office as soon as I arrive in town on Wednesday. Before then, you may leave messages for me at 555-5555. I will check for messages each night.
- I will arrive in Springfield a few days ahead of my family, and will attend the orientation on August 27.
- Unless I hear from you by May 15, I will report to your office on May 21.
- arrive in Springfield on
- as you requested
- as we arranged
- as soon as I arrive
- be available for
- be at the office by
- call you to
- call you when I arrive
- call your office
- can reach me at
- check for messages each night
- complete the remaining paperwork
- confirm my arrival time
- contact the personnel office
- may leave a message for me at
- please send me information about
- report directly to
- report at your office on
- schedule the necessary appointments by
- unless I hear from you by
- would appreciate receiving
4 Reaffirm your interest or appreciation.
- I look forward to getting started.
- I appreciate all the help that you and your staff have given me in this hiring process.
- I am eager to begin work as soon as possible.
- Thank you for your confidence. I am anxious to begin work.
- I am looking forward to helping you make a difference.
- Thank you again for this exciting opportunity. I am anxious to begin work.
- Thank you for the confidence you have placed in me.
- am eagerly anticipating
- am anxious to begin
- appreciate all the
- as soon as possible
- during this hiring process
- eager to start work
- exceed your expectations
- for this exciting opportunity
- for offering me this
- for the confidence you have shown
- helping you make a difference
- look forward to
- meet your expectations
- my starting date
- thank you for
- the help that you and your staff have given me
- want to hit the ground running
- will be happy to serve
- with such a great firm