Example Letter #1
Speaking with you and your staff will be a tremendous opportunity for me to present our product line. I sincerely thank you for extending this offer and expect to meet with you, as requested in your invitation, on Friday, May 9, at 3:00 p.m. in your conference room.
I think you will find that our expanded line will give your clientele a much larger selection of outdoor clothing than they have had in the past. I look forward to this meeting and expect a long and rewarding association to follow.
Example Letter #2
I am very pleased to accept your invitation to meet with your marketing team. To confirm the details, I will meet you in the lobby of the Springfield Hotel at 9:45 a.m., September 21. We have much to discuss. See you then.
Example Letter #3
I am pleased we will be able to discuss the management plan. I will meet you at the Doe Library at 12:00 p.m. Thursday.
I believe this meeting will help us speed up the project.
Example Letter #4
Thank you so much for making time for an appointment with me at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 4. After talking on the phone so many times, it will be a pleasure to meet you and have the opportunity to talk face to face.
Doe's Office Supply has a new line of products that I believe will be very helpful to your growing company. I look forward to showing them to you and demonstrating how they can meet your company's needs. I will see you next Thursday in your office.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Express thanks for the invitation.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- I will happily join you for breakfast at the Springfield Country Club to discuss the itinerary for our meeting on Tuesday.
- I am delighted that you would like to meet with me to discuss the use of office space.
- I will be more than happy to see you when I reach Springfield.
- I will be glad to go over the details with you about our contract with the semiconductor firm in Springfield.
- Thank you for returning my call and setting an appointment with me through my secretary. I am sorry I was out of the office when you called.
- I want to thank you for making an appointment to interview me on the difficulties of being a single working mother.
- I want to express my most sincere gratitude for taking this problem seriously and inviting me to discuss it with you at your home tomorrow evening.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- a good chance to go over
- am looking forward to
- am happy to accept
- appreciate an opportunity to
- be more than happy to
- discuss the itinerary for
- for the invitation to
- go over the details with you
- inviting me to discuss
- thank you for
- to discuss the
- to join you for
- to meet with you
- want to express my appreciation
- want to thank you for
- was delighted to receive
- was very pleased to receive
- will be very happy to
- will be delighted to
- will be glad to
- would very much like to
- your invitation to
2 Restate the details about the meeting such as the date, time, and location.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- John Doe and I plan to attend the meeting you have planned for January 9, at 9:30 a.m.
- What a coincidence! I have another meeting in Springfield during the first week of October, so that would be a great time for you to show me the new developments at the Springfield site.
- November 20, at 10:30 a.m. is ideal for us.
- I would appreciate a call two weeks prior to your visit so that we can compare schedules and select a mutually acceptable time for our meeting.
- I plan to attend the meeting on February 2 at 9:00 a.m. sharp.
- You can count on my presence in the board meeting room at 10 o'clock sharp.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- a mutually acceptable time
- at the conference center
- at the same time as
- at the site
- can count on my being there
- definitely plan to
- during the first week of
- expect to learn a great deal about
- have cleared my calendar for
- in your office
- look forward to
- plan to attend the
- prepare a short presentation on
- so that we can compare schedules
- the meeting you have planned for
- will call you before
- will cancel all other appointments
- will be prepared to
- will plan to
- would be a good time for you to
- would be ideal for us
3 State that you look forward to the meeting.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- I look forward to meeting with you again.
- I must say that I am looking forward to meeting you and your colleagues.
- It will be a new experience for me and I look forward to it.
- I have many exciting things to show you about our company. We have come a long way in the last five years.
- I am eager to learn about the new surgical techniques.
- I am quite interested in family history and will be happy to show you how to develop your own charts.
- I look forward to our meeting.
- I am anxious to travel to Springfield and see the new developments there.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- a valuable experience for me
- am very interested in
- am eager to
- am looking forward to
- an opportunity to
- appreciate the help you and your staff
- as we discussed
- come a long way since
- have many exciting things to show you
- look forward to
- see the new developments
- this exciting opportunity
- to meeting you and your colleagues
- to show you how we
- to meeting with you again
- to learn about the new
- to learning more about
- travel to Springfield
- will be happy to
- will be mutually beneficial