Sample Letter #1
I have been offered a temporary post (18 months) at the International Game Preserve in Kansas, as Assistant Mosquito Abatement Officer. My wife plans to accompany me, along with our two-year-old son.
Please send me information about and applications for the appropriate visa or work permit. Please also let me know which immunizations, if any, are required. I need to arrive in Kansas on or before September 12 of this year, and would appreciate receiving the information as soon as possible.
Sample Letter #2
I am writing because I must obtain a student visa for the period of August, 2002 to June, 2003. I have been offered a research fellowship at International University.
Please send all necessary information and application forms to the above address.
I thank you for your help in this matter.
Sample Letter #3
I have accepted a job with the Capitol City police force and will need a visa that will allow me to work in your country for 24 months.
Please send me any pertinent information and application forms for securing the visa. In addition, please inform me if there are any steps I can take to expedite the process. I can be reached at the following address:
1600 Main St.
Springfield, KS 12345
Thank you for your help.
- How to Write an Application Letter
- How to Write the College Admissions Essay
- Writing in College - 15 Tips for College Students
Still can't find the right words for your application letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the application letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective application letter.
- Print your application letter and send it!