Example Letter #1
I want to compliment one of your excellent employees, Jane Doe. She went to great lengths to help me when my checking account was thrown into turmoil by some forged checks. I have always received quality service at your bank branch, and Ms. Doe's extended help is a prime example of this. She knew just what to do to solve my problem quickly and restore the money to my account.
Such service builds great working relationships. I will bring all my banking needs to the Springfield Bank from now on.
Example Letter #2
I want thank you for the excellent service I received at the Springfield Service Center this week.
The repair estimates I had received from other garages left me with little hope of a low cost repair; however, your mechanics found the problem in a faulty $12 switch and replaced it at no charge because they had serviced the car so recently. Having a mechanic that one can trust gives a welcome sense of security in today's world. I will recommend Doe Auto to all my friends.
Example Letter #3
We have been shopping far and wide for the best price on bulk reels of nylon rope and are pleased to find that you are as good as your word. Your prices are at least three percent lower than your closest competitor's. When we deal in significant quantities, even a small price break can mean large savings. You make a good point in your radio ads that "there is no substitute for low prices." We hope you will continue to offer savings on the commodities we need.
Example Letter #4
Congratulations on manufacturing such fine knives, and thank you for your prompt service in exchanging those knives that were sent to me by mistake.
Not only is your cutlery reliable and durable, but your company's good reputation for accepting all returns is proven in this instance. I certainly will order Doe products again.
A brief letter acknowledging good service, low prices, and professional courtesies reinforces a solid business relationship. More likely than not, the receipt of such a letter will ensure you future good service.
1 State your appreciation immediately.
- I want to tell you that I have already received the shirt that I ordered through your mail-order catalog.
- Thanks for telling me that I could purchase your company's books for less through the club plan.
- After doing some comparison shopping, we were pleased to learn that your company really does offer the area's most competitive prices.
- Thank you for your help in locating the newspaper article I was searching for yesterday.
- Springfield welcomes businesses such as yours. Your reputation for good service has preceded you.
- all your years of service to
- am so very pleased with
- by the very nature of your business
- exactly what I was searching for
- express our appreciation for
- for all your hard work
- for your assistance with
- for telling me that
- for your willingness to
- for your dedication to
- have once again confirmed
- is sincerely appreciated
- is a pleasure to deal with
- offer the most competitive prices
- on behalf of
- thank you for
- thanks a million for
- the interest you show in
- the first time I have
- to each one of you
- want you to know
- was so impressed with
- were pleased to learn
- what a delight it has been
- your company really does
- your reputation for
2 Compliment your reader on a job well done.
- Thank you for your quick processing of my order, especially when I couldn't find my gift certificate.
- It is very rare these days to find a salesperson who values customer satisfaction more than a sale.
- When we first received your business flyer, we were a little skeptical about its claims. But we now know that your business keeps its promises.
- Unlike so many contractors we have had to deal with, John Doe arrived on time for his appointment, explained the problem to us in simple terms, and followed up to ensure our complete satisfaction.
- Not only are your prices unbeatable and your service unparalleled, but your vast selection of merchandise is a welcome surprise in a small town such as ours.
- a job well done
- a pleasure to deal with
- after having to deal with
- an outstanding salesperson
- are glad we found you
- at unbeatable prices
- best thing to happen to us
- clear explanation in non-technical terms
- customer-oriented service
- doing a remarkable job
- explained the problem clearly
- followed up to ensure
- for working so hard
- for doing such a wonderful job
- for going the extra mile
- for your pleasant manner
- greatly appreciate your
- has not gone unnoticed
- have saved us countless hours
- in a very timely fashion
- is rare these days to find
- must credit you with
- off to an excellent start
- particularly appreciated the way
- puts stock in quality
- really made a difference
- salespeople always make a point of
- someone who values honesty
- such a generous gesture
- thoughtful attention to detail
- was a welcome surprise
- was especially pleased with
- were a little skeptical about
- were looking for a company like yours
- when we first received your
- will recommend you
- with the help of your
- your vast selection of
- your service is unparalleled
- your prompt and reliable
- your tireless effort to
3 As you express appreciation for the service rendered, suggest possible future action.
- I want to compliment your organization on its speedy handling of my order. I look forward to doing business with you again.
- Rest assured that your integrity has secured my confidence and future business.
- We will be glad to pass on the good news to all our friends. Thank you!
- In short, John is a rare commodity. Actions like his build your reputation as a customer-centered operation.
- Thank you for coming to my aid. I will know where to turn for assistance in the future.
- We look forward to your presence in Springfield for many years to come.
- accept our heartfelt thanks for
- am not surprised that
- appreciate the effort you put into
- because of employees like you
- build up your reputation for
- contributed to the success of
- for coming to my aid
- for many years to come
- glad to tell our friends about you
- glad to recommend you
- has secured my confidence and future business
- has won us over
- have not been disappointed
- hope you will continue to
- if only there were more like you
- in the future
- it's nice to see that
- it's a pleasure to deal with
- it's nice to find
- keep up the good work
- know where to turn next time
- look forward to
- next time I need
- off to an excellent start
- our continued association
- rest assured that
- sincerely appreciate the
- thank you for
- thoughtful attention to
- to each one of you
- was very impressive
- your efforts have