Example Letter #1
On this, the tenth year anniversary of your employment with our corporation, I want to offer you my sincerest thanks for your loyal service.
Of course the Doe Corporation hired you because of your excellent academic record and your talent, but I never realized what a valuable employee you were until I had the opportunity to work with you. Over the past year you have continually impressed me with your decisive and efficient manner as you guided your department through many difficult times. I salute you for your efforts.
Please accept my compliments and congratulations on this tenth anniversary, as well as my wishes for continued success.
Example Letter #2
Our hearty congratulations on your fifteenth anniversary of joining Doe Associates. We sincerely thank you for the years of reliable service you have given in helping us become a leader in real estate sales. You have an exceptional ability to work with both buyers and sellers and make everyone feel like a winner. You are a credit to the profession. As a token of our appreciation, we have enclosed two season tickets to the opera. We look forward to working with you for many years to come.
Example Letter #3
We want to thank you for ten productive years of service with Doe's. To show our appreciation, we would like to take you to lunch Thursday at the Springfield Hotel and award you your ten-year service pin.
When you came to Doe's as a manager trainee, you showed great energy and promise. Since your promotion to manager, you have met all our expectations. Your department's sales record is unequaled, and your staff speaks very highly of you. We value your contribution to Doe's and look forward to your continued service.
Example Letter #4
The Doe Corporation wishes to honor you on the tenth anniversary of your employment, and offers you its heartfelt thanks for all you have contributed to the company. Your work as administrative assistant to Mr. Doe has been consistently efficient and reliable. You have excelled especially in your ability to keep John organized, which is no easy task. As we honor you for ten years of exemplary service, we look forward to many more rewarding years with you.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Offer your employee congratulations on the anniversary of his or her employment.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- On the completion of your 20th year as a Doe employee, I want to commend you for your excellent record.
- We want to thank you for your ten years of service to Doe's and hope you and Eric will join us Friday, August 25 at noon for a luncheon in your honor at Steven's Restaurant.
- Jane, how can we thank our most dependable service representative for 25 years of work? You and John are invited to attend our Awards Night next month to receive your service plaque.
- You have been with Doe's for five years now, Robert, and you should be proud of your fine record.
- On the occasion of your 25th year as a Doe employee, I want to commend you for your excellent record.
- I can't believe how time flies! You have been with us 30 years.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- accept our heartfelt thanks for
- am joining in the chorus of good wishes
- are glad to be associated with
- are pleased to commemorate your
- ask you to be our guest of honor at
- can be proud of your
- certainly deserve recognition for
- congratulations on your anniversary
- for 15 years you have
- have been with us for
- have been a major contributor to
- have enjoyed working with you for
- how time flies
- on the occasion of
- privilege of working with you
- success of the company depends on
- such a dedicated, talented employee
- thank you for your
- want to commend you for
- will receive your service pin at
- wish to extend our sincerest congratulations on
- years of service to the firm
- your 20 years with the company
2 Describe specifically some of the employee's outstanding work. A general commendation is not effective.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- I still remember when you first began working in the mail room at Doe's. You quickly became our most valued mail room employee. When you became supervisor, I recall how smoothly our mail service operated. Since then, you have gently but firmly led us into the computer age with training on e-mail that has saved both time and money.
- Your skills as office manager means that we have a department that runs like clockwork. I never have to worry about the workload in the word processing center, completing rush projects on time, or hiring temporary workers.
- When new customers request you as their service representative, it's clear your reputation extends far beyond our four walls! Your willingness to be available to your customers whenever they need you makes you our most sought-after representative. If I were a customer, I would ask for you, too!
- I don't know of anyone else with a perfect attendance record--including me! You set a fine example for your entire staff.
- During those years you have changed our modest documentation division into a ten-person department, staffed by trained technical writers. As many of the trade journals have noted, one of the strengths of our software is the simple, clear documentation that leads users through each of our software applications.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- achievement that stands out the most is
- appreciate your thoughtfulness, especially when
- continues to be one of your greatest strengths
- from the time you first joined the company
- go the extra mile
- have meant a great deal to the
- have all grown to appreciate your
- have adapted to many changes over the years
- have been a major contributor to
- have consistently been
- never have to concern myself with
- quickly became a
- set a fine example for
- specifically, I recall the time when
- still remember when
- you have a wonderful reputation for
- your careful attention to
- your exemplary work in
- your skills and expertise in
- your willingness to
3 Close with a positive statement about the future.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- Such a record of achievement is an inspiration to all of us at Doe's as you pass this milestone. I look forward to many more years of your valued service.
- I couldn't manage without you, Jeanne. I look forward to your being on my team for many more years.
- Congratulations, Bob, on your impressive 25-year record. Let's go for 25 more!
- We value the contribution you make at Doe's, and I am confident you will give us many more years of your reliable efficiency.
- I know that with you heading up the department, we will continue to be a leader in the field.
- Such a record of achievement is an inspiration to all of us at Doe's and a pleasure to recall as you pass this milestone. I look forward to many more years of your valued service.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- a wonderful future
- am confident that you will continue to
- an inspiration to all of us
- as you pass this milestone
- best wishes for
- continue to be such a good influence on
- continued good health and happiness
- don't know what we would do
- hope you will continue to
- let's go for 20 more years
- look forward to many more
- many more profitable, enjoyable years
- many more rewarding years
- move into the next decade together
- please keep that same congenial spirit
- value your contributions to
- will continue to be a great asset to
- will lead your department to
- your talents will never go out of style
- your record of achievement will