Express Appreciation to Long-term Customers and Those Who Pay Their Bills Promptly • Example Letters, Plus Guides and Samples
This letter can take the form of a general thank you for long-term patronage or of an expression of appreciation for prompt payment. These letters sometimes contain a customer incentive such as a higher credit limit. Such letters are usually brief and may be somewhat informal.
How to write this goodwill letter:
- Express appreciation to the customer for his or her patronage or prompt payment.
- Specifically state what you appreciate and why. If you are offering a customer incentive, mention it briefly.
- Close with a positive statement about your continuing relationship.
Example Letter #1
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve your company for the past two years. We want you to know that we have appreciated your business and your prompt payments. Your cooperation has helped our business run smoothly and has led to a respectful business relationship between our two companies.
We look forward to many more years of mutually beneficial association and wish your company the success that it deserves.
Example Letter #2
As we approach the new year, we want to thank you for choosing Doe's for all your drug store needs. We know you have many shopping choices, so we are pleased that you continue to shop at Doe's. We are committed to providing you with the best products and services at the lowest prices. As a token of our appreciation for your continued patronage and prompt payments, we enclose a coupon for a two-pound box of Doe's delicious chocolates. We look forward to serving you for many more years.
Example Letter #3
We want you to know how much we have valued your loyal patronage over the years. We have watched you grow from a fledgling company to a thriving business. Though you have experienced difficult times, you have never missed a loan payment or given us any reason to be concerned over financial matters. We are proud to be your bankers.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Express appreciation to the customer for his or her patronage or prompt payment.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- I just want to let you know how much we have appreciated your business over the years.
- Do you know how much we value your prompt payments on your account every month?
- Your support of Doe's Orthopedic Shoes is greatly appreciated! You are an important part of our business.
- This is just a note to let you know how much we appreciate your prompt payments.
- I want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you over the years.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- always a pleasure to serve you
- appreciate your prompt payments
- been designated a preferred customer
- business depends on customers like you
- enjoy working with you
- enjoyed seeing you again at
- express our appreciation for
- giving us the opportunity to serve you
- happy to inform you that
- has been greatly appreciated
- have been a loyal customer
- how much we value your
- how much we have appreciated your
- making our business what it is today
- thank you for your patronage
- thanks to customers like you
- want to let you know
- was good to see you at
- your business over the years
- your prompt payment of
2 Specifically state what you appreciate and why. If you are offering a customer incentive, mention it briefly.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- Your willingness to try us out when we were the "new kid on the block" and your steady orders helped us develop into a competitor in the field of floral wholesaling. We couldn't have done it without you!
- It is wonderful to have a customer we know we can rely on. As a token of our appreciation, we are raising your credit limit to $1500. We are sure you will find many great buys at our September lumber sale.
- We invite you, our preferred customer, to attend our annual Step into Comfort private sale on Thursday, February 12, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at our Main Street store. Since this is a private sale, you will need this letter to gain admission.
- I'm sure you, as a fellow business owner, know what a difference it makes to a company to receive prompt payment on bills.
- As your business has grown, you have continued to show your confidence in our ability to accommodate your expanding needs.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- always appreciate your feedback
- as a token of our appreciation
- attend our private sale on
- come in and pick up your
- couldn't have done it without you
- enduring and pleasant association
- grand opening of our new
- have helped us to
- hope you will accept this small gift
- keeping us in the black
- know that we can rely on you to
- let us know how you like the
- make all the difference to
- raising your credit limit to
- show our appreciation
- steady patronage over the years
- the confidence you have shown in
- this special coupon for
- would like to offer you
- your willingness to
3 Close with a positive statement about your continuing relationship.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- I look forward to many more years of a mutually profitable relationship. Thanks again!
- We have enjoyed your support in the past, and I am sure we will continue to do business together for many years to come.
- I hope to see you there and to continue serving you.
- Thank you once more for being such a great customer. It's a pleasure to do business with you!
- It's customers like you who make my job so enjoyable! I am sure we will have many more years of happy and productive association.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- always pleased to serve you
- continual striving for excellence
- continue to serve you
- continue to grow together
- dedicated to helping you
- for many years to come
- give you the best service possible
- happy and productive association
- have enjoyed your support
- hope to continue to
- improving our service further
- long and satisfying relationship
- look forward to
- mutually beneficial association
- respond to your requests and needs
- serving you is always a pleasure
- to suit your needs
- very important to us
- wish you all the best
- your satisfaction will continue to be