Sample Letter #1
On March 3 my secretary sent the building contract to your office by priority mail, but we have received no response. I am concerned that it may not have arrived. Will you please notify us as to whether you have received it? If not, I will gladly send a copy.
Sample Letter #2
On Tuesday, February 6, 2002, I mailed check #123 in the amount of $936.00 to Springfield Mortgage Services, but neglected to include my payment receipt on which I had indicated that I wanted the extra $300 to be credited to my loan principal.
Would you please to send me confirmation that my check was received and that $636.00 was credited as my monthly payment and that $300.00 extra was credited to principal?
Thank you for your kind attention. I regret any inconvenience I may have caused.
Sample Letter #3
I sent you four editorial cartoons two weeks ago for publication in your magazine. Each dealt with the recent political mess in Springfield. I sent them "return receipt requested," yet I have not received the return receipt. I am worried that the cartoons may have been lost in the mail. Could you please let me know if you received them? Thank you.
Sample Letter #4
I sent in a gift subscription to your magazine for Jane Doe in June. It is now August, and Jane informs me that she has not received a notice of the gift, nor has she received any copies of the magazine. Since I have not yet received a bill for the gift, I am concerned that you may not have received my postcard. Please contact me immediately regarding the subscription.
- How to Write a Request Letter
- How to Write the Perfect Request Letter
- Request Letters Made Easy: 15 Tips
Still can't find the right words for your request letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the request letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective request letter.
- Print your request letter and send it!