Sample Letter #1
I am writing to request a copy of my graduation certificate awarded in the spring commencement services. Unfortunately, I lost the original when my briefcase was stolen from my car. I am enclosing a copy of the police report to support my claim, along with a certified check for $27.50 to cover the replacement fee. My name and other identifying information are included in the report. Please send the certificate to the address below. Thank you for your assistance.
Sample Letter #2
Please send me a certified copy of the plat map that encompasses 1600 South Main Street, Springfield, KS 12345, and mail it to that address. I have enclosed $15.00 to cover the copying charges and $2.50 for shipping. Thank you for your prompt attention.
Sample Letter #3
I am engaged in genealogical research and need a long copy of my great grandmother's birth certificate. Her birth was registered in Chesham in England on June 20, 1865. Her name was Ellen Margaret Brown or Emma Margaret Brown. I do not know her parents' names. Is this sufficient information to locate her birth certificate?
I have enclosed the standard fee plus postage. If there are any further costs to be defrayed, please contact me at the above address. Thank you very much for your help.
Sample Letter #4
Please send me a copy of each of my children's immunization records. Their names are Eric and Susan Doe. Eric was born on October 30, 2001, and Susan was born on January 14, 2004.
Our new address is 1600 Main Street, Springfield, Kansas 12345. Thank you for your assistance.
- How to Write a Request Letter
- How to Write the Perfect Request Letter
- Request Letters Made Easy: 15 Tips
Still can't find the right words for your request letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the request letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective request letter.
- Print your request letter and send it!