Sample Letter #1
At the end of my enlistment in the U.S. Air Force, I would like to enroll in Doe College for the fall semester of 2007 to pursue a bachelor's degree in computer science. Would you please send me the appropriate application forms and a copy of the general catalog? I would also like to receive any information the veterans' benefits office may have to help me plan ahead.
Sample Letter #2
My high school counselor told me that the community college in Springfield would be the best place for me to continue my education. I want to study environmental science with an emphasis on toxic waste disposal. He explained that your combined AA curriculum in natural science and public affairs would give me a good foundation for future studies. Please send me the necessary application forms, including scholarship and housing information.
Sample Letter #3
I am currently employed as a receptionist at a local law firm and would like to expand my career horizons. I understand Doe Community College has an excellent paralegal program in which I would like to enroll. Please send me an admissions application, any available literature on the program, and information on financial assistance.
Sample Letter #4
I will finish high school in December, and am interesting in continuing my studies in the United States. I would like to go into the general field of communications or advertising, but have not yet decided on a major.
Please send me the appropriate application materials, along with information for International Students and any information you can give me on housing and employment opportunities. My address is:
- How to Write a Request Letter
- How to Write the Perfect Request Letter
- Request Letters Made Easy: 15 Tips
Still can't find the right words for your request letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the request letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective request letter.
- Print your request letter and send it!