Example Letter #1
When our service representative visited with you last week, you commented that your Doe water purifier had given you "wonderful, worry-free service for the past 15 years." We want to feature the comments of satisfied customers in a new promotional brochure and request your permission to quote your phrase.
We would appreciate your help very much. I have enclosed a permission form for your signature. You are welcome to call me at 555-5555, if you have questions.
Example Letter #2
Doe Travel is planning to air a thirty-second advertisement on radio station ABCD. We are asking a few of our oldest clients to assist by providing testimonials of the travel service Doe has provided them. Could we impose upon you to briefly express your feelings about the service you have received from Doe Travel? If you are willing, please include in your testimonial how long you have done business with Doe and what sorts of travel plans we have provided. A representative will contact you next week. Thank you in advance for any help you can give.
Example Letter #3
Thank you for your kind letter about our carpet cleaning service. We are very proud of our service and are doubly pleased when a customer takes the trouble to say "thank you."
Would you give us permission to use your letter in our advertising? We could use the letter with or without a photograph of you, whichever you prefer. We know from experience that more people will try a new service when one of their neighbors who they already trust is willing to recommend it. You are, however, under no obligation if you would prefer not to have it used.
I will call for your decision in a day or two. Thank you once again for using our service.
Example Letter #4
John has finally decided to run for city council. You have suggested this to him so many times that I have no hesitation in asking whether you would write a short testimonial for him for a flyer to be sent out during his campaign.
If you feel that you can do this, we would appreciate your mentioning how long you have known him, as well as the committees on which you have served together. Thank you for all the encouragement you have given both of us. John or I will call you next week to see if you will be able to help us in this way.
Use persuasive language to encourage the customer to give you the endorsement or testimonial. Let the reader know that you have selected him or her for a specific reason and make it easy for him or her to respond positively.
1 Thank the customer for his or her business.
- You have been our valued customer for five years, and we have appreciated your business.
- I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your steady patronage over the last few years.
- You are one of our most valued customers, and we certainly appreciate your business.
- I have enjoyed serving you for the last year and am pleased that you are enjoying our products so much.
- Thank you for frequenting our store.
- The Doe Corporation is proud to have you as one of its valuable customers. Thank you for your business.
- I appreciate the mutually satisfying business relationship we have developed over the last few years.
- always a pleasure to
- appreciate your business
- appreciate your loyalty
- are proud to count you as
- are a highly valued customer
- business depends on customers like you
- enjoy working with you
- enjoy doing business with
- enjoy serving you
- express our appreciation for
- for your business
- for your steady patronage
- giving us the opportunity to
- happy to serve you
- have been a loyal customer
- how much we value your
- making our business what it is today
- mutually profitable association
- mutually satisfying relationship
- one of our most valued
- over the last few
- thank you for
- thanks to customers like you
- want to thank you for
- your business over the years
2 Ask for the endorsement or testimonial.
- Thank you for your letter expressing how much you are enjoying our products. It was so well written and complimentary that we want to use it as an official testimonial to promote our products.
- I wonder if you would do us a favor? We are gearing up our sales force for the new year and could use some extra help from you. Would you mind writing a brief testimonial about our products and services?
- Will you give us permission to use your name as a reference for our future clients? We feel that you are the perfect customer to endorse our product because you have used it for some time and are so highly respected in our community.
- I want to ask for your assistance. Would you be so kind as to write a brief testimonial regarding your satisfaction with our services?
- Will you read the enclosed document outlining our product's positive features and indicate whether you would be willing to endorse it?
- May I have your consent to use your company's name when selling our service to prospective clients?
- a brief testimonial
- ask for your assistance
- ask a favor of you
- give an endorsement for
- in promoting our
- may we quote you
- may we have your permission to
- particularly appreciated your
- permit us to publish
- permit us to use your name
- person of your standing
- respected member of
- testimonial in support of
- use your letter in our
- use your name
- would very much appreciate
- will you give us permission to
- wonder if you would mind
- would be most grateful if
- would you consent to
- would you be so kind
- your kind letter about
3 If you wish, suggest some guidelines for the endorsement or testimonial.
- Enclosed are some suggestions to help you write the testimonial.
- As you write the letter, we hope you will include how long you have been our customer, the specific products you usually purchase, and what you like about our products.
- We want to make the endorsement process as simple for you as possible. Below are a few suggestions for creating your statement:
- We ask that you not mention any company by name--other than yours and ours--in your testimonial.
- I am enclosing some testimonials we have received in the past. Feel free to use or ignore them.
- a few suggestions
- as your compose your
- as simple for you as possible
- as you write this
- ask that you
- be specific about
- could you include
- enclosed are some suggestions
- feel free to
- have enclosed some
- have included a few
- hope you will include
- in your testimonial
- include a statement about
- may save you time
- please consider including
- take just a few minutes
- the following details
- to help you in
- when creating your statement
- would appreciate your
4 Thank the reader and indicate that you will contact him or her for a confirmation.
- I sincerely appreciate your time and cooperation.
- Our corporation thrives on its satisfied customers. Thank you for your support.
- Thank you for this favor. I will call you one day next week to discuss this matter further.
- I will call you by next Friday to answer any questions you may have.
- I am glad I have a client who has such confidence in me.
- We look forward to hearing from you in the near future. Thank you.
- answer any questions
- are under no obligation
- discuss this further
- do understand if
- for your support
- for considering this request
- hope that you will be able to
- hope that you will consider
- if you feel that
- if you are unable to
- if you have any questions
- look forward to
- sincerely appreciate your
- thank you for
- to hearing from you
- will seriously consider
- will be happy to
- will call you
- will be of great assistance
- would so much appreciate
- would greatly appreciate