Welcome a New Shareholder • Example Letters, Plus Guides and Samples
A company with a relatively small number of shareholders may send this letter. It is important to give a new shareholder a sense of ownership. Use language that conveys that feeling. Help the reader feel that he or she belongs.
How to write this welcome letter:
- Express a warm welcome to the company.
- Provide general information about the company and more specific information concerning the stockholder's investment.
- Invite further communication.
- Close with a positive expression about future association.
Example Letter #1
Congratulations on your decision to become a shareholder in the largest wheat storage business in Kansas. You are now a partner in one of the most promising ventures of the decade. We have seen remarkable growth during the past year and we project even more significant profits as wheat prices remain high. I am enclosing the Doe Shareholders' Report dated July 15. The graph on page 25 shows the gains made over the past five years.
We welcome your questions and suggestions. Please do not hesitate to call at 555-5555. Our next stockholders' meeting will be October 1 at 9:00 a.m. in the executive dining room of our corporate building in Springfield. We hope you will attend and participate in the discussions and decisions.
Example Letter #2
May I convey my warm welcome to you as one of Doe's newest shareholders? I am delighted that you have elected to join us in our expanding global enterprise.
You will surely want to familiarize yourself with our company's operations, goals, and strategies, so I am sending you a folder of materials documenting our history for the last five years and projecting our growth for the next five. Also enclosed is a copy of our latest quarterly report to shareholders. These documents show why we are so optimistic about our future.
In our next shareholders' meeting on February 12, we will explain significant developments in our Asian markets and unveil an unusually effective advertising and public relations campaign. We invite you to join us on that occasion. Until then may this brief introduction serve as a beginning of what we hope will be a long and productive association. Welcome aboard.
Example Letter #3
I would like to personally welcome you as a shareholder in Doe Corporation. This is an exciting time for our industry. Our design department recently won the editor's choice award in the Springfield Review and is considered a favorite among PC users. Our gross sales doubled in the last year while our earnings per share tripled. You have made a sound investment in Doe Corporation and we look forward to even greater success.
Example Letter #4
Congratulations on your wise investment in the future of the Doe Corporation. To keep you abreast of the company's progress, we will send you a monthly newsletter documenting production and sales and alerting you to issues to be voted on in our quarterly meetings. We hope you will be able to attend those meetings to have your voice heard. Of course, if you have any questions or suggestions in the meantime, feel free to contact me or John Doe at 555-5555.
Also attached is an automatic reinvestment form. Reinvesting your quarterly dividends is a great way to make your initial investment grow even faster.
Example Letter #5
Doe Corporation is pleased to welcome you as a new investor in our company. We are sure you will find your investment to be a sound and rewarding financial decision.
I am sending you additional information about Doe Corporation, including the most recent annual and quarterly reports. We will update you regularly on the growth and progress of the company, and notify you in advance of all shareholder meetings. We hope you will be an active, involved investor, exercising your privileges as a stockholder of this expanding company.
We invite you to communicate with us directly with any suggestions, ideas, or questions you may have. You can reach us at 555-5555 during regular business hours, or you may send your comments by mail. We look forward to a long and profitable relationship. We anticipate seeing you at our next shareholders' meeting.
Example Letter #6
We just received your subscription for 6,000 shares and your check. Thank you for your interest in Doe and your commitment to its future. You will be pleased to know that we just voted to expand into the Pacific Northwest. Your investment will help with that expansion.
We invite you to our next board meeting at 9:00 a.m. on May 5, at the Springfield Hotel. I have enclosed our most recent quarterly report and 10-K for your use. Please give me a call at 555-5555 if you have any questions. Enjoy the ride.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Express a warm welcome to the company.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- It is a pleasure to welcome you as a shareholder in the Doe Corporation. I am sure you will find our association rewarding.
- On behalf of the board of directors, I am pleased to welcome you as our newest member. We look forward to a productive future together.
- Welcome aboard! We are delighted that you have chosen to take this exciting opportunity, and look forward to a long and rewarding association.
- Thank you for joining us at Doe Associates. I am sending you a copy of our last quarterly report for your information. As a stockholder you will receive these regularly. Please feel free to contact us if you need further information.
- You have made a wise choice in joining Doe's! To help you become better acquainted with the company, its operations, and goals, I am sending you a copy of our last annual report. Please feel free to call me for any clarifications.
- Congratulations! You are now a part-owner of Doe Corporation, one of the most progressive manufacturing companies in the state.
- We are happy to have you join us. We take great pride in our company, and are always glad to see new investors.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- a productive future together
- always a pleasure to
- always glad to
- are very pleased to
- are sure you will be pleased with
- are delighted that
- as a voting shareholder
- as a new shareholder
- as a shareholder of
- delighted to have you as a shareholder
- happy to have you with us
- have made a wise choice in
- is a sound business decision
- of mutual benefit
- on behalf of
- participate in making decisions
- safeguard your investment
- sending you a copy of
- shareholders have benefited from
- sound and profitable management practices
- take great pride in
- thank you for joining us at
- this exciting opportunity
- to welcome a new investor
- to welcome you
- to invest in
- will do our best to
- you have chosen to
2 Provide general information about the company and more specific information concerning the stockholder's investment.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- Enclosed is a shareholder's packet with information concerning your rights and responsibilities as an owner, as well as the most recent quarterly and annual reports.
- We are firmly committed to providing you with clear and accurate data about the company, its products, and policies, so you can be an informed voter. We will also keep you closely informed about your financial investment in Doe Corp.
- As you may have learned, we will soon be opening markets in China. We see this as a major step toward doubling our growth.
- You are joining us at a very opportune time as we merge with Doe Print Shops. We feel this merger will help us gain a greater share of the market.
- You will have an opportunity at our next shareholders' meeting to become involved in the operation of the company. We will appreciate your insights.
- Since we have gained the support of so many new stockholders, we anticipate expanding our operation to Springfield. You will receive details of this plan in the mail next month.
- Doe is currently paying a quarterly dividend of $4.03 per share. Of course, we can send your dividend directly to you by check each quarter, but you might want to look into our Automatic Reinvestment Plan (ARP). This is an easy way to make your investment grow. A sign-up form with more detailed information is attached.
- We hope you will become actively involved in the management process and be an informed voter.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- a most opportune time to
- anticipate expanding our operation
- arrange to credit your
- automatically reinvest your
- can send you a check
- day-to-day operations
- enclosed is a shareholder's packet
- feel that this merger
- first concern is to
- give an accurate picture of
- have a firm commitment to
- have positioned ourselves
- have enjoyed steady
- help you maintain your
- if you prefer to
- is currently paying a quarterly dividend of
- it may interest you to know that
- keep you closely informed about
- make your investment grow
- might want to look into
- more detailed information
- purchase of additional stock
- so you can be an informed voter
- some additional information about
- to apply your dividends
- will help us to
3 Invite further communication.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- Of course, this brief introduction represents only the beginning of what we hope will be a long and productive association.
- We look forward to significant yearly expansion.
- Doe Corp is interested in shareholder ideas, suggestions, and comments. After all, it is your company.
- Please do not hesitate to call if you have questions about our products or services.
- We anticipate a very active year in both domestic and foreign markets.
- Please feel free to call me at 555-5555 for more detailed answers to your questions.
- You have made a sound investment and can look forward to significant growth in the future.
- My job is to make sure that you are a completely satisfied investor. Therefore, if you have any questions, comments, problems, or requests, please call me on my direct line, 555-5555.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- additional information about
- always happy to
- any comments or questions
- are always interested in
- are always available to
- can reach us by calling
- contact my office at
- do not hesitate to
- give me a call during business hours
- if you have any further questions
- look forward to
- maintaining contact with
- receive quarterly reports
- to answer your questions
- welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions
- when you have questions about
- will be quick to respond
4 Close with a positive expression about future association.
Sample Sentences for Step 4
- The shareholders' newsletter, sent quarterly with the financial reports, will keep you informed about the company and matters of interest to shareholders, such as meetings, proxies, and economic projections.
- We look forward to a long and mutually profitable association with you.
- I am always available to respond to your needs and concerns.
- We look forward to growing together.
- The future is filled with promise for us all. We're glad you're with us.
Sample Phrases for Step 4
- a long and mutually profitable association with
- a long and pleasant association
- always available to
- are glad you are
- every quarter you will receive
- meetings, proxies, and economic projections
- respond to your needs and concerns
- satisfactory in every way
- send you memos and documents
- sent quarterly with the financial reports
- stay abreast of
- the future is filled with
- trust that you will find
- will keep you informed about
- your association with