Example Letter #1
Doe Iron Works extends a big Kansas welcome to your company. We have been in business in this area for thirty years and have watched Springfield grow from a small farming community to a thriving industrial center. This is a good area for manufacturing companies, and the economy is very strong.
Doe Iron Works specializes in repairing farm and industrial equipment. Keeping up with new technologies, we have moved into the computer age with computerized welding, stock management, and parts ordering. We have the most versatile parts department in the state. Please give us a call if we can help you get settled.
I am also the president of the local manufacturing association. Our next meeting is June 12, and I would like to invite you to attend. I will call with more specific information.
Again, welcome. I believe your company will be a real asset to our community.
Example Letter #2
Welcome to Springfield and congratulations on your new expansion. We are your next door neighbors, Doe & Doe, Attorneys at Law, in Suite 44D.
We want to extend our special invitation to a monthly meeting that includes all of the business owners in the Springfield Plaza, as well as invited guests from the Chamber of Commerce, to discuss common concerns.
Attached is a calendar for this year's activities, along with information concerning our meeting places, times, and leadership. We hope to see you at our next meeting, Tuesday, at 7:00 p.m.
Example Letter #3
We would like to welcome you and The Cutting Corner Hair Salon to downtown Springfield. We are excited to have a new business downtown. We have needed a hair salon in the area for a long time.
We own the office supply store around the corner from you, Doe Office Supplies. We have been here for 10 years and have found Springfield a great place to do business. We are sure you'll be equally pleased with the area.
All of the business owners in the community meet the first Tuesday of every month for lunch at the Chamber of Commerce building at 1600 Main Street. We hope you will join us. It's a good opportunity to get to know the other business owners in the area and work together to improve the business climate in Springfield. Our next meeting will be held Tuesday, March 6, at noon.
We would be happy to help you get set up in your new location. We have a complete stock of business cards, forms, and other supplies. Come in any time between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday. We will help you get started and give you the 10% discount we offer to all businesses downtown. Best wishes for success in your new shop. We look forward to doing business with you.
Example Letter #4
Welcome to Main Street. Every time a new business moves in, my business improves. I hope Doe Tent and Awning affects your business in the same way.
I want to invite you to attend the Chamber of Commerce luncheon at noon this Friday. Will you come? The governor will be speaking so the food may improve. I'll stop by later this week to see if you can go.
I wish you luck and much success. If I can do anything to make the transition any easier, let me know.
Write this letter to establish a friendly, cooperative relationship with a new business. Invite the reader to participate in an association, identify current issues of concern to business people in the area, or offer whatever specific assistance you are prepared to give. Take advantage of the sales opportunity, if appropriate.
1 Make a direct and enthusiastic welcoming statement.
- Welcome to our neighborhood! This is a wonderful place to do business.
- Welcome to Springfield! We hope you will find this neighborhood just as friendly as we have.
- Everyone in the neighborhood is excited about your arrival and eager to get acquainted, so let me be among the first to say hello.
- We are happy to have you here with us on Main Street. We take great pride in our town, and are always glad to see new businesses move in. It is a sign that the area is growing and business is good.
- We are delighted to have you in the area.
- We are pleased to welcome you to the area.
- Greetings, neighbor!
- Welcome to the building.
- a great place to do business
- a wonderful place to
- a fine company like yours
- always glad to see
- business is good
- delighted to have you as
- eager to get acquainted
- excited about your arrival
- glad to welcome
- happy to have you here with us on
- hope you will do well
- in this new enterprise
- is a wonderful place to
- know you will enjoy
- know you will do well here
- living and doing business here
- new businesses move in
- on behalf of
- our growing downtown area
- pleased to welcome you
- take great pride in
- the opening of your new
- this thriving community
- welcome you to
- will be a fine addition to
2 Introduce yourself and your business.
- I am the owner Doe's Used Cars, your business neighbor to the north.
- Doe Supply has been doing business in this area for 15 years, and we have grown with the neighborhood.
- I would like to introduce myself. I am John Doe, owner of Doe Construction.
- Let me introduce myself. My name is John Doe. I am the owner of Springfield Hardware, located just down the street.
- Our real estate offices, Doe Real Estate, are located on the floor just above you.
- am your new neighbor
- am the owner of
- am pleased to welcome
- are glad to welcome you
- are located at
- can find us at
- for the past few years
- have been doing business
- just down the street
- let me introduce
- my name is
- my business is
- our company has a
- should get acquainted
- take this opportunity to
- to introduce myself
- to give you some contacts
- want to let you know
- we specialize in
- will be neighbors
- will come over to
- would like to
- would be happy to
- would like to introduce myself
- your business neighbor
3 Invite the reader to participate in an association, identify current issues of concern to business people in the area, or offer whatever specific assistance you are prepared to give. If appropriate, take advantage of the sales opportunity.
- I would like to invite you to participate in the local businessmen's association. We sponsor a luncheon on the third Wednesday of each month, during which invited guests talk about issues and concerns of importance to us all.
- If I can help you in any way, please let me know.
- One of the reasons the business climate in the area is so good is that we work hard to keep it that way. We have been active in passing laws and ordinances to control crime, vandalism, and panhandling in the downtown area.
- Make Doe Office Supplies your first stop for all your supply needs. Our staff is ready to serve you, and we can deliver most orders to your door within an hour.
- I hope to see you at our neighborhood association meetings.
- be happy to discuss your needs
- can have a great economic impact on
- discuss issues and concerns
- have been active in
- hope you will consider joining
- hope to see you
- if I can help you in any way
- if you ever need
- in the downtown area
- in getting laws and ordinances passed
- invited guests talk about
- is a wonderful part of town
- is an excellent location
- issues currently facing merchants
- issues which may adversely affect
- look forward to working with you
- members of the business community
- need to take united action
- of great importance to the community
- offer our services
- once you're settled
- our neighborhood association meetings
- pays close attention to
- ready to serve you
- several issues which may
- to meet with us
- to control crime, vandalism, and panhandling
- to join our association
- to become active in
- welcoming you into our
- work hard to keep it that way
- would like to invite you to
4 Express anticipation of future cooperation and good relations among neighbors.
- Best of luck in your new location. If I can answer any questions about the area, please call.
- If I can help you get settled or introduce you to any of the other business people in the mall, please let me know.
- We look forward to working with you and hearing your ideas.
- Please do not hesitate to call or drop by for a visit.
- am sure you will do well here
- answer any questions
- arrange a convenient time to
- best of luck
- best wishes for success
- come by any time
- don't hesitate to call
- feel free to
- getting to know you
- good luck with your new venture
- if I can answer any questions about
- if I can be of any help
- if I can help you
- in your new location
- introduce you to
- let me know if
- look forward to
- over the next few years
- seeing you at our next meeting
- to this congenial group
- to help you get up to speed
- to meeting you
- will be happy to
- will give you a call
- will be in touch