Sample Letter #1
We have been most patient, but you have failed to respond to our four previous notices.
We now have no alternative but to require immediate payment. Failure to respond may lead to legal action.
Please mail your check today.
Sample Letter #2
This is your fifth notice regarding your delinquent account balance.
You owe $532.14, including interest. Up until now, we have avoided aggressive collection action, but we require your payment now.
Sample Letter #3
You have ignored my last five written requests to remit your balance due of $674.98. I have been more than patient in this matter, but now I must demand payment. If you wish to avoid having this matter turned over to collections, I must have your payment on my desk by 5:00 p.m. on November 5.
Sample Letter #4
I have been authorized to refer your account to a collection agency. I do not believe this action to be necessary, if you will make some effort to cooperate with us. In the hope that you will cooperate, I am delaying further action for ten days from the date of this letter. Should you fail to make payment within that time, I will authorize Kansas Business Bureau on November 1 to proceed against you in appropriate ways to collect the balance of $603.40. This is your final opportunity to arrange for payment directly to us. I urge your cooperation.
Please make payment to:
1600 Main Street
Springfield, Kansas 12345
Sample Letter #5
After four reminders, I can no longer believe that your failure to pay the $777 you owe is an oversight. Having received no response to my suggestion that you call to make payment arrangements, I must insist that you pay the balance due immediately.
If I do not receive the money by 5:00 p.m. on June 30, I shall be forced to take further action.
- How to Write a Collection Letter
- How to Write the Appeal Collection Letter
- How to Write the Inquiry Collection Letter
- How to Write the Reminder Collection Letter
- How to Write the Ultimatum Collection Letter
Still can't find the right words for your collection letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the collection letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective collection letter.
- Print your collection letter and send it!