Example Letter #1
We have not received your July 1 premium payment. Please be aware that the grace period for your policy ends on August 25. You have been a valued customer of Doe Insurance for over five years and have benefited from low premiums and comprehensive coverage. Please remit today to avoid cancellation. We want to continue serving your insurance needs.
Example Letter #2
Please remember that your monthly insurance premium of $75.61 is past due. Because your hazard insurance is critical to you, your family, and your home, we urge you to remit payment immediately. Should your coverage lapse and a subsequent accident occur, you would have no coverage for losses or possible litigation. Unless our office receives your payment by May 5, your policy will lapse. Please do not jeopardize the financial security of your family by failing to pay your premium immediately.
Example Letter #3
Your July premium for your homeowner's policy is past due, and the grace period expires on May 5, at midnight. Your valuable protection ends at that time, leaving your home and personal items unprotected. Please remit your premium today, so you will continue to have this important protection.
Example Letter #4
We have not yet received the July premium payment on your auto insurance policy, and would like to remind you that the low premium you enjoy is partially dependent on your having uninterrupted coverage. If we have not received your payment by midnight on July 20, your policy will lapse, with all the inconvenience that that entails.
Please send your premium payment as soon as possible. If you have mailed it in the past week, please ignore this notice.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Remind the customer that the premium payment is past due.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- Last month when we spoke about your automobile insurance payment, you indicated that you would send a check immediately. The grace period has ended, and we still have not received your check.
- You may have forgotten that your policy was due for renewal two weeks ago.
- We remind you that you need to pay your second quarter's premium.
- Were you as busy last month as I was? If you were, you probably forgot that your payment for next quarter's insurance coverage was due two weeks ago.
- We have received a request from our home office in Springfield to contact you regarding your unpaid premium for $39.87.
- Perhaps your outstanding balance of $23.85 has slipped your mind because of this busy season.
- You are a valued customer, so we want you to understand the seriousness of letting an insurance policy lapse.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- allowing your policy to expire
- are still waiting for your payment
- are still waiting for your check
- concerning your unpaid insurance premium of
- did not receive your premium for
- did not receive last month's premium
- due date has passed
- expect premium payments by
- expected your payment by
- grace period is past
- grace period has expired
- had indicated that you would send a check immediately
- have yet to receive your insurance premium
- have received a request from our home office
- have not paid your premium
- just a note to remind you that
- may have forgotten that
- no penalty if sent within the grace period
- our records indicate
- outstanding balance is
- premium payment is past due
- regarding your unpaid premium of
- regarding your delinquent account
- still within the grace period
- still have not received your check
- this letter is to remind you
- want you to be aware of
- want to let you know
- want to remind you
2 Restate the benefits of holding your company's insurance coverage.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- To remind you of the benefits of your home insurance policy, we have enclosed some informative literature.
- We continue to offer a low premium with only a $200.00 deductible. Such low cost with such broad coverage is a remarkable bargain in today's insurance market.
- Before losing your coverage, please consider that the maternity benefit covers complications both during pregnancy and for three months after delivery.
- Your payment of $63.87 will keep your policy in force. We encourage you to renew the policy soon so you are not left unprotected.
- Unlike other policies, your policy covers not only accidents, but flooding and other natural disasters.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- any other insurance company
- before letting your coverage expire
- before losing your coverage
- before you let your coverage be canceled
- can offer more discounts
- cannot get a lower quotation
- cost of our coverage is highly competitive
- continue to offer a low premium
- coverage for uninsured motorists
- encourage you to renew
- excellent track record
- for this low rate
- have enclosed some informative literature
- in today's insurance market
- have lowest premiums
- lowest deductibles in the industry
- most comprehensive coverage in the industry
- no other company offers
- offer the most comprehensive coverage
- payment will keep your policy in force
- the only company that offers
3 State when the coverage will end if payment is not received.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- If we do not receive payment by May 5, we must cancel your automobile policy. The grace period has expired.
- We do not want to lose a valued client, but we cannot continue to offer you coverage if you do not send your payment before June 15.
- Unless we receive payment by July 31, your coverage will end at midnight on that date.
- Act now to avoid losing fire protection on your home. Your current policy will expire on August 31, if no payments are made.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- a lapse in coverage will occur if
- act now to avoid
- can only help you keep your current policy
- can not continue to provide coverage if
- can not continue to cover you if
- can't find such premiums anywhere
- coverage will expire on
- coverage will end at midnight
- coverage will be terminated on
- coverage will be canceled if
- current policy will expire on
- if we do not receive payment by
- if you do not send your payment by
- if payment is not received
- if you do not act immediately
- low premiums will be lost
- must cancel you automobile policy
- to avoid losing fire protection on your home
- will be unprotected
- will have to discontinue insurance policy if
- will otherwise be unprotected against
4 Instruct the customer to send immediate payment.
Sample Sentences for Step 4
- Please mail your payment in the envelope provided.
- Place your check in the mail today to avoid cancellation of your policy.
- For continued peace of mind, we urge you to keep your policy current. We have enclosed an envelope for your convenience.
- Keeping your policy current is the best way to assure your family's financial future.
- If you can't send payment today, let us at least talk about your situation. We may be able to offer an alternative solution.
Sample Phrases for Step 4
- at your earliest convenience
- best way to assure their financial future
- continue protecting your investment
- could be damaging
- coverage will extend until
- don't allow a lapse in coverage
- drop it in the mail
- easier to renew your policy than
- encourage you to renew your policy
- for your own safety
- for continued coverage
- for continued peace of mind
- for continued protection
- have enclosed an envelope
- if you can't send payment today
- if you desire more comprehensive coverage
- if you need more information
- if you desire less expensive coverage
- if you have already sent this payment
- if we can be of further assistance
- if you send the payment today
- if you have any questions
- to avoid cancellation