Remind an Organization Member to Pay a Fee, Duty, or Pledge • Example Letters, Guides and Samples
Get straight to the point and ask for payment. The message should be brief, yet courteous.
How to write this collection letter:
- Inform the member that the time has come for him or her to remit payment. Mention the specific amount due.
- Tell the member how to make payment.
Example Letter #1
Thank you for your generous pledge of $2,000 toward construction of the Doe Club House. The ground-breaking ceremony is scheduled for March 25, and we hope all pledges will be paid before that event. Please write your check now and forward it in the enclosed self-addressed envelope.
Example Letter #2
As you may be aware, quarterly club dues of $56.00 are to be paid by Saturday, April 13, 2019. Please send your check in the envelope enclosed. Thank you for your prompt attention.
Example Letter #3
Thank you for your recent pledge of $500 to KSPR, Springfield's only public radio station. Please mail your check in the envelope provided. Thank you for your generosity.
Example Letter #4
It's June again, and the yearly membership fee for our houseboat association are due. Because it is time for our five-year boat overhaul, the fees for this year are a little bit higher for each family. Please remit the amount shown on your statement in the enclosed envelope by July 1.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Inform the member that the time has come for him or her to remit payment. Mention the specific amount due.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- Enclosed is a copy of the receipt for the equipment that each club member agreed to help buy. The equipment cost is $345.90, so your share is $15.83.
- Due to higher costs, club fees are up again. This year we have raised the membership fee an extra $5.00, so your payment is now $25.00.
- Your pledge for $150.00 has not reached my desk yet. We hope to finish our pledge drive this month, so we will appreciate receiving your payment as soon as possible.
- We remind you that membership renewals are due the first of the year. This year we all agreed to donate an extra $10.00 to charity. Please include that donation with your membership fee.
- The treasurer wants to remind each member that the annual ball will be held in November. This event requires a $40.00 per couple fee not covered by annual membership fees.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- agreed to pay 20 percent of
- are responsible for the cost of
- are still waiting for
- as soon as possible
- because of higher rental costs
- charter club members must pay a fee
- club membership is a privilege
- could it be somewhere en route
- due the first of the year
- due to higher costs
- each club member agreed to pay
- enclosed is a copy of the receipt
- expect to see your payment
- expect your club dues
- fees are due again
- had the impression
- has not reached my desk yet
- have yet to receive
- have not received
- hope to finish our pledge period this month
- hope all money is in by
- hope to collect all pledges by
- in order for things to run smoothly
- in order to continue our programs
- it's that time of year again
- just a note to remind you
- not covered by annual membership fees
- please pay your club dues in the amount of
- please include the donation with your membership fee
- remind you that membership renewals
- sponsorship is appreciated
- the amount comes to
- the membership fee has been raised this year
- this event requires
- this year we have raised the membership fee
- time to remit payment
- to donate an extra
- treasurer wants to remind all those who
- your payment would be welcome
2 Tell the member how to make payment.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- We look forward to renewing your membership. Just send your check to your area treasurer.
- We hope to receive your check by the end of the month so you will not miss our opening event.
- Your $300.00 pledge means warm meals for many people in need. We look forward to your welcome contribution.
- You can bring the money to our next meeting or send it to John Doe, our treasurer.
- If you have not already paid your membership fees, please mail the money to John Doe at the address below.
- We have enclosed a prepaid, self-addressed envelope for your convenience.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- always grateful for your pledge
- appreciate your contribution in the amount of
- at the next meeting
- at next week's meeting
- because it's such a wonderful cause
- by the end of the month
- can bring the money to
- can either give the money directly to the treasurer or
- can also use your credit card
- follow the instructions included in this letter
- follow the instructions accompanying this notice
- for your convenience
- have enclosed a prepaid, self-addressed envelope
- have enclosed a payment slip
- hope to receive your check
- hope you will join us again soon
- if you have not yet paid your membership fees
- if you have not already paid your membership fees
- if you are waiting for the right time
- in order to make payment
- please mail your membership fees to
- please mail the money to
- thank you for helping the children
- thanks so much for participating
- the treasurer will be coming by on
- the beneficiaries will remember your kindness and generosity
- your contribution will mean